1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

It's too bad their Hockey deal didn't bring us more masterclass songs like Fire Ready Aim.

It has come and gone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I honestly worry if they put it out too early, they will burn themselves out. The tour has to have been exhausting, and they still have a ton of dates in Sept/Oct. To go from that straight into promotion for a new album and then another tour seems like a recipe for burnout. 

Same. I think they need a break between the tour and promotion of the next album. They’ve burned themselves out before and I wouldn’t want that to happen again… If they couldn’t handle it before, it’s probably not a good idea to try constant touring now when they’re getting older.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Same. I think they need a break between the tour and promotion of the next album. They’ve burned themselves out before and I wouldn’t want that to happen again… If they couldn’t handle it before, it’s probably not a good idea to try constant touring now when they’re getting older.

If you remember the original plans for the Hella Mega Tour before the pandemic hit, the album came out that February and they weren't scheduled to go on tour until the summer.

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If you remember the original plans for the Hella Mega Tour before the pandemic hit, the album came out that February and they weren't scheduled to go on tour until the summer.

Yeah they might repeat this schedule if they continue focusing on touring rather than on the album.

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Yeah they might repeat this schedule if they continue focusing on touring rather than on the album.

But I mean, they're clearly more enthusiastic about this new album. I can see them doing a smaller arena tour, maybe some smaller club shows to start

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But I mean, they're clearly more enthusiastic about this new album. I can see them doing a smaller arena tour, maybe some smaller club shows to start

I don’t know. I don’t have a lot of expectations regarding the new album. I’d be happy if they played their new music and actually promoted it, but Hella Mega worked out just fine and it might be the way they want to go.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t know. I don’t have a lot of expectations regarding the new album. I’d be happy if they played their new music and actually promoted it, but Hella Mega worked out just fine and it might be the way they want to go.

If they continue with a Hella Mega 2 tour, so to speak, what songs do you cut in favor of 1972 songs, especially if it has 4 or 5 songs worthy of being hit singles? Maybe have Weezer and Fall Out Boy cut down their setlists?

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

If they continue with a Hella Mega 2 tour, so to speak, what songs do you cut in favor of 1972 songs, especially if it has 4 or 5 songs worthy of being hit singles? Maybe have Weezer and Fall Out Boy cut down their setlists?

If they did another legacy tour they’d play one new song at the maximum like they did with Polyanna.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

But they had a whole month of Asia dates scheduled for March that never happened as well as Aus/NZ for the Fall. The tour should have been much bigger.  But Billie looked wiped after this month I agree another tour should probably happen after a bit of a break. But I always enjoy the TV/magazine promotion time that comes with a new album.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

But they had a whole month of Asia dates scheduled for March that never happened as well as Aus/NZ for the Fall. The tour should have been much bigger.  But Billie looked wiped after this month I agree another tour should probably happen after a bit of a break. But I always enjoy the TV/magazine promotion time that comes with a new album.

https://greenday.com/tour

Here's their remaining festival dates for the year. How long are their festival setlists usually?

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://greenday.com/tour

Here's their remaining festival dates for the year. How long are their festival setlists usually?

The same as their regular shows - around 90 minutes

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

If they did another legacy tour they’d play one new song at the maximum like they did with Polyanna.

And of course there would also be pre-release secret shows where they play the new album in full!!!

I am in two minds.  I think they loved touring again and may also be keen to ride the wave off HM which did create quite a lot of attention.   I don’t think we can judge how Billie felt by one set of pics taken outside the hotel, he looks very good just a few days later.  

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, jengd said:

I am in two minds.  I think they loved touring again and may also be keen to ride the wave off HM which did create quite a lot of attention.   I don’t think we can judge how Billie felt by one set of pics taken outside the hotel, he looks very good just a few days later.  

I think they did enjoy being back on tour and it would make sense for them to keep the momentum, but there’s more than just that one set of pictures that makes me think it’s time for a bit of a break.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jengd said:

What pics are you referring to ?

On 7/7/2022 at 8:05 PM, Beerjeezus said:

The same as their regular shows - around 90 minutes

Are they normally around 90mins? I don't know why, but I thought a 'regular' show was longer at about two hours! 

37 minutes ago, Psycho Britney said:

Are they normally around 90mins? I don't know why, but I thought a 'regular' show was longer at about two hours! 

They play the same setlist every time. It’s on the longer side of around 90 minutes… I’d say 1 hour 40 min? I remember when they play for over two hours. Our boys are agin

42 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

They play the same setlist every time. It’s on the longer side of around 90 minutes… I’d say 1 hour 40 min? I remember when they play for over two hours. Our boys are agin

aren't we all

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, HAR said:

aren't we all

On no please not the inescapability of the passage of time :shok:

• Haha 1

Don't forget that whilst the shows on the 21CB tour were closer to 2.5-3 hours there were a lot, lot more hey ohs, etc :lol:

• Haha 1
  • Love 1

800-F077-F-CFB8-4-AD5-81-D3-881-F4632903

So it's not called 1972 anymore? Is this just a guess or do they know more? 

• Surprised 1

it means they shot a documentary. Kinda curious how candid they’re willing to go these days

1 hour ago, Beerjeezus said:

it means they shot a documentary. Kinda curious how candid they’re willing to go these days

You’re concluding that from the fact that it said new music by the end of the year?