1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

10 minutes ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I honestly feel like their heart wasn't in FOAM just for the reason being they made this new album and didn't play a single song from it during Hella Mega. 1972 seems to be a much bigger deal to the guys with the constant snippets of behind the scenes of putting this album together. I'd be lying if I said my expectations aren't sky high for this new record. 

I've had sort of a change in thought when it comes to them and FOAM. I think they did care about the album, I think their heart was in it. They just didn't do a good job. They sort of embraced these new personas, but I think it was because they were having FUN. 

As for why they don't perform the songs live, I do remember Billie struggling vocally through some of the FOAM songs when they performed them live. I remember cringing when they played Oh Yeah live because it always sounded like he was struggling in some way. With their age and playing concerts every other day, I imagine he cut those difficult songs. Same reason why I think they cut Still Breathing later on in the tour.

And lastly, I don't think their newer songs will ever get the same play time as their older classics. We talk about FOAM not getting any songs played, but I think the last few shows didn't even have songs played from Rev Rad.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1972 just SOUNDS green, and as I ponder album art direction, I think we're getting a green-centric design this time.   

There does seem to be at least one slower song, so that's a HUGE positive in my book.    

And now since I've said enough other things to allow me to do so, here's a big ole fake tracklist made up other from other Green Day songs like they did on Rev Rad.   That was awesome and they should definitely do it again, just like this:  

1.       White Trash Mannequin

2.       The President GasMan

3.       Broken Glass

4.       English Math and Science

5.       Urge To Binge and Surge With Gloria % (Sister of Grace)

6.       Looking For Payback

7.       Stated Clear

8.       Social Sect

9.       Shut Your Mouth

10.   Holiest of Holes

11.   BMXecelent, Mr. Burns.

12.   A Sad Song

13.   When You Got No Place to Go

14.   BONUS TRACK:    Big SOB

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I still think we're getting a documentary out of this!!! The production quality of the teasers is just to good to just be something recorded on someone's phone!!!

Another TikTok!!! From Billie’s birthday, which was in February, so why are they sharing this now? Because it’s probably a clip from the documentary!!! 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdtc7N1B/?k=1

If they are making a doc then they A. Gotta lotta faith this album will do well or/and B. They are passionate as hell about it

I'm not super convinced but you might be onto something

• Like 4

It could be a documentary of the album making/ a history of green day kinda documentary ?, 

• Like 2

Kerplunk remastered + 1972 record + 1972 documentary… I can see a story of band celebration here. 

I also wonder if the quite long time they are spending in the studio is because they have been recording both the new album and the Kerplunk tracks. 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Im.a.basket.case said:

I honestly feel like their heart wasn't in FOAM just for the reason being they made this new album and didn't play a single song from it during Hella Mega. 1972 seems to be a much bigger deal to the guys with the constant snippets of behind the scenes of putting this album together. I'd be lying if I said my expectations aren't sky high for this new record. 

Yup, and you can't say they were only playing old stuff, they didn't hesitate to play Pollyanna.

3 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

If there's just one single song on this album that's on the level of Letterbomb then I'll die happy

TikTok Missile.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, rev said:

Yup, and you can't say they were only playing old stuff, they didn't hesitate to play Pollyanna.

Have they played Holy Toledo live yet?

26 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Have they played Holy Toledo live yet?

Nope

1 hour ago, Jon Benjamin said:

Nope

And they never will 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, rev said:

To be fair, with the exception of Pollyanna they only played their greatest hits on the tour and the only reason they played Pollyanna was probably just because of the meaning of the song and how people were relating to it due to the pandemic etc. I mean, would they have played Holy Toledo live if they released that song at that time instead of Pollyanna

• Like 3

14 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I still think we're getting a documentary out of this!!! The production quality of the teasers is just to good to just be something recorded on someone's phone!!!

Another TikTok!!! From Billie’s birthday, which was in February, so why are they sharing this now? Because it’s probably a clip from the documentary!!! 

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTdtc7N1B/?k=1

They’re adorable lol 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, That Dude said:

1972 just SOUNDS green, and as I ponder album art direction, I think we're getting a green-centric design this time.   

There does seem to be at least one slower song, so that's a HUGE positive in my book.    

And now since I've said enough other things to allow me to do so, here's a big ole fake tracklist made up other from other Green Day songs like they did on Rev Rad.   That was awesome and they should definitely do it again, just like this:  

1.       White Trash Mannequin

2.       The President GasMan

3.       Broken Glass

4.       English Math and Science

5.       Urge To Binge and Surge With Gloria % (Sister of Grace)

6.       Looking For Payback

7.       Stated Clear

8.       Social Sect

9.       Shut Your Mouth

10.   Holiest of Holes

11.   BMXecelent, Mr. Burns.

12.   A Sad Song

13.   When You Got No Place to Go

14.   BONUS TRACK:    Big SOB

Your posts make me real life LOL