1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I guess Billie never got my letter that all I wanted for my bday was anew Green Day song ☹️

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

There is still a (very slim) chance that we get a single this week if they do want to switch out Pollyanna for these shows. But I'm not counting on that being the case.

We’d probably know about it by now. And for a single off the new album, they’d probably announce it weeks in advance. It’s not going to be just some one-off single they’re randomly putting out

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

We’d probably know about it by now. And for a single off the new album, they’d probably announce it weeks in advance. It’s not going to be just some one-off single they’re randomly putting out

Announcing singles weeks in advance doesn't really seem to be a thing anymore. We know nothing of the sort. Again, I don't think we're getting a single soon BUT I also would not put stock into 'how things have been done in the past' because again, we're in uncharted territory for Green Day.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Switch out a song on the set list? I enjoy posting crazy theories on GDA, but this is absolute infinite lunacy.   Green Day changing their set list.....I'd sooner believe pigs flying. 😄 

But it would be nice. 

Okay fair but after the surprise Superbowl set we can’t complain too much. They like to spring it on us when we don’t expect it.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Okay fair but after the surprise Superbowl set we can’t complain too much. They like to spring it on us when we don’t expect it.

I’d like to see if someone can catch a soundcheck like those lucky fans in 2010 that recorded Stay the Night and Dreamcatcher!!!! Maybe we’ll get to hear some 1972 songs!!!

• Like 2

21 hours ago, The Grohl said:

I guess Billie never got my letter that all I wanted for my bday was anew Green Day song ☹️

This instantly made me imagine a scenario just like Stan and Eminem...

But all HE wanted was a lousy letter or a call.    :)

Also, when I first saw this I didn't see the "never" part and about lost my mind.  Haha

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

This instantly made me imagine a scenario just like Stan and Eminem...

But all HE wanted was a lousy letter or a call.    :)

Also, when I first saw this I didn't see the "never" part and about lost my mind.  Haha

Well unlike Stan I won't rip Billie's pictures off the wall

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Well unlike Stan I won't rip Billie's pictures off the wall

What if 1972 is not released until 2035 and it's a pop country rap album that promotes serial killing all horses?

And worst of all, has bad album art?

• Haha 2

Now that they're on tour, we probably won't get another 1972 teaser for at least a month, unless of course they have prerecorded videos ready to be posted.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, That Dude said:

What if 1972 is not released until 2035 and it's a pop country rap album that promotes serial killing all horses?

The bad art would be the final straw obviously! 🤣🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Speaking of bad art, Kevin just posted a story with four guitar pics. The top three are all familiar fonts, the fourth one looks new to me. New font/logo for the new era?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

14 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Speaking of bad art, Kevin just posted a story with four guitar pics. The top three are all familiar fonts, the fourth one looks new to me. New font/logo for the new era?

I think it’s some of the fonts used for Insomniac. Could be wrong though

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Still better than the Green Day x Angry Birds crossover 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

42 minutes ago, grinsoniko said:

Ah, that's possible

• Like 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

2 hours ago, grinsoniko said:

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Ah, that's possible

I honestly think it's new, because I Googled Green Day guitar picks and I see no sign of it

https://www.google.com/search?q=green+day+guitar+picks&tbm=isch&ved=2ahUKEwihzY-31oz4AhXUsHIEHdtjAZEQ2-cCegQIABAA&oq=green+day+guitar+picks&gs_lcp=CgNpbWcQAzIECCMQJ1CYBliYBmC3CmgAcAB4AIABNogBZZIBATKYAQCgAQGqAQtnd3Mtd2l6LWltZ8ABAQ&sclient=img&ei=DpSXYqGOBdThytMP28eFiAk&bih=746&biw=1519&hl=en

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Is there a chance it’s a new pick but for Insomniac? 

Idk, none of the Insomniac singles have that font either

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

We should all come up with a short and awesome line to say to the guys if we happen to bump into them.   I can see Billie Joe running away in horror as I rattle off my latest fake track or set list, so I have some work to do. 

Haha

You should challenge him to write a song about bratwurst 😄

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

I’ve never met the guys but i kinda think i’d feel weird about asking them about the new album if i happened to meet them at a bar or something. 

idk. If it was me I would ask him about 1972 for sure. The worst thing that could happen is Billie not sharing. 
I would ask for a pic first, THEN I would bring the 1972 subject lol

• Like 3