1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, legendary said:

Sounds like trilogy to me

Little but heavier I'd say. Like trilogy mixed with revrad....to early to really tell i guess

• Like 2

Aaaaaah, that video with Tré!!! I like what I hear! :D Or better "I LOVE IT"      

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Little but heavier I'd say. Like trilogy mixed with revrad....to early to really tell i guess

This

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Hopefully this is not a video of the mixing process. I‘m still hoping for CLA :(

It’s not - they make rough mixes after they record but GD you can tell it’s just in the tracking process by looking at the computer screen

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

The riff itself is very Uno but the actual guitar tone sounds waaaay thicker than on Uno, somewhere in an Otis Mix or Rev Rad range. But it’s good, me likey.

Now I just want a single!

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Likely not the final mixing process. They make rough mixes during tracking (recording) to get a sense of how things are sounding and they'll hand those off to the mixer for reference, along with the ProTools sessions.

Could this be why they seem to be bouncing back and forth between Universal/Ocean Way (tracking) and Henson Studios (mixing), or are they just sharing these clips all out of order and delayed?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Could this be why they seem to be bouncing back and forth between Universal/Ocean Way (tracking) and Henson Studios (mixing), or are they just sharing these clips all out of order and delayed?

Knowing this lot they are just messing with us 😂😂.  Does it not look like Billie is back in London? Could be for any reason though.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Good question! Not exactly sure what roles all of the various studios we've seen play in this process, nor when they were actually at those locations. It's hard to tell when the events in this clips happened. They've proved they're not sticking to any particular order since the clips have bounced back and forth between the LA area and London.

The one thing I do know is they were at Hensen as of late last week based on the sighting there by my daughter, so could be in the mixing phase or using both studios as part of the process.  Universal is the hardest one to pin down by time frame but I'm guessing it was all this month, but could have been between the London trips too.  They were definitely in London over October and March/April.

45 minutes ago, jengd said:

Knowing this lot they are just messing with us 😂😂.  Does it not look like Billie is back in London? Could be for any reason though.

Yes, he has been back in London since last weekend for family reasons.  

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Death in the family?

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I’m not gonna lie it weirds me out that you know that.

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t care

So you don’t feel remotely creepy for broadcasting someone’s comings and goings on a forum? Well good for you cause I could never 😂

16 hours ago, Alf said:

Trilogy = 90s Green Day, so that's totally fine

Trilogy > 90s Green Day, so that's AWESOME! 

• Like 1

Well, I love the Trilogy and I love RevRad so this has certainly got a lot going for it. I'm just so happy they're working with Rob again! :runaround:

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well pack all your predictions in, Billie says in the new Kerrang interview that the new album probably won’t be out until 2023 😭😭😭 

Can you please post some scans of the article? For an album they're teasing so much right now, why would they wait to put it out next year? Especially since the first teaser came at the end of 2021!!!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well pack all your predictions in, Billie says in the new Kerrang interview that the new album probably won’t be out until 2023 😭😭😭 

Well that was expected. I’m not even upset about it