1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

46 minutes ago, pcj said:

Don't know if this is wind up, or if I've missed it on hear, been told release date is set for October 2022. That's 3 months away. Pissed off if that's true.

Depending on who told you, it’s either going to turn out wrong or GD have a crazy full schedule this year.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, pcj said:

Don't know if this is wind up, or if I've missed it on hear, been told release date is set for October 2022. That's 3 months away. Pissed off if that's true.

Are you talking new album? I know that’s the thread but just checking with the last few comments being about a movie.  Can that be right, do we have any idea when Billie said probably 2023?  Would seem quite soon, especially with them being away touring.

• Like 2

On one hand they did get set back by Hella Mega Europe being put off twice so they might want to go on with their new project, on the other hand, I would imagine they would want a bit of a break after the tour.

17 minutes ago, jengd said:

Are you talking new album? I know that’s the thread but just checking with the last few comments being about a movie.  Can that be right, do we have any idea when Billie said probably 2023?  Would seem quite soon, especially with them being away touring.

Billie said that in the Kerrang interview that came out when the tour was starting

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pcj said:

Well Billie said he expects the album to be released in 2023 so I wouldn't get my hopes very high,,,,

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

On one hand they did get set back by Hella Mega Europe being put off twice so they might want to go on with their new project, on the other hand, I would imagine they would want a bit of a break after the tour.

Billie said that in the Kerrang interview that came out when the tour was starting

Yes, I suppose he could have been interviewed a good bit earlier, or a few days before!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pcj said:

4 hours ago, jengd said:

Plus, why would you be pissed off about an October release?

• Like 2

Now that today is the last day of the tour, I still think we will get some sort of 1972 announcement any day now. I'm hoping at least for a single before Lollapalooza!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, pcj said:

Why pissed off? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Now that today is the last day of the tour, I still think we will get some sort of 1972 announcement any day now. I'm hoping at least for a single before Lollapalooza!!!

Definitely still months away from an announcement or single. I expect to be teased at least until August or September.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Definitely still months away from an announcement or single. I expect to be teased at least until August or September.

That's exactly what happened with RevRad!!! They announced Bang Bang on August 1st and it  was released on Thursday, August 11th, and the album was released on Friday, October 7th, and by the way, those dates fall on those same weekdays this year!!!!

• Like 2

It's going to sound  like if Nirvana went Glam Metal with a Country twang. 

And the Father of All falsetto is permanent, as is the hand clapping. 

Produced by Rivers Cuomo and Pat Benetar. 

• Haha 1

Maybe this thread should be Album 14 Speculation again seeing as I think we know it's a record at this stage? And still don't really know the relevance of #1972

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Maybe this thread should be Album 14 Speculation again seeing as I think we know it's a record at this stage? And still don't really know the relevance of #1972

Well, now that the tour ended yesterday, let's just wait for them to start posting teasers again. I suppose it's possible they changed the title. Dookie was originally supposed to be Liquid Dookie, which was dropped for obvious reasons. But why would they just go ahead and tell us it's called 1972 if it wasn't finalized yet?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well, now that the tour ended yesterday, let's just wait for them to start posting teasers again. I suppose it's possible they changed the title. Dookie was originally supposed to be Liquid Dookie, which was dropped for obvious reasons. But why would they just go ahead and tell us it's called 1972 if it wasn't finalized yet?

They didn't tell us explicitly that anything was or will be called 1972.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

They didn't tell us explicitly that anything was or will be called 1972.

But I mean the first few teasers had it in big bold numbers, and written on a white board too!!!

Just look at the first teaser

RAK STUDIOS

LONDON, ENGLAND

GREEN DAY

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But I mean the first few teasers had it in big bold numbers, and written on a white board too!!!

RAK STUDIOS

LONDON, ENGLAND

GREEN DAY

I mean yeah, those words are definitely all there. But any words to the effect of "THE NEW ALBUM" are conspicuously absent.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

RAK STUDIOS

LONDON, ENGLAND

GREEN DAY

I'm 100% positive that the project was at one point in time called 1972. I wouldn't be too surprised if over the course of making the project the name went through some changes. If I'm not mistaken it's been a little while since we saw a 1972 hashtag. 

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, Q-Man said:

I'm 100% positive that the project was at one point in time called 1972. I wouldn't be too surprised if over the course of making the project the name went through some changes. If I'm not mistaken it's been a little while since we saw a 1972 hashtag. 

To be fair, Mikes instagram bio is still 1972

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jengd said:

Now seen this in a couple of places. It says a fan asked Rob Cavallo about 1972 and he said it just needs mastered!  

I want to believe 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

Now seen this in a couple of places. It says a fan asked Rob Cavallo about 1972 and he said it just needs mastered!  

Where else did you see this?

• Like 2

Ok, I have a question. If this is true and isn't a rumor, may I ask how long the process for mastering takes? I've never really followed a musical artist this closely before, so I'm still learning about all the technical stuff. 

• Like 1

Hmmm....interesting!!! According to this guy, the whole "I'm renouncing my US citizenship and moving to London" thing sounds like a publicity stunt. And they just happened to be recording in London!!!!

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Hmmm....interesting!!! According to this guy, the whole "I'm renouncing my US citizenship and moving to London" thing sounds like a publicity stunt. And they just happened to be recording in London!!!!

Clearly him just working the crowd yes

• Like 4