1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

11 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

He might have partied a little, but especially considering this possibility, i think he looks good. I prefer the natural look to whatever he’s has going on lately with lots of makeup.

Yeah and don’t think I didn’t notice the wine glass and whole bottle standing behind him in the photo 😶

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Insomniac90 said:

Maybe a new song a week before the berlin show, but I doubt it. they‘re headlining rock am ring on friday and are set to play 100 min. Maybe „Magenta TV“ has still the rights to stream the whole show. But with a 100 Minute set I can‘t see them playing a brand new song in front of many „not-fans“. 

The show is 2 weeks from Friday, so I suppose it's possible. They really have ramped up the teasing on TikTok big time, and now it seems they just had some kind of photo shoot, so maybe we can get an announcement any day now!!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The show is 2 weeks from Friday, so I suppose it's possible. They really have ramped up the teasing on TikTok big time, and now it seems they just had some kind of photo shoot, so maybe we can get an announcement any day now!!!

Sure, the Berlin show is exactly in 2 weeks now. Maybe like they did with „Pollyanna“ before the Hella Mega in the US. But if they‘re still in the studio you can expect a song and maybe a release of an album in 2-3 Months startinn with an announcement. Could be between the EU/UK and upcoming US leg

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Insomniac90 said:

Sure, the Berlin show is exactly in 2 weeks now. Maybe like they did with „Pollyanna“ before the Hella Mega in the US. But if they‘re still in the studio you can expect a song and maybe a release of an album in 2-3 Months startinn with an announcement. Could be between the EU/UK and upcoming US leg

Well again, looking at the teaser dates, I’ve come to the conclusion that the single could possibly come on July 6th!

12/19

1/7

1/22

2/22

2/24

3/20

3/27

5/6

5/10

5/13

5/16

42:02 (Album Length)

7/6 (1st Single) 

10/13 (Album Release Date)

16 Tracks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Well again, looking at the teaser dates, I’ve come to the conclusion that the single could possibly come on July 6th!

12/19

1/7

1/22

2/22

2/24

3/20

3/27

5/6

5/10

5/13

5/16

42:02 (Album Length)

7/6 (1st Single) 

10/13 (Album Release Date)

16 Tracks

If they were recording in the last week they do not know the album length

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

If they were recording in the last week they do not know the album length

For all we know, maybe they’re already done and just posting these clips now. I mean, one day there’s a teaser from RAK, next day there’s one from Ocean Way. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Thatsername said:

Yeah, festival sets tend to be a bit shorter in general. I saw Green Day in 2013 when they were headlining Rock am Ring the last time and they played much longer though, so I definitely hope this year it'll be longer than the timetable suggests too. Oh and I hope the show will be streamed, like the 2013 performance (though it wasn't the full show, but most parts of it). We can need some great new live footage, it's been too long!

Yeah I‘ve been there as well. But they used to play longer back then. They often play 100-120 since FOAM. But yeah, hope they‘ll play a longer set than 100 min even though I wanna start drinking after the show for Scooter 😂😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

For all we know, maybe they’re already done and just posting these clips now. I mean, one day there’s a teaser from RAK, next day there’s one from Ocean Way. 

They were at Henson during those recent clips

• Like 1

new album, new tour but maybe it will be in arenas at the end of the hella mega tour, fingers crossed!!!

• Like 4

I just want to mention again, that in one teaser we saw the number „72“ on the backside of a guitar. So an announcement or release on 2nd July is still possible 😄

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Flashback said:

I just want to mention again, that in one teaser we saw the number „72“ on the backside of a guitar. So an announcement or release on 2nd July is still possible 😄

That just simply means ‘72 as in 1972

• Like 2
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Alexander GD said:

new album, new tour but maybe it will be in arenas at the end of the hella mega tour, fingers crossed!!!

It’s funny when you love a band so huge that you hope for an arena tour for more intimate sized crowds 😄

35 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Now he applies Occam’s razor 😂

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Or it simply doesn‘t, soon we will know 😄

39 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Contrary to the release dates of the TikTok videos, which clearly are clues to find the Holy Grail 😝

With the teaser dates I came to the conclusion we could get a single on July 6th

16 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I agree July 2 would be a very appropriate announcement date. They should know all the release details by then, the HM Europe tour will be just ending and 7/2 you know. Doesn’t mean they’re planning that but it would be cool

With a release this big, I’m sure we’ll know details of the single at least 2 weeks in advance. They announced Bang Bang on August 1, 2016, and it was released on the 11th

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If we don't have a teaser between now and 2023, you lose the right to make predictions forever. 😂

The prediction track record to this point is pretty spotless

• Like 2

5 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Yeah and don’t think I didn’t notice the wine glass and whole bottle standing behind him in the photo 😶

He’s being very well-behaved!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Can we get some funny 4chan leaks up in here

who remembers that shitty "leak" from 2014 called like old and dirty and it looked like something out of the simpsons

• Like 3