GDFan2019

2 hours ago, Major Kusanagi said:

just under 3 weeks until they are back in Scotland again :ga:

Counting every minute!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, localinsomniac said:

Can you tell me how to get

How to get to this empty street?

And don’t forget, Ernie was on the original pressings of Dookie before they got sued

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Red said:

Green Day changes it up: People complain they've changed too much.
Green Day gives us RevRad: People complain they sound too much like Green Day.

While I agree with everything you said, I was talking about their live shows.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Doggins said:

While I agree with everything you said, I was talking about their live shows.

Ah my bad. I can also completely agree with that 😄.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Red said:

Green Day changes it up: People complain they've changed too much.
Green Day gives us RevRad: People complain they sound too much like Green Day.

I personally hope the new album is an evolution of their sound, but I am not expecting it to be.

As long as it sounds good from a production standpoint, has some rockin' tunes, badass guitar and doesn't have BJ trying to imitate Prince in cringy midlife crisis songs about partying and pretending to be a teenager, then I think I am going to be absolutely fine with whatever they put out.

I've given up on them trying to take on the world now. I am grateful to have my 3 favourite albums of all time from them and even if I don't ever get anything else like those 3 albums, all I want is for them to want to do what they do and continue to do it well.

Green Day have a huge fanbase. No matter what they do, there are always going to be people who have issues with what they're doing. There are fans who want a return to 90's Green Day, there are fans who want another AI or 21CB, there are fans who want them to make another album like RevRad, there are fans who are perfectly fine with them doing what they're doing now and there are fans who want them to change things up more. It's not hypocrisy that people are complaining about too much change or too little change. These are usually two separate groups making these complaints

I think the RevRad complaint about it being too safe and similar to their previous albums is a valid one even if I do like that album. But my issue with FOAMF isn't that they've changed too much, it's that the quality of the songs is just not at the standard I want. The more experimental or different tracks like Oh Yeah are not tracks that I care for but even some of the more Green Day sounding songs, & even some of the better ones just don't compare to what they've done before imo. I don't want to be too negative about the album because ik it's gotten its fair share of unfounded criticism but it's the album I listen to the least now despite it being their most recent, and I don't listen to their pre-Dookie stuff that often.

I'm not against another Foxboro-esque album if it's at the quality of Stop Drop & Roll, that's a great album that nobody listens to anymore. I'm hoping this new album is going to be a return to form, no matter what it sounds like but the teasers we've got have me intrigued

• Like 3

Somebody posted an album cover that says 1972 on the GD reddit sub. It kinda looks legit I wonder if it is🤔

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, The_real_st_jimmy said:

Somebody posted an album cover that says 1972 on the GD reddit sub. It kinda looks legit I wonder if it is🤔

it's tagged as fan art, so it's fake. But it's also really cool, especially the design on the vinyl. And Green Day probably will be doing a lot of color exclusives for the vinyl since the album is supposed to be celebratory. This fan art one's got me thinking how neat it would be if they did exclusives where each cover is an image of one of the 3 guys as babies. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, grinsoniko said:

can you guys post it here or share a link?

• Love 4

6 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Kid looks like an amalgamation of Billie, Mike and Tre as tots.

Wish this was real, but I think we're getting a Dookie-like album cover and guitars, with Idiot style vocals. 

20 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

it's tagged as fan art, so it's fake. But it's also really cool, especially the design on the vinyl. And Green Day probably will be doing a lot of color exclusives for the vinyl since the album is supposed to be celebratory. This fan art one's got me thinking how neat it would be if they did exclusives where each cover is an image of one of the 3 guys as babies. 

Or for all we know, maybe it’s another trilogy?!?!? A trilogy done right!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, That Dude said:

Kid looks like an amalgamation of Billie, Mike and Tre as tots.

Wish this was real, but I think we're getting a Dookie-like album cover and guitars, with Idiot style vocals. 

You mean a FOAMF-like album cover which uses the Dookie album cover instead of American Idiot?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

You mean a FOAMF-like album cover which uses the Dookie album cover instead of American Idiot?

We already have Woodstock 94 with this cover, they would need to choose another one

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Alf said:

We already have Woodstock 94 with this cover, they would need to choose another one

How about 21st Century Motherfuckers?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Pukey has been fired, so not exactly like FOAM.   Just a cover that is reminiscent  of the Dookie cover.   

Mabye the band will even use the Dookie guitar pedal while Billie does some vocals training to get the best delivery he can get.   

And all three guys doing backing vocals.    

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

Pukey has been fired, so not exactly like FOAM.   Just a cover that is reminiscent  of the Dookie cover.   

Mabye the band will even use the Dookie guitar pedal while Billie does some vocals training to get the best delivery he can get.   

And all three guys doing backing vocals.    

I would love to hear more lead vocals from Mike and Tré as well!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

I would love to hear more lead vocals from Mike and Tré as well!!!

Yes.  I don't know how many times I've said that on here, but needs to be said directly to Green Day.  

I've always wanted a serious Tre song.   A hard rock instrumentation with really emotionally troubled lyrics.    

And Mike?   He's like Van Gough from The Network, but smooth instead of deformed.    

• Haha 1

What if: 1972 is inspired by the likes of Boston and The Who like 21st BD was

• Like 1