1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Wow @pacejunkie punk that’s awesome. So what sort of stuff usually goes on at Hensons studios these days?  Is it likely they are still recording, or mixing or could,d they be planning videos?  

bigger question, what do hand claps sound like with rubber gloves on 😂😂?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, TrillieGD said:

Sounds like Kill Your Friends and Outlaws had a dinosaur baby that goes rawwwwwk.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

Wow @pacejunkie punk that’s awesome. So what sort of stuff usually goes on at Hensons studios these days?  Is it likely they are still recording, or mixing or could,d they be planning videos?  

It’s a regular recording studio, but it’s also the Jim Henson Company, so muppets and children’s media productions which is what she was there for. They seem to be doing some things in (the former) Ocean Way and others in Henson, whether that’s mixing or something else who can tell.

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised 1

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

I think they sound more like hand fapping 🫠

• Haha 4

I'm hyped for 1972 do not misconstrue me here BUT; most of the clips we've heard sound like foam 2. Just my 2 cents 

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I'm hyped for 1972 do not misconstrue me here BUT; most of the clips we've heard sound like foam 2. Just my 2 cents 

8 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

They sound nothing like it.

In the teasers, the guitars sound louder and punchier than anything on FOAM!!!  Before they started mentioning American Idiot in the teasers, that’s what I immediately thought of when I heard the guitars!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

19 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

They sound nothing like it.

what clips don't sound like foam to you? The "share this song with your dog" clip riff sounds like a foam b side to me. Plus most of the clips released before that, save the one acoustic one. I dunno maybe I'm just paranoid (or stoned) 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

what clips don't sound like foam to you? The "share this song with your dog" clip riff sounds like a foam b side to me. Plus most of the clips released before that, save the one acoustic one. I dunno maybe I'm just paranoid (or stoned) 

Well it’s the same band, but it doesn’t sound like a poppy “party” album in any of the clips really. The guitars not being simmed and sounding like they’re coming out of a car engine also help quite a bit

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They seem to be doing some things in (the former) Ocean Way and others in Henson, whether that’s mixing or something else who can tell.

Hopefully not already mixing. I‘m still hoping for CLA and he has his own studio 😄

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Renovating or closing down for good?

Not sure. Hopefully just renovations?

If you don't add claps until you have completed a song, does this mean 1972 is close to completion?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If you don't add claps until you have completed a song, does this mean 1972 is close to completion?

Handclaps are typically recorded first and usually take many weeks (or months) to complete. With them recording handclaps (and tambouromes!) now, we'll be lucky to get the record NEXT year.

Tambouromes is the plural of tambourine btw

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

2004 - AI era
2009 - 21st era
2012 - Trilogy era
2016 - RevRad era
2020 - Claps era

Stop :(((((

• Like 1

I think the handclaps aren’t usually what bothers fans about the newer songs. It’s more just the production and lyrics. Handclaps aren’t really much more cartoonish than parts of other aspects of their other music. And I’m tired of hearing about the guitars sounding like they are coming out of a car engine. Sad that the only people that really care about this band anymore often times don’t even really like their records before Dookie. Kerplunk is the album that best exemplifies who they are as a band, and in some ways Foam best recaptures that identity maybe best since Warning.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

off topic I'm sorry but which accounts here do you think Billie Joe and Mike use? Hint hint hint....

Hint

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

off topic I'm sorry but which accounts here do you think Billie Joe and Mike use? Hint hint hint....

Hint

Are you one of them? 👀

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

A rarely know handclap trivia is that handclaps are a detail that shines the best when it isn’t added to the song at all! 

It’s so subtle it’s not even there 😜

• Haha 2
  • Love 1