1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

55 minutes ago, nopride84 said:

One of the brain stew singles sort of has that font

Or it could simply be some other pick company and he just bought it because of the GD initials

• Like 1

@Gdfan2019 has me fully believing the album cover is just going to be the UNO cover.     It's burned into my brain now, I can't think of any other design.   :)

Here's to hoping they duplicate everything else from the Trilogy, and Billie doesn't freak out.    

If it weren't for iHeart, the Trilogy Craze would have swept the world and instead of RevRad and FOAM, we would have gotten Cinco and Seis and right now we'd be waiting on Seite or 19Seite2.  

Somewhere out there in the universe, I hope that is happening.  

• Like 3

16 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or it could simply be some other pick company and he just bought it because of the GD initials

Lmao its funny how youre up in this thread 24/7 with all your theories and mad over obsessive  posts but on this nope its just a random thing that he bought cuz it had a g and a d on it lmao 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, cav9mm said:

I guess our most realistic way of getting some practical info in the coming weeks is if some fans run into the guys socially in the coming weeks in the various European cities, and if the guys end up dropping some nuggets of info into the conversation…  

I’ve never met the guys but i kinda think i’d feel weird about asking them about the new album if i happened to meet them at a bar or something. 
i’d like to think i’d be all cool and just leave them alone but i’d have no doubts i’d regret it hugely if i didn’t approach them at the same time……. Alas. 

They have no shows between tomorrow and the 7th in Copenhagen. Hope they come here in advance for the weekend so I can spend the next four days stalking them around the city 😝

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

They have no shows between tomorrow and the 7th in Copenhagen. Hope they come here in advance for the weekend so I can spend the next four days stalking them around the city 😝

Good luck man, 

Green Day should make a song called Top Gun.

Just screaming the title 3x in a row and then some bs verses that mean nothing.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Green Day should make a song called Top Gun.

Just screaming the title 3x in a row and then some bs verses that mean nothing.

And it can be another screamo song like Take Back!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Zebahar said:

Thats the Here Comes the Shock route

They could go the Let Yourself Go route and shout the title 12x

And if you are feeling a little lenient, then could go the 99 Revs route and sing the title 4x (if you exclude the "tonight" part). Bonus points if you do the last chorus instead, which is 8x.

No leniency, but I can try to scrawl some verses really quick.

I got a bad bolt like some screws loose / dive bomb baby / burn the Hamptons to you

Billie, Billie, Billie / medicate the night / moon kissing fools on a fireside

Terror indicated / flayed the vision / equal inequality flying for your dead life / woo-hoo oh yeah! 

Okay, that felt good.   Is 1972 out yet?   Please Green Day, I'm desperate.   This morning I listened to Post Malone.

Post Malone!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

I want another song where he spells something out like G L O R I A cuz that's fun

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I want another song where he spells something out like G L O R I A cuz that's fun

That part gives me goosebumps every time

• Like 2

Yes, I'd say so...this is Rev Rad era, no?  Beautiful pic and eyeliner on point!

• Like 2

I still think we'll get some news by the beginning of next month when they get back from the tour.

2 hours ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

I’d hardly call it an era lol they played Father of All and Oh Yeah like a handful of times and Fire Ready Aim once or twice and Billie did the acoustic performance of Graffitia and then the album never existed again. Hella Mega is a greatest hits tour for them and FOAM never really got a tour.

Personally I’m sick of hearing the same songs every time I see them and I’m really hoping we can go to the 21CB era style where there was a different set each night. But it’s a pipe dream and even though I love them I really don’t think they know what they’re doing anymore.

100% in agreement with you. 

Some of the shows on this tour seem to be just pure headline sets so the fact that they play NGFL the other night in Copenhagen is something I guess 🤪

God I remember when I saw them in Milan in 2017 they played Scattered and Christie Road! 😍 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

I don’t know. It seems to me that they’ve decided to go the way of legacy milking that allows them to play large events and they need their hit setlist for that. I don’t expect much of a change when they play festivals and the other events they are currently booked for.

What happens next tour probably depends on if they deem their new music worth playing live. Maybe they will, maybe not.

And if Billie can remember the lyrics. He seems to have more trouble with songs written since 2018 that involve less long term/muscle memory.

• Like 4

I don't know If makes sense, but I think this Greatest Hits tour/Hella Mega can be the way they found to reach more people and grab more fans for shows in the future

If I remember well, they was struggling to sell tickets in big venues in the recent past.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And if Billie can remember the lyrics. He seems to have more trouble with songs written since 2018 that involve less long term/muscle memory.

He could bite the bullet and get a teleprompter. I can see why he’d be reluctant to do that, but if it meant they could play more recent songs/have more varied setlists, it would be worth it and probably also easier to do for him.

• Like 3