1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Where else did you see this?

Fan pages on FB I think.

1 hour ago, dreamykatie said:

Ok, I have a question. If this is true and isn't a rumor, may I ask how long the process for mastering takes? I've never really followed a musical artist this closely before, so I'm still learning about all the technical stuff. 

http://www.audiobaymastering.com/mastering-turnaround-time/#:~:text=Mastering a full length album,if necessary but not recommended.

According to this, about a week for a full length album

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

My source tells me they are halfway done recording tambourines. So we can expect the album sometime late 2024.

I hope they have already finished recording claps. I was told that it take more time than it appears to have all the hands tuned

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

Ok, I have a question. If this is true and isn't a rumor, may I ask how long the process for mastering takes? I've never really followed a musical artist this closely before, so I'm still learning about all the technical stuff. 

Usually takes a week or so, but big bands with big budget could take a month, because recalls. Bands like Green Day also make the process twice, due vinyls.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hmmm....interesting!!! According to this guy, the whole "I'm renouncing my US citizenship and moving to London" thing sounds like a publicity stunt. And they just happened to be recording in London!!!!

I don't think so. I was there when he said it in London, really felt like more of a spare of the moment comment based on trying to hype up the audience rather than anything that had any real planning behind it. We just shocked them with our energy :)

• Like 3

I mean you can‘t just renounce your citizenship and take the citizenship of a different country whenever you want. And golden visas get much criticism right now. Maybe Billie moves to England but I don‘t expect more than that, if at all.

The actual process is that you first apply for another citizenship and then either get dual or drop the previous one, but not before obtaining a new passport. Making youself stateless isn’t a good idea. :P

On 7/3/2022 at 7:04 PM, GDFan2019 said:

Hmmm....interesting!!! According to this guy, the whole "I'm renouncing my US citizenship and moving to London" thing sounds like a publicity stunt. And they just happened to be recording in London!!!!

He said the same thing at the Irish show on revrad too

”I’m an expat In moving here etc etc etc”

was really funny to see how the US media blew this one completely out of proportion

• Like 4

They’re definitely going to take a break after the tour. If anything happens this year I’ll be surprised. Billie said the album isn’t coming out until 2023

On 7/3/2022 at 10:58 AM, dreamykatie said:

Mastering is real quick. MIXING is very time consuming. A lot of people probably wouldn't even notice any difference in a song that's mixed vs a song that's both mixed and mastered.

• Like 2

On 7/5/2022 at 7:28 PM, pacejunkie punk said:

I think Billie’s gonna go quiet for 2-3 weeks now to recover from the tour as he often does. They have Lollapalooza at the end of July and then a show in San Fran August 6. Maybe after that and before the many September dates we might hear something.  I’m thinking an official announcement or release won’t happen until October though.

At this point, I'm thinking maybe an August single and September/October for the album. Or if we're lucky, maybe a single this month? Because if you remember 10 years ago, Oh Love was announced on July 10th and released on July 16th!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

At this point, I'm thinking maybe an August single and September/October for the album. Or if we're lucky, maybe a single this month? Because if you remember 10 years ago, Oh Love was announced on July 10th and released on July 16th!!!

Brah he already confirmed it's coming  2023 I don't think we are getting any other than maybe a single around august. Maybe

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Brah he already confirmed it's coming  2023 I don't think we are getting any other than maybe a single around august. Maybe

But do we know when that interview was conducted? For all we know, maybe the release date plans weren't finalized at the time, and seeing how enthusiastic they have been in all the teasers, the teasers kinda imply the release is imminent

• Like 1

On 7/5/2022 at 8:28 PM, M1KEY said:

Mastering is real quick. MIXING is very time consuming. A lot of people probably wouldn't even notice any difference in a song that's mixed vs a song that's both mixed and mastered.

A master is usually the original WAV file of a recording.. it’s a much bigger and better sounding file (higher resolution) than if a mix was just exported as an MP3. Generally what you’d hear on a new CD would be master WAV files, and it would be rare for someone to have a the original master WAV of a song other than the artists themselves. 

• Like 1

I don't think we can compare this release cycle to others, mainly because they are still kinda touring. With performances sprinkled throughout the next few months, it doesn't really make sense for them to release anything new right now. 

I really don't see any new music coming from them until next year. Not even a single

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

I don't think we can compare this release cycle to others, mainly because they are still kinda touring. With performances sprinkled throughout the next few months, it doesn't really make sense for them to release anything new right now. 

I really don't see any new music coming from them until next year. Not even a single

Except for two sporting event F1 dates the bulk of the shows will be done by the end of September. If they announced the album in October, released a single and began selling preorders for the 2023 vinyl release they could take advantage of holiday sales maybe and hype singles through the end of the year  

• Like 3

maybe they release it in spring and do a proper tour in mid/late 2023 ?

they should use peoples interest in them with hellamega to release sth now OR they should release sth new in 2023 to push ticketsales for another tour in 2023/24

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

But do we know when that interview was conducted? For all we know, maybe the release date plans weren't finalized at the time, and seeing how enthusiastic they have been in all the teasers, the teasers kinda imply the release is imminent

It's been "imminent" since January, then February, then march, etc etc. Who knows when that interview was conducted but he said it's not coming until 2023, they are actually being tangible with us for what feels like once in forever. We ought to believe it.

• Like 4

Yeah I feel like 2023 is a safe bet at this point. But I think this one will be worth the wait. 

• Like 1