1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

13 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

tbh I see them bringing back KFAD bc of the anti-trans rhetoric (and also just anti-LGBTQ+ in general) going on in the states right now. It's really bad.

Or the fact that it’s Pride month

• Like 4

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Could this be a 1972 song?

I doubt it, just sounds like he's jamming a little bit. But ya never know

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why is that a bad thing?

They could play like 3 or 4 other deep cuts instead.

7 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

KFAD is the truth… men should wear dresses and thongs… and panty hose

I don't agree with you, but I fucking love the way you always make me smile and laugh even when I don't 😂

5 hours ago, Q-Man said:

I love keeping King For A Day but they should drop Shout afterwards. It wasn't missed in the US Hella Mega. 

I'd be all for this. KFAD in itself is a fantastic little song.. I really just don't need it to be drawn out to almost be as long as JOS... but without every single second of the awesomeness that goes with it.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

They are just jaming a little bit

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

One of those riffs sounded like Thin Lizzy's 'Jailbreak', so probably not.

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

When has that ever stopped him? 😂 If anything that makes it more likely to be a new song 😜

The 21 Guns guitar solo is literally the Full House theme song too!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The 21 Guns guitar solo is literally the Full House theme song too!!!

I've always thought that sounded familiar lol 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://www.jambase.com/show/green-day-ernst-happel-stadion-20220619

They also brought back King For a Day and Shout!!!!

And wow, the tour ends next week!!! Hope we get some 1972 news soon!!!

You know what's strange about King For A Day?

It doesn't even feel like a Nimrod track when they perform it.  It's taken on a separate identity as 'that thing they do in concert' rather than what it technically is, which is a Nimrod deep cut.  

I bet Green Day feel so rebellious when they play this one and St. Jimmy.  😄 

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, That Dude said:

It's taken on a separate identity as 'that thing they do in concert' rather than what it technically is, which is a Nimrod deep cut. 

I almost completely forget that GR is a Nimrod song too.. to me now that's just that thing they do at the end of a show.

It's not even played with the same meaning it was intended to have, and honestly I don't think I'd miss it if they stopped playing it live haha.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Replace Hitchin A Ride and King for a Day. Both take up way too much time and they could play probably 3 or 4 songs from Dookie instead of those. Most of the songs are short so they would fit in the time.

Take out any song that has crowd work that exceeds 30 seconds. I don't need to count 1.2.3.4 for a minute straight. I don't need to say OOOOOOOO for a minute straight. I don't need to hear them singing the same covers during KFAD. 

Crowd work during the first few songs, sure fine okay acceptable. After that, no more. I can only hear "Lets go crazy" so many times before I tear my hair out.

I realize this is off topic for 1972, so I will end it there 😄

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

I would go as far as to say REPLACE JOS with Forever Now. I will forever hate how Billie drags on that last minute of JOS for what feels like an eternity. 

Forever Now is quick and fun and has layers and it just feels a little more relevant.

I think JOS is a super important song and arguably even Green Day's best song ever... but I would love to see FN come back too. 

58 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

Take out any song that has crowd work that exceeds 30 seconds. I don't need to count 1.2.3.4 for a minute straight. I don't need to say OOOOOOOO for a minute straight. I don't need to hear them singing the same covers during KFAD. 

Crowd work during the first few songs, sure fine okay acceptable. After that, no more. I can only hear "Lets go crazy" so many times before I tear my hair out.

Shhhhhh nobody knows yet 😆

6 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Replace Good Riddance with Brutal Love like they did on the trilogy tour!

(At least that was the case for Chicago)

Remember when the crowd saw half of my ass and Billie thought I was a girl during Longview? Cringefest 2013

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

i think the crowd work in Hitchin a Ride is very important. Especially during the older songs, a part of the audience (which doesn‘t know many old songs) somehow fades away a bit. And I think that it‘s important to keep them entertained as well.

• Like 3

We’re getting off topic, but I have to agree with @Zebahar re drawing out the end of JOS, spoils it for me, loses all the impact. And stop doing covers.

• Like 2

I'd be fine with dropping JOS and replacing it with Forever Now (or Homecoming, or any other of their long songs). Never been a fan of the drawn out moment.

HAR and KFAD can never leave! No matter how many times I see them, they're my favorite moments. 

Agree with Jen, drop the covers. Plenty of great GD songs they could play instead of Knowledge and R&RAN. And of course, drop KYE.

• Like 3

I'd befine if they drop 60% of that set and play different songs. I even would be cool to see my favorites cut from the set if they bring a fresh show, exploring all the good songs they pretend that never were released

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I'd be fine with dropping JOS and replacing it with Forever Now (or Homecoming, or any other of their long songs). Never been a fan of the drawn out moment.

HAR and KFAD can never leave! No matter how many times I see them, they're my favorite moments. 

Agree with Jen, drop the covers. Plenty of great GD songs they could play instead of Knowledge and R&RAN. And of course, drop KYE.

The question should be, what do they cut once 1972 comes out?

• Like 1