1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

53 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

What if: 1972 is inspired by the likes of Boston and The Who like 21st BD was

That's a great idea, it could be called Oakland and be inspired by that first Boston record.  

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars 

... oh wait gdc is back 

hi 😗

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky are like shootin' stars 

... oh wait gdc is back 

hi 😗

That was fast this time!!! It was only down for 3 days!!!

• Haha 2

36 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

You missed it. It came out while GDC was down and now we’re over it 🙃

Yep, we all collectively expressed all of our thoughts and feelings about the record to their fullest extent out in the real world and now have no reason to ever discuss it on this board.    

1972 to us is like Father of All to Green Day.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 2

On 6/13/2022 at 11:29 AM, GDFan2019 said:

I would love to hear more lead vocals from Mike and Tré as well!!!

I actually always loved hearing the harmonies during slappy/ kerplunk, mike actually has a really decent voice and tre? all by myself and dominated love slave has always been fun live, so definitely!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, xWhatsername_ said:

I actually always loved hearing the harmonies during slappy/ kerplunk, mike actually has a really decent voice and tre? all by myself and dominated love slave has always been fun live, so definitely!

Rock n Roll Girlfriend too

• Like 3

On 6/19/2022 at 8:52 AM, xWhatsername_ said:

It's funny you mentioned harmonies because I was just thinking not only would I like to hear more lead vocals from them, but why aren't they even in harmonies anymore? It always seems to just be Billie harmonizing with Billie.

We need more Mike and Tre vocals everywhere.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Red said:

It's funny you mentioned harmonies because I was just thinking not only would I like to hear more lead vocals from them, but why aren't they even in harmonies anymore? It always seems to just be Billie harmonizing with Billie.

Mike is credited with backing vocals on FOAM

Man it's really interesting to think of what FOAMs legacy is going to be when it's all said and done. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Red said:

Billie is singing 99% of the harmonies since American Idiot, but for me it‘s fine, they sound really good

• Like 4

5 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you know which song?

44 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Billie is singing 99% of the harmonies since American Idiot, but for me it‘s fine, they sound really good

I know, and I agree works for most of them.. but I still find it very strange that they don't all really harmonize on albums anymore, like at all.

3 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Man it's really interesting to think of what FOAMs legacy is going to be when it's all said and done. 

What's FOAM? Never heard of it.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

He's been credited for backing vocals on every album but I haven't noticed a single song since 2012 other than Sex Drugs & Violence where he's had any vocals

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, steve46 said:

The concert in Vienna, Austria was amazing! I was there. Waiting was played for the first time within this tour!

Happy for you! It’s great you had a good time! they played waiting the day before too though:P

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

They also brought back King For a Day and Shout!!!!

Oh no...

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Why is that a bad thing?

Not me but a lot of fans are sick of it

• Love 1

tbh I see them bringing back KFAD bc of the anti-trans rhetoric (and also just anti-LGBTQ+ in general) going on in the states right now. It's really bad.

• Like 3