1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

21 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdGhUmkk/

Still at RAK?

But they were just at Ocean Way…🤔

Might be older. But i'm confused as well... maybe the social media person forgot to post it and decided to post it now? It's strange that we'd get 2 tiktoks within the hour. 

And yeah, tiktok is kinda everywhere. Get at least an ad on YT a day from it. An older friend of mine has it, and my male room mate browses and watches videos on there for hours on end. (Which is not healthy imo) 

• Like 2

They want to increase followers numbers in TikTok, I guess

I'm not a fan of these videos that says nothing new btw

• Like 2

Now I’m convinced they read our forums!!!

Here’s another teaser date recap!

12/19

1/7

1/22

2/22

2/24

3/20

3/27

5/6

5/10

5/13

5/16

42:02 (Album Length)

7/6 (1st Single) 

10/13 (Album Release Date)

16 Tracks

13 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Might be older. But i'm confused as well... maybe the social media person forgot to post it and decided to post it now? It's strange that we'd get 2 tiktoks within the hour. 

And yeah, tiktok is kinda everywhere. Get at least an ad on YT a day from it. An older friend of mine has it, and my male room mate browses and watches videos on there for hours on end. (Which is not healthy imo) 

Even on sports broadcasts, like the Yankees!!

”Here’s today’s lineup sponsored by TikTok, “It starts on TikTok!”

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

If you're right please give him the admin status.

16 tracks 42 min album lenght is not possible I think

FOAM was 10 tracks and 26 minutes long. So if you add 3 songs that are 2 minutes long each, 2 songs that are 3 minutes long each, and a 4 minute song, that makes 16 tracks totaling 42 minutes

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

42:02 (Album Length)

7/6 (1st Single) 

10/13 (Album Release Date)

16 Tracks

The GDFan2019 Theorem 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

At least TikTok isn't owned by Zuckerberg. It's definitely huge right now and it seems like the GD promo team has chosen to focus on it for better visibility and to appeal to "the youth". Please God, no GD TikTok dances. 

Watch their next music video feature TikTok star Charli D’Amelio😆

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

Definitely some AI link. We will see.

Maybe it could be the story of St. Jimmy and Whatsername’s childhoods? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Maybe it could be the story of St. Jimmy and Whatsername’s childhoods? 

NO. 

• Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

A thematic prequel or sequel to AI would actually be super interesting.

But in reality, I think the usage of Homecoming and Whatsername are simply for nostalgia due to being in Ocean Way (whatever it’s called now) and back with Rob.

If this album is an homage to AI, you have to wonder why they chose the artwork for FOAM, which is basically the arm of the hand holding the heart grenade.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZTdGhUmkk/

Still at RAK?

But they were just at Ocean Way…🤔

European tour is starting soon. Maybe they moved back to the Uk to finish the recording and be closer to the first tour date. Maybe it’s old footage. Who knows. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, cav9mm said:

So what was the concept of the FOAM cover art again ?

To subvert peoples expectations and shit on their own legacy. But now they seem to be doing the exact opposite of that so go figure.

6 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

If this album is an homage to AI, you have to wonder why they chose the artwork for FOAM, which is basically the arm of the hand holding the heart grenade.

Like I said above, they chose it (and scribbled over it) for FOAM to tell you that AI was exactly not what you were going to hear. They wanted you to forget it. And now they’re all “Hey guys, remember AI? Wasn’t it great?” 🤪

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

To subvert peoples expectations and shit on their own legacy. But now they seem to be doing the exact opposite of that so go figure.

Like I said above, they chose it (and scribbled over it) for FOAM to tell you that AI was exactly not what you were going to hear. They wanted you to forget it. And now they’re all “Hey guys, remember AI? Wasn’t it great?” 🤪

I think the band often had the tendency to produce follow up records having a marked contrast with the predecessor. Maybe with the exception of Insomniac and 21CB. In general I think they understandably like to go against expectations, so I would not see a record with a marked different approach  from FOAM as something weird. After RevRad fans wanted/expected something in that direction, we got the opposite and the cover simbolize that.
Now the whole thing might be upside down.

Then echoing AI in the teasing also makes commercial sense of course, but I think going back to Rob, that studio, equipment etc. does hint to a overall very different vibe for the record. 

• Like 3