1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

6 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

On no please not the inescapability of the passage of time :shok:

dying, everyone's reminded :(

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You’re concluding that from the fact that it said new music by the end of the year?

I cannot read. But allegedly they did film behind the scenes footage at hella mega so i would expect that to come out before Christmas

7 hours ago, DearlyBeloved87 said:

800-F077-F-CFB8-4-AD5-81-D3-881-F4632903

So it's not called 1972 anymore? Is this just a guess or do they know more? 

I mean, how would a fan account know?

• Like 3

I think that 1972 is maybe the title of the film, but the album will have a different title

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I think that 1972 is maybe the title of the film, but the album will have a different title

Interesting...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

That makes sense!! Remember when Billie shared those Sweet Children fan art album covers?

1972: The Making of the Sweet Children album

And as I said a few pages back, they better not make this a Paramount Plus or Disney Plus exclusive. I would love a DVD/Blu Ray, or even better if it’s a theatrical release!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Don't forget that whilst the shows on the 21CB tour were closer to 2.5-3 hours there were a lot, lot more hey ohs, etc :lol:

True dat!🤣

54 minutes ago, Duhhan1023 said:

I met Tre, and told him I'm looking forward to 1972, and his reply was 'me too man'

Did you get to ask him anything else about it?

• Like 1

I can’t blame people for not properly interrogating them - I’d try to play it cool so I’d be like “hey whats up?! anyway idk who you are” :lol:

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

@TJChrobo was the real goat

Wasn’t he the one that Billie spilled the beans about FOAM to? He said the single will be out in September and the album in February

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I can’t blame people for not properly interrogating them - I’d try to play it cool so I’d be like “hey whats up?! anyway idk who you are” :lol:

As evidenced with people here in the threads, Billie is very open with spilling the beans about their release schedules. At first he said there will be a 6 track EP, but judging by the teasers, it's clearly going to be a bigger album!!!!

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Albums are always going to have filler

Not All Killers No Fillers 

• Like 2

On 7/10/2022 at 10:33 AM, GDFan2019 said:

You can't avoid that. Albums are always going to have filler along with 4 or 5 hit singles. But filler is really only a matter of one's opinion. What may be filler to one fan, may be another fan's favorite song.

I don't think every album has filler.  But you know what's been really grinding my gears in 2022?

Interludes.  Interludes are bastards and I hate them all. Bad Religion are the only band to properly use the interlude.

Also, albums that begin with an amplifier being plugged in noise. 

These two things are on every album this year and has to stop.

Back to what you were saying though, hopefully Green Day will have enough momentum to reach a fifth single.

Is it time for another Greatest Hits yet?

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, pcj said:

I'm sorry i don't  understand maybe I've misunderstood, but personally I can't imagine Green Day using fillers. Followed Green Day since 1989 and listened to every song to come out of Billie Joe's head, all have been awesome. Not one has been out of place. It's just insane to think of Billie Joe throwing a song in to an album just to make up the numbers, fuck that.

Ooooooh I can name a lot of fillers.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Ooooooh I can name a lot of fillers.

Green Day do a pretty darn good job at chopping off access fat.   One peak into the Green Day Vault and I'm sure there's at LEAST a dozen records worth of really good songs that were cut from albums.     If I HAD to point out some filler-esque tunes, I could do that.   Songs that are good, but a bit thin or undercooked:  

Troublemaker

Angel Blue

Bouncing off the Wall

Fire Read Aim

Stab You in the Heart

• Like 1

Every band uses fillers. Those would be songs that were pulled from the vault or other projects to complete an album. That's not the same as songs fans don't like or consider weak. Examples of fillers would be songs like Youngblood, Drama Queen, Ordinary World or Stab You In the Heart.  RevRad had quite a few fillers actually because I think Billie only had a handful of new songs.  Bouncing off The Wall was another one, as @That Dude pointed out.  

• Like 2