1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

What if the album is a concept album following someone through different periods of their life (seemingly in 13 year increments), 1972, 1985, 1998, 2011 with each era being recorded using tech available at the time? We've only heard of them recording the first part and now being teased the second? 

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wasn’t Tre supposed to come out in January and when the tour got canceled they moved it up to December to give the fans something?  I agree December 23 seems like an odd release date so close to Christmas when the industry is probably shut down and since the 1985 date appears to be random I’m going to assume Dec 23 is too. 

Yes, Tre was released early, not late.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

But Stewart and Lord Alge aren't even working with Green Day. Green Day's screen says Rob Cavallo, Chris Dugan, and Mark Aguilar. Same software maybe?

We don't know that. CLA is a mixing engineer; his work is typically done post studio, whereas Dugan etc. are present in studio with the band.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

We don't know that. CLA is a mixing engineer; his work is typically done post studio, whereas Dugan etc. Are present in studio with the band.

And plus, Green Day is at Ocean Way

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Maybe 1972 will not be a CD but a floppy disk. I would buy this!

giphy.gif

Imagine that’s the album cover!!’ 😆

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

And plus, Green Day is at Ocean Way

Imagine that’s the album cover!!’ 😆

Even if they’re still at ocean way, they could be mixing earlier tracks at the same time. If CLA is mixing then my excitement goes up to 10

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Wasn’t Tre supposed to come out in January and when the tour got canceled they moved it up to December to give the fans something?  I agree December 23 seems like an odd release date so close to Christmas when the industry is probably shut down and since the 1985 date appears to be random I’m going to assume Dec 23 is too. 

Oh you're right about Tré. I mixed up Tré with Dos which was released in November

• Like 1

Just got an email from Green Day that has this to say about the Oakland Coffee subscriptions:

The new subscription includes coffee for the year, first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next vinyl that’s coming featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers (more on that from them soon).

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Just got an email from Green Day that has this to say about the Oakland Coffee subscriptions:

The new subscription includes coffee for the year, first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next vinyl that’s coming featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers (more on that from them soon).

21st Century Breakdown 13th anniversary on May 15th?

• Confused 1

No guarantee it's a NEW vinyl

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

No guarantee it's a NEW vinyl

No, just speculating like we all are, but it was interesting that it was something it said the band was going to announce soon.  So it's something that merits an announcement. Sounds bigger than just a new release of an old album when there are no major anniversaries this year.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DanagedGoods said:

What if the album is a concept album following someone through different periods of their life (seemingly in 13 year increments), 1972, 1985, 1998, 2011 with each era being recorded using tech available at the time? We've only heard of them recording the first part and now being teased the second? 

It could be the story of A Christmas Carol, with St. Jimmy being dragged around to different time periods by a mysterious ghost driving a trans am.

As he learns his lesson, Jimmy realizes he's been wearing a mask for as long as he can remember. 

Z and Underpants try and shoot him with X Ray Hamburger pistols but Van Gough and Fink run away and are soon joined by Snoo.

They travel to 2022, meet up with some girls that just robbed a bank in Green Day masks and the whole group decides to unmask all at once.

It's Green Day!  The Network have been Green Day this whole time!!!!

Meanwhile, Z and Undies are trashing Snoo's flat and screaming for revenge!!!

• Haha 1

The Oakland Coffee site has more detailed info:

"Get first dibs on a special numbered edition of our next Green Day vinyl*. Yep. You read that right. There's an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers. On top of that, Annual Subscribers get priority access to 500 numbered vinyl. More details coming soon."

It seems to be an old recording being released, just like the bbc sessions

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"There's an (extra-rare) Green Day vinyl coming, featuring a special color for Oakland Coffee Club subscribers"

So maybe we will get a new vinyl regular release plus an exclusive color for the club

13 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

More likely the Kerplunk remaster

Oh yeah, they were recreating the stems for some reason according to that TikTok so that makes sense. 92-2022 is certainly a big anniversary.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Maybe 1972 will not be a CD but a floppy disk. I would buy this!

giphy.gif

I'm pretty sure my dad has something that could read a floppy. 

Better get everything in place or you won't get to hear the new songs, guys!

I gotta get an 8 track player and I'll be ready for anything.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Sanity Loan said:

I’m pretty sure that 1985 date is just the time and date on that equipment’s system, and they aren’t bothered to set it.

It's 100% this

• Like 4