1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

3 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

This is for his in ear monitors they use at practice

Didn’t know wether or not it was that - I considered it too. Im sure there’s some timeline matching we can do for what they were doing during his birthday. What made me say mic and not monitors was I’m not sure if they wear monitors during band rehearsal in the studio. Sure a closer look at the teasers or even looking at HLAHG or Cuatro could give that context  

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

They do for these big show rehearsals with the full band. They didn’t start wearing in ears until after the AI tours I believe

You’re right - suppose that makes sense with them getting prepped for Europe hella mega too. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That was the day they were doing the soundcheck for the Superbowl show so that's why they had their IEMs on.  Kevin has his on too.

But Billie’s birthday is on the 17th. The Super Bowl show was on the 12th

• Like 1

When does Hella Mega start, next week? Hopefully we'll get a new song or some sort of announcement by then. Even just a little one. Anything at this point 

6 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

When does Hella Mega start, next week? Hopefully we'll get a new song or some sort of announcement by then. Even just a little one. Anything at this point 

Yup, June 1st, it ends on July 2nd and then they have Lollapalooza on July 28th to the 31st. So, I say, if anything, maybe we’ll get at least an announcement before next Wednesday for a single in July. If a single this big were coming out next week, we’d probably know about it by now. And I say big because Pollyanna, Here Comes the Shock, and Holy Toledo were probably just throwaway songs from FOAM

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Yup, June 1st, it ends on July 2nd and then they have Lollapalooza on July 28th to the 31st. So, I say, if anything, maybe we’ll get at least an announcement before next Wednesday for a single in July. If a single this big were coming out next week, we’d probably know about it by now. And I say big because Pollyanna, Here Comes the Shock, and Holy Toledo were probably just throwaway songs from FOAM

They recorded Pollyanna after FOAM and is about the pandemic/life after lockdown.

i doubt they will release/announce a new song during the tour . Maybe after the whole Hella Mega tour with a release date and an upcoming tour short after album release like they did with RevRad.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I mean, I don't really think the actual members do for the most part. It's the management and record label PR that's out of touch.

I would love to follow the life of a song from start to finish in the studio. I want to know what the writing of it's like, how it evolves, and how all the individual vocal and instrument parts are recorded and put together. Mostly I just want to be a fly on the wall for Billie recording his vocals. That's just so interesting to me idk why. I wonder how many takes he typically does, or if he does it in one go, does different parts at different times etc. All of this is the documentary I wish we could get.

You’re never going to see the songwriting process in the studio because during ¡CUATRO!, Billie was talking about the Nimrod sessions and says, “After that, I said I would never bring an unfinished song into the studio ever again.”

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Slave To The Network said:

I mean, I don't really think the actual members do for the most part. It's the management and record label PR that's out of touch.

Maybe... I don't think I know enough of them to really be able to judge what they're like personally. If I were to guess, I'd say they're way less in tune with the zeitgeist than they used to be, but that might only make for an even more interesting documentary :P

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

You’re never going to see the songwriting process in the studio because during ¡CUATRO!, Billie was talking about the Nimrod sessions and says, “After that, I said I would never bring an unfinished song into the studio ever again.”

The process has changed drastically though just with the accessibility of tools in the past 11 years, it’s pretty rare these days for a band to go into a studio with songs fully written just to be tracked and done. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Jon Benjamin said:

The process has changed drastically though just with the accessibility of tools in the past 11 years, it’s pretty rare these days for a band to go into a studio with songs fully written just to be tracked and done. 

I disagree with this - writing in the studio is a hugely expensive idea, and GD isn’t working with a label budget like they used to

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I disagree with this - writing in the studio is a hugely expensive idea, and GD isn’t working with a label budget like they used to

Billie could have done stuff at his home studio with no time limit. 

• Like 2

How about  The Simpsons Theme Song With Lyrics!  

I think that would be fabulous hit single! 

Green Day are being all nostalgic this time around, so it is logical that they could call back to some older stuff.   Knowing them, any and callbacks will be to Idiot or Dookie, because those are the only albums they remember in 2022, haha!    The singles are untouchable from both, impossible to top.   So perhaps sequels to the deep cuts, and make them into smash hits.  Let's see:

I'm Still Burning Out! (Burn Out 2)

The Waiting Unknown (Are We the Waiting 2)

and the hilarious 16 Rock N Roll Girlfriends.   (Homecoming 2)

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Didn‘t Billie just say that he doesn‘t want to go to the studio without lyrics? I think it‘s pretty normal to change certain melodies or add some extra instruments during the recording process

Yeah he just said there were a ton of lyrics for all the songs in that session and it was a nightmare having to write some at the last minute in the studio. He vowed he wouldn’t go into the studio without lyrics again.

But he broke that vow at least once, because he was working on the 21CB songs right up until the last minute. He didn’t have lyrics for RHS until Butch made him write them because he wanted to include the song.

• Like 3