1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

11 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t keep up with this record. We’ve seen them in four different studios now? RAK, Abbey Road, Ocean Way and now Henson?  Is this unlike anything they’ve ever done before? What would be the reason for so many studios across two continents over the course of so many months? Damn I want to hear this album 

It’s really hard to book a lot of studio time on short notice, especially at real nice studios where there are equally as big bands that can’t get kicked to the curb, so if the theory that it started as an EP and turned into an album is right, they’ve probably just taken what they could get on short ish notice, and maybe did drums at ocean way for that sound

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can’t keep up with this record. We’ve seen them in four different studios now? RAK, Abbey Road, Ocean Way and now Henson?  Is this unlike anything they’ve ever done before? What would be the reason for so many studios across two continents over the course of so many months? Damn I want to hear this album 

Wait, did they actually record at Abbey Road? I thought Tré just had his picture taken outside. And I'm sure they would've posted a teaser if they were inside the famous Studio 2, where The Beatles recorded!!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Wait, did they actually record at Abbey Road? I thought Tré just had his picture taken outside. And I'm sure they would've posted a teaser if they were inside the famous Studio 2, where The Beatles recorded!!!!

They didn’t, it was exactly that, a photo, like most Beatles fans, when visiting London, they get a photo outside the studio.

• Love 1

6 hours ago, Westerberg89 said:

They didn’t, it was exactly that, a photo, like most Beatles fans, when visiting London, they get a photo outside the studio.

How do you know they didn’t record something there? It wasn’t there first time there, they’d been at that studio numerous times over the years so why be there just to take another photo?

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

How do you know they didn’t record something there? It wasn’t there first time there, they’d been at that studio numerous times over the years so why be there just to take another photo?

Because the bbc uses abbey road studios now  to record and mix shit and when was the band there? Oh While mixing the bbc album 

Find it interesting that one of the tags for the new tiktok is slappy, which was their second EP. They've obviously hinted at a sort of AI song with the other tiktok using Homecoming in the bg, but I wonder if we'll get a few songs that are a return to their older style as well. (Yes I know ppl say this a thousand times before each new album comes out, I just find it really curious)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

Find it interesting that one of the tags for the new tiktok is slappy, which was their second EP. They've obviously hinted at a sort of AI song with the other tiktok using Homecoming in the bg, but I wonder if we'll get a few songs that are a return to their older style as well. (Yes I know ppl say this a thousand times before each new album comes out, I just find it really curious)

Weird how they didn't tag #1972 this time

• Like 1

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because they didn’t go to Abbey Road to record any songs.

Wasn't Pollyanna released about a year ago? I guess that's technically the last time we got new music from them.

Who knows maybe they will release a new song before this upcoming leg of the hella mega tour. That would be exciting 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Wasn't Pollyanna released about a year ago? I guess that's technically the last time we got new music from them.

Who knows maybe they will release a new song before this upcoming leg of the hella mega tour. That would be exciting 

We got Holy Toledo last October so it really hasn't been that long all things considered. I wouldn't count on anything being released until after Hella Mega.

• Like 2

Just now, Q-Man said:

We got Holy Toledo last October so it really hasn't been that long all things considered. I wouldn't count on anything being released until after Hella Mega.

Ohh yeah, how could I forget. (Actually that song was kind of forgettable for me 😄

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Cali_gd89 said:

Ohh yeah, how could I forget. (Actually that song was kind of forgettable for me 😄

I watched the entire movie to heard the song and Holy Toledo was at the fucking END CREDITS! I think the movie was forgettable. The song is okay.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Cali_gd89 said:

3 hours ago, Q-Man said:

The tour was already underway by the time Here Comes the Shock and Pollyanna were released. So who’s to say we won’t get a 1972 single by next month?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

The tour was already underway by the time Here Comes the Shock and Pollyanna were released. So who’s to say we won’t get a 1972 single by next month?

Actually, I think both of those were released before the tour started. The tour didn't start until July 2021 I believe, and HCTS came out in February, while Pollyana came out in May.

It's possible we could get a song before the tour starts up again (although not likely), but realistically, I can't see us getting anything while they are on the road

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I want a dark ass green day song (sounds depressing as well as dark lyrics) about BJA's struggle with addiction, weird request I know. I don't think they have ever made a song that is depressing lyrically and sound wise, maybe Restless Heart Syndrome. I want a full on Alice in Chains sad ass sounding songs

You had me until the Alice in Chains part, 😄.

I guess if anyone could make me enjoy that sound it would be Green Day.  So I'm down for this.

7 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

weird request I know.

I didnt realise we could request what mindset we want BJA to be in whilst writing and recording ?

Can i have him be wistfully ironic but otherwise charming please ? 

• Haha 2
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

I want a dark ass green day song (sounds depressing as well as dark lyrics) about BJA's struggle with addiction, weird request I know. I don't think they have ever made a song that is depressing lyrically and sound wise, maybe Restless Heart Syndrome. I want a full on Alice in Chains sad ass sounding songs

Lazy Bones is pretty dark lyrically. 

• Like 2