1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

I think we’ll get an album after hella mega. They’ll talk about it at their shows and hype it up, maybe play a new song or two.

• Like 1

Man, I haven't seen the Uno cover this much since 2012.   😄 

I really hope we get some Trilogy-style lyrics about bmw's, dancing the cooch and jiving mind control.

They just announced a gig in Argentina on September with the same foam logo. I don't think we'll get anything before that date. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Maybe the do it like before American Idiot. I think they played a few shows before the album release just with the track American Idiot as the opening track. My Chemical Romance does the same right now with Foundations of Decay

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Flashback said:

Maybe the do it like before American Idiot. I think they played a few shows before the album release just with the track American Idiot as the opening track. My Chemical Romance does the same right now with Foundations of Decay

Oh man, the Reading performance that year 😍😍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

but @GDFan2019 wasn't a member here in 2012! 😄

Back then I was staring at the standard version, the book version and wondering how such a wonderful album could have been created.....

Now it's just GDFan2019 all day, everyday and that's cool.     We're all obsessed with Green Day on here.   

On 5/19/2022 at 9:47 AM, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I'm hyped for 1972 do not misconstrue me here BUT; most of the clips we've heard sound like foam 2. Just my 2 cents 

You said misconstrue and now Too Much Too Soon is stuck with me, I mean stuck in my head. 

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

but @GDFan2019 wasn't a member here in 2012! 😄

52 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Back then I was staring at the standard version, the book version and wondering how such a wonderful album could have been created.....

Now it's just GDFan2019 all day, everyday and that's cool.     We're all obsessed with Green Day on here.   

You said misconstrue and now Too Much Too Soon is stuck with me, I mean stuck in my head. 

I think I joined during the lead up to RevRad. But I was on a different account linked with my Facebook. When I came back for FOAM and, dare I say MOOTIK, for some reason it didn’t let me log in with Facebook so I made the new account

• Like 4

Love the hype the just need to change or rotate the setlist more and please please play WESTBOUND SIGN….should have been a single btw 

Edited by billy1986
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

It's been for real since December 😔

But seriously, they're posting almost every day now!!!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, dirnt286 said:

New video. Wow sounds kinda heavy. Also kinda sounds like the end of Bastards of Young

Link? Video does not work for me.

• Like 1

Already I know this sounds much better than FOAMF. FOAMF will always be a puzzle to me

This album sounds like it's going to be somewhat different from what they've done before but without feeling out of place in their discography

• Like 2

How much falsetto will be on the album, THAT is the question.   I would be heartbroken if the clapping got scaled back, but high pitched Billie is a MUST.   

And he actually does it throughout the catalogoue, not just on the masterful FOAM.    

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Maybe the delay is to add more falsettos on the record 😂 I can see the interviews something like: "y'know, the album was done but we feel that it needed more hand claps and falsettos, y'know unicorns and staff like that. We feel it boring without those things but now I could say this album is great, not as much as the trilogy or the longshot staff but is great"

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Somehow, Green Day managed to keep me in love with them from 2008, when I first heard Nimrod and everything else. Can they keep it that way with the next album? I am very excited of what's coming next (I suppose this year!), because every album had a theme. This theme feels somewhat different from others, more wholesome and grand, but can they pull it off? I think that they can, and the fact that the production takes some time doesn't hurt either, right? It means they're invested in it. I just believed in Green Day, and everytime it paid off, so, I'm seeing them in Paris on July, then who knows, maybe we will get another gem?

• Like 4