1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He didn’t have lyrics for RHS until Butch made him write them because he wanted to include the song.

Wow that‘s an interesting fact. I thought RHS was part of a fully thought-out concept because of the strong connection between ¿Viva La Gloria? and RHS 😄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

He didn’t have lyrics for RHS until Butch made him write them because he wanted to include the song.

I thought that was for Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

I thought that was for Horseshoes and Handgrenades.

That one was actually written during warning - c&v ish timeframe and Billie didn’t know about it, but Butch made him record it

45 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

That one was actually written during warning - c&v ish timeframe and Billie didn’t know about it, but Butch made him record it

How is it known that Horseshoes and Handgrenades wasn’t written during the 21CBD timeframe and was an old song from the C and V vault? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RongoIK said:

There's also an image of an American Idiot B-Sides reference cd from John Roecker that was dated in 2004. Unless they only took the name... who knows

juma60nxqxk21.jpg

The track time runs longer on 21CBD but who’s to say it’s the same song, a new song or they idea of it is there but it’s redone. Interesting. Thanks for sharing this. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RongoIK said:

There's also an image of an American Idiot B-Sides reference cd from John Roecker that was dated in 2004. Unless they only took the name... who knows

juma60nxqxk21.jpg

Unsure of the source but definitely knew about that song being from the C&V era before John posted that CD

• Like 1

Could have sworn I read somewhere that Stop Drop and Roll was written in one drunken night.

• Like 4

Yeah, it's unrealistic to see a song process from start to finish. It would just be neat. The most interesting part to me would be the actual recording of all the separate parts of it.

17 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Maybe... I don't think I know enough of them to really be able to judge what they're like personally. If I were to guess, I'd say they're way less in tune with the zeitgeist than they used to be, but that might only make for an even more interesting documentary :P

To be fair, I feel like I'm a little out of touch too and I'm only 30. My friends peer pressured me into getting SnapChat today so we can plan one of their bdays this Saturday (two of them are out of the country and it works internationally without being charged) and I was just like "I hate this app! Make it go away!" :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 5/25/2022 at 3:52 AM, DookieLukie said:

Could have sworn I read somewhere that Stop Drop and Roll was written in one drunken night.

I thought it was just recorded like that, not necessarily all written on that night.

• Like 2

I remember Billie saying they started playing around with the Horseshoes and Handgrenades riff shortly after the AI tour, so who knows what the actual timeline of that song looks like. 

• Like 3

Have a lot of TikToks been deleted? I don’t have the app but I’ve been looking at the web page and all the recent ones are gone. The last one posted is Mike drinking the green juice. 

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Have a lot of TikToks been deleted? I don’t have the app but I’ve been looking at the web page and all the recent ones are gone. The last one posted is Mike drinking the green juice. 

Still there for me
giphy.gif

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Still there for me
giphy.gif

Just looked again and they’re back so just a glitch. Carry on

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Posted about that in the Instagram thread. It refers to a t-shirt design that’s all.

So I think they’re done now with this record. Billie went to London and now the tour starts in a week and the TikToks have stopped.  My guess is they’ll announce this album when the tour ends in July

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Posted about that in the Instagram thread. It refers to a t-shirt design that’s all.

So I think they’re done now with this record. Billie went to London and now the tour starts in a week and the TikToks have stopped.  My guess is they’ll announce this album when the tour ends in July

The tour ends on July 2nd, so my guess is that they’ll make an announcement the following week. July 4th is on that Monday so I don’t think they’ll make an announcement then, but crazier things have happened. I say anytime between the 5th through the 8th. And I say we’ll get a single anytime between the 18th and the 27th, just in time for Lollapalooza on the 28th!!!

Warnrodigan Idiot.  The best four albums squished together.  

Yes, their bsides are better than Dookie.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

They're cocky enough to announce it on America's birthday with the title '1776'. Cover bears a resemblance to this:rolling-stone-vintage-magazine-may-28-20

• Like 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Warnrodigan Idiot.  The best four albums squished together.  

Yes, their bsides are better than Dookie.

Which four are those?