1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 hours ago, That Dude said:

Green Day do a pretty darn good job at chopping off access fat.   One peak into the Green Day Vault and I'm sure there's at LEAST a dozen records worth of really good songs that were cut from albums.     If I HAD to point out some filler-esque tunes, I could do that.   Songs that are good, but a bit thin or undercooked:  

Troublemaker

Angel Blue

Bouncing off the Wall

Fire Read Aim

Stab You in the Heart

I love all those songs! 

Only GD song I'm not crazy about is Sweet 16. I've said it before but it sounded so funky from the club shows but on the album it's just kind of nothingy and didn't live up to expectations.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

I see your point now, respect.  As Dominated Love Song said, "What may be filler to one fan, may be another fan's favorite song." I can't get Graffitia out of my head. And it sounds like Tre is playing the drums with sledgehammers, awesome. I usually play that at full blast on my speakers in the garden at home. I'm trying to think of other ways to annoy the neighbours. 😁 Any ideas?

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

I love all those songs! 

Only GD song I'm not crazy about is Sweet 16. I've said it before but it sounded so funky from the club shows but on the album it's just kind of nothingy and didn't live up to expectations.

Kill the DJ’s tempo was faster live , which suited it way better.

i thought the album version was soooo slow.

4 hours ago, pcj said:

I see your point now, respect.  As Dominated Love Song said, "What may be filler to one fan, may be another fan's favorite song." I can't get Graffitia out of my head. And it sounds like Tre is playing the drums with sledgehammers, awesome. I usually play that at full blast on my speakers in the garden at home. I'm trying to think of other ways to annoy the neighbours. 😁 Any ideas?

If you ask my old neighbor just walk around. She complained she could her my bf "stomping" when he's just walking 🙄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pcj said:

As Dominated Love Song said, "What may be filler to one fan, may be another fan's favorite song." 

LOL it was me that said that

21 hours ago, legendary said:

I have a better list of fillers songs:

Father of All…

Fire, Ready, Aim

Oh Yeah!

Meet Me on the Roof

I Was a Teenage Teenager

Stab You in the Heart

Sugar Youth

Junkies on a High

Take the Money and Crawl

Graffitia

No way is Junkies on a High, or I Was A Teenage Teenager filler...in my opinion!😅

• Like 2

Father of all is decent, sugar youth is decent, graffitia is decent. Everything else is mediocre to straight cringe imo. I still feel like it was them trying to transition to a newer younger audience (probably looking at Weezer) and absolutely failing because they've been big for to long.

Anyways 4 dollars a pound 

Im A big Youngblood fan that was a staple in their rev-rad tour along with Ordinary World…also Graffitia is a great song

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Anyways 4 dollars a pound 

What does that mean?

9 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

What does that mean?

34 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

The clip from the Sopranos

• Like 1

It's weird to tease for half a year then go silent.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

It's weird to tease for half a year then go silent.

Not for this band. They've always been incredibly inconsistent.

• Like 3

Seriously, worst marketing ever... The guys are pushing their boundries with this album cycle

• Like 1

On 7/14/2022 at 3:47 PM, Christian's Inferno! said:

Idk why people point to IWATT as one of the good tracks. It's absolutely the worst of FOAMF and worst Green Day song imo. It offers absolutely nothing of value

It was rumored to be the next single before the world ended. Not the best single choice, but I don't mind It.   So you like Ready Fire Aim better than Teenager?

Teenage Teenager would be a great song but there’s absolutely no reason why they couldn’t write another verse! For that reason alone I won’t listen to it, I just don’t understand it 😂

• Like 1

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

It was rumored to be the next single before the world ended. Not the best single choice, but I don't mind It.   So you like Ready Fire Aim better than Teenager?

Rumored by who and where?

• Like 1