1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

hmm interesting point, but I thought this LP was going to be released independently? I’d admittedly have to get used to buying albums released by Green Day themselves rather than Warner. Bit of a change :lol:

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Interesting little thread I found on twitter. tl;dr, Halsey's record company and apparently many others don't let artists release anything unless they market it + it gets viral on tiktok. Could explain why Green Day is just making tiktoks these days and not crossposting to IG or twitter. 

I thought one condition for signing at Reprise was to do whatever they want 🤷‍♂️

I mean Warner wanted them to do another AI and well, we know what they thought about the idea (cover of FOAM for example)

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

hmm interesting point, but I thought this LP was going to be released independently? I’ll admittedly have to get used to buying albums released by Green Day themselves rather than Warner. Bit of a change :lol:

They’re still on Warner, but it’s probably a deal that’s structured differently

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Interesting little thread I found on twitter. tl;dr, Halsey's record company and apparently many others don't let artists release anything unless they market it + it gets viral on tiktok. Could explain why Green Day is just making tiktoks these days and not crossposting to IG or twitter. 

8 minutes ago, MillenniumFan said:

hmm interesting point, but I thought this LP was going to be released independently? I’ll admittedly have to get used to buying albums released by Green Day themselves rather than Warner. Bit of a change :lol:

I’m guessing it’s their preference. Because they started posting the teasers on Instagram and TikTok simultaneously. But now they seem to have their full focus on TikTok

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And the Green Day logo could look something like this, unless of course they stick with the simple typeface seen in the 1st teaser

https://www.fontspace.com/bailamore-fpu-font-f63286

That is perfect for the mood of what we've already heard! 

I'm thinking black text over a green circle, OR maybe have this over an updated version of the Nimrod cover.   

Song titles like "Nuclear Disaster", "Blast From the Past"   and "Hey You In 1972!", which will be a really sweet song for Billie's parents.   The image looks very 70s too, or at least I think so.   

Good vibes all around.  

36 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

bailamore-fpu-regular.png

kingthings-lickorishe.png

That third one has an Insomniac* feel to it. I'm a fan.

*not the music don't @ me 😋

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

That third one has an Insomniac* feel to it. I'm a fan.

*not the music don't @ me 😋

What made you think of Insomniac? That album had a simple Times New Roman kind of typeface

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The top one is what they'll go with, I'm sure of it.   

And I'm changing my sonic predictions from a Rev-Rad / Trilogy sound to more of an Uno / Insomniac vibe.    

A smarter, angrier Trilogy vibe if you will.   

I've been playing Armatage Shanks, 21st Century Breakdown and Fell For You on guitar tonight and that can't be completely random, can it?   It's gotta have something to do with what the boys are doing.   

Will we get a sequel to Armatage Shanks called Kohler or American Standard?   I guess it depends on where Billie is peeing these days.   

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What made you think of Insomniac? That album had a simple Times New Roman kind of typeface

I really don't know. In my head it looked like this for some reason but now that I'm seeing it...

13939391.webp?size=720x720

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, That Dude said:

The top one is what they'll go with, I'm sure of it.   

And I'm changing my sonic predictions from a Rev-Rad / Trilogy sound to more of an Uno / Insomniac vibe.    

A smarter, angrier Trilogy vibe if you will.   

I've been playing Armatage Shanks, 21st Century Breakdown and Fell For You on guitar tonight and that can't be completely random, can it?   It's gotta have something to do with what the boys are doing.   

Will we get a sequel to Armatage Shanks called Kohler or American Standard?   I guess it depends on where Billie is peeing these days.   

Given all the time they’re spending in the studio, maybe this will be a trilogy done right!!!!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dreamykatie said:

I would agree with you if Green Day were actually giving us samples of the new songs. But from what we have seen, they are just using audio from their popular songs. 
Also, let’s be real, at this point in their careers, GD will probably never go viral on something like TikTok. They are boomers, and last I checked, a good chunk of TikTok users roast boomers DAILY

• Like 3

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Actually is Courier New the font you meant.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

I would agree with you if Green Day were actually giving us samples of the new songs. But from what we have seen, they are just using audio from their popular songs. 
Also, let’s be real, at this point in their careers, GD will probably never go viral on something like TikTok. They are boomers, and last I checked, a good chunk of TikTok users roast boomers DAILY

But we already got samples of new songs in some of the teasers. Or we haven't heard any vocals yet if that's what you mean.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

But we already got samples of new songs in some of the teasers. Or we haven't heard any vocals yet if that's what you mean.

The samples are so small though that they could never go viral. I’m just saying if they actually had a “go viral” clause, they have given us very little to work with

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Zebahar said:

The samples are so small though that they could never go viral. I’m just saying if they actually had a “go viral” clause, they have given us very little to work with

To be fair, they're giving us a lot more to work with than they did in the lead up to FOAM. All we had to work with that summer was Butch Walker's studio video. And the guys themselves didn't start teasing until about a month before the announcement, but all they gave us were studio photos.

• Like 2

One day without Tik Toks, I feel the withdrawal, go Greg, post post post!      

• Like 2