1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Gwen Stacy said:

One of these days we will, just a question of when. I'd bet the Insomniac 25th was a trial balloon to see how well that kind of thing would sell. 

And February 1, 2024 marks the 30th for Dookie!!! I wonder if there are more home demos lying around besides All By Myself

2 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

Put an orchestrated version of All By Myself on the 30th vinyl of Dookie, you cowards 

And nightlife.....

you bastards.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE JUST DROPPED A NEW SINGLE!!!!!!

I hope 1972 is not that far behind because this is starting to feel like 2004 all over again!!!!!!!!!!

So much pop punk.  Could it be Green Day are holding out so they can be.......

The last gang in town! 

Lol, I hope not.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well this confirms that all these photos and videos we’re getting from Ocean Way are in fact current so recording is still ongoing, and it is in fact an LP (and it’s gonna be epic!):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdcPKLHLP7j/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

They're at Ocean Way now and they started at RAK in London, could this perhaps be a double LP?!?!?!?!?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

They're at Ocean Way now and they started at RAK in London, could this perhaps be a double LP?!?!?!?!?

The original rumour was that there were 6 new songs. Then there were photos from Abbey Road (which could simply have been mixing/mastering, but I doubt it). There were theories that they decided to expand the project, which I'm definitely leaning towards, especially since the teasers stopped and now they seem to be at Ocean Way.

• Like 2

So looks like Doug McKean and Rob Cavallo don‘t always work together anymore. The new My Chemical Romance song was produced by Doug McKean, but no Rob Cavallo is listed

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Flashback said:

So looks like Doug McKean and Rob Cavallo don‘t always work together anymore. The new My Chemical Romance song was produced by Doug McKean, but no Rob Cavallo is listed

Has cavallo been doing any producing up to this gd project? I also imagine the pandemic isolated people a bit

52 minutes ago, desertrose said:

Can't wait for this album!  Interesting little fact that Ocean Way Recording is no longer, it has been known as United Recording Studios since 2015.

Ah, good find! Just checked out their website and that video on TikTok had them in the live room of Studio B, which, as was stated in the video, is the studio they used for American Idiot. "If these walls could talk" is right.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Well this confirms that all these photos and videos we’re getting from Ocean Way are in fact current so recording is still ongoing, and it is in fact an LP (and it’s gonna be epic!):

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdcPKLHLP7j/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Me be slow. When this fella says "new gd album around the corner" does he mean it's coming soon/done soon or does he mean it's literally being recorded in close proximity to where they are?

17 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Ah, good find! Just checked out their website and that video on TikTok had them in the live room of Studio B, which, as was stated in the video, is the studio they used for American Idiot. "If these walls could talk" is right.

They seem to love tracking through Neve consoles, which studio B has, and RAK has one too

36 minutes ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Me be slow. When this fella says "new gd album around the corner" does he mean it's coming soon/done soon or does he mean it's literally being recorded in close proximity to where they are?

He means they are recording the album just around the corner from the shop I think. I doubt he knows when it’s being released. If they’re still recording it, they themselves may not yet know

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

Has cavallo been doing any producing up to this gd project? I also imagine the pandemic isolated people a bit

I don‘t know tbh. I think that he worked with Gerard Way a few times, in a recent interview with him he mentioned „Doug“ and „Rob“ several times

5 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

this was posted in 2015 by United Recording Studios

280708699_10228066430785478_221714109040

unitedrecording

Green Day - American Idiot Recorded in Studio B, 2003-2004. Produced by #RobCavallo Engineered by #DougMcKean.

https://www.instagram.com/p/5srOilxQEK/

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, TrillieGD said:
New TikTok

Where was the CLA pic again? Can we confirm this is his spot from this?

9 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Actually appears they’re at Henson studios in LA - where the assistant engineer mark Aguilar is based out of

http://hensonrecording.com/studiomix.html

So does that mean they're in the mixing stage now? Because they clearly said they were at Ocean Way in that last TikTok

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So does that mean they're in the mixing stage now? Because they clearly said they were at Ocean Way in that last TikTok

Not sure - it’s clearly their “mixing” room, but they could just still be recording and popping around to different studios.

I can’t keep up with this record. We’ve seen them in four different studios now? RAK, Abbey Road, Ocean Way and now Henson?  Is this unlike anything they’ve ever done before? What would be the reason for so many studios across two continents over the course of so many months? Damn I want to hear this album 

• Like 3