1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

9 minutes ago, Big Neil said:

Any news or updates recently? This thread got a bit long with opinions without facts.

A new Kerrang interview quotes Billie saying the album will be out in 2023

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I don't think I ever thought it was going to be coming out this year, so I'm not shocked. Just something to look forward to next year, I guess.

• Like 2

I was just looking at the teasers on TikTok and I noticed the last time they used the #1972 hashtag was on May 6th

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Flashback said:

Please calm down everybody, Billie said that the album is„probably going to come out“ in 2023. So could be 2024 oder 2025 as well (or late 2022) 😄

Green Day want to do more frequent albums, right?  Maybe that has changed or they feel like they are onto something great, but 2025 would be the longest wait between albums ever.  With the majestic FOAM being born in 2020, I'd say a late 2023 release would be the typical gap between albums.   

And just to make us all feel old, Idiot turns 20 in 24.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But what about the first teaser?

RAK STUDIOS

LONDON, ENGLAND

GREEN DAY

And in other teasers, it's written on a white board, a random motel sign, written on a piece of tape,

That's my point though. Because they haven't said an album title as early in the album making process as 1972, it might not even be the title of the album

• Like 2

But you can use the touring which will start very soon to promote a new song, album, idea whatever. So I still think we will get something in autumn this year.

17 minutes ago, steve46 said:

But you can use the touring which will start very soon to promote a new song, album, idea whatever. So I still think we will get something in autumn this year.

You can, but only if it’s ready.

• Like 2

I doubt they’re worried about Grammy consideration but I’m wondering how the timing is for that if this album comes out in early 2023 versus late 2022

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I doubt they’re worried about Grammy consideration but I’m wondering how the timing is for that if this album comes out in early 2023 versus late 2022

I thiiiink I heard that September is a cutoff point

I think Green Day should release in October no matter when they finish an album.  

October 17th from now on.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Someone should try to catch a soundcheck for any new songs. Remember when we heard Stay the Night for the first time in 2010, 2 years before they recorded it?

They also played Geek Stink Breath at a soundcheck before it was recorded for Insomniac. This video was also featured on Green Day Rock Band

Yeah like they did with „fuck time“. They started to play it in 2009 as Foxboro and in 2010 as Green Day

• Like 3

So Billie posted in his Instagram story that they flew to Berlin today for the tour this week. Anybody think they'll drop any 1972 news to hold us over while they're away on tour?

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So Billie posted in his Instagram story that they flew to Berlin today for the tour this week. Anybody think they'll drop any 1972 news to hold us over while they're away on tour?

I think you’re the hint. 2019, 1972, both years. Hmmm

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I doubt they'll announce anything while on tour. It's possible, but I have a feeling they won't 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

I doubt they'll announce anything while on tour. It's possible, but I have a feeling they won't 

The last show is on July 2nd so I’m hoping we get some news after July 4th that week!!! Then they got Lollapalooza at the end of July.

• Like 1

Ehh, getting the feeling now that Fall will be the earliest we get an announcement/single.

• Like 4

8 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If it's true that the album releases in 2023, I'm not expecting any announcement or major news for months

• Like 3

Maybe we've overestimated the 50th birthday thing.

They can release It in 2030 but celebrating their origins calling 1972 with no problem.

• Like 1