1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Handclaps are typically recorded first and usually take many weeks (or months) to complete. With them recording handclaps (and tambouromes!) now, we'll be lucky to get the record NEXT year.

Tambouromes is the plural of tambourine btw

Really? Recorded first and take that long? You joking around?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Handclaps are typically recorded first and usually take many weeks (or months) to complete. With them recording handclaps (and tambouromes!) now, we'll be lucky to get the record NEXT year.

Tambouromes is the plural of tambourine btw

What are you talking about? 😂 It's not AT ALL the first thing you record. It's usually the last thing.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

I wonder if their plan is to finish recording the album before hella mega starts in a couple weeks. That's my guess 

Hopefully that means we'll get at least an announcement for a single any day now. Maybe they could release it a day before the tour so they can have it ready in the setlist

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Really? Recorded first and take that long? You joking around?

10 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

What are you talking about? 😂 It's not AT ALL the first thing you record. It's usually the last thing.

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Has anyone here ever actually TRIED clapping?   It's a complex thing. 

If there are handclaps on this album, they probably started in 2001 or so. And that takes into consideration that Billie, Mike and Tre all seem to have good clapping hands.  👏 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Has anyone here ever actually TRIED clapping?   It's a complex thing. 

If there are handclaps on this album, they probably started in 2001 or so. And that takes into consideration that Billie, Mike and Tre all seem to have good clapping hands.  👏 

Finally somebody talking sensibly!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Finally somebody talking sensibly!

And all this handclapping has got Youngblood stuck in my head.

Very good!

I really feel like their new sound will have it's own vibe, but with a Trilogy/RevRad kind of groove.

• Like 3

Would you guys be mad if 1972 is just foam b sides? I have a bad feeling that's what we are getting

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Would you guys be mad if 1972 is just foam b sides? I have a bad feeling that's what we are getting

They aren't bsides if they get reused for an album, right?

But that's semantics.  I'm okay with them reworking songs for later releases.  Most of their albums contain something like that.

Now if you mean 1972 is a b-sides collection.....that might be rough.  Could mean we are a long way off from a full fledged album. 2025ish. 

You didn't enjoy FOAM?  Man, I left the comment "Foam > Dookie"  and I think I might get a lifetime in fb jail for that one.

Why do people think opinions are right or wrong? Lol

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Montclare said:

There's a pill for that.

Now I see it, the GD fanbase has a huge collective gonorrhea ptsd issue and that’s why everyone here hates claps. 

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Renovating or closing down for good?

Well they say the times they are a changing so to me that suggests renovations/updating.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Q-Man said:

I hope there is 1 song on the album (preferably the lead single) that is just the 3 of them singing gang vocals over nothing but handclaps. That would truly be the best gift to this community. 

I hope it's Christmas song....but released way before Christmas.  

• Haha 3

I am hoping for a concept album. Albums with stories like AI or 21CB are more thrilling.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Q-Man said:

I hope there is 1 song on the album (preferably the lead single) that is just the 3 of them singing gang vocals over nothing but handclaps. That would truly be the best gift to this community. 

FILTERED gang vocals over handclaps.

fuck it. filter those too.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, steve46 said:

I am hoping for a concept album. Albums with stories like AI or 21CB are more thrilling.

What was the story in 21CB ?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cav9mm said:

What was the story in 21CB ?

Christian and Gloria in a world full of fear, chaos and insecurities

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Flashback said:

Christian and Gloria in a world full of fear, chaos and insecurities

Ok that sounds like the names of characters and a setting as opposed to a story.

• Like 2