1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

17 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Well no, they've been working on this album for quite some time already. If they are tracking finals it shouldn't take very long, because of all the work they've already put into it these last months. For example. Billie recorded all of his vocals for the trilogy in two days.

But again, we're just giving educated guesses here. Who the fuck knows what part of the process they are in.

I was giving an overview of the whole recording process because the person didn’t know

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

How do you get this from a picture of his bass?

As I said, I'm speculating. The TikTok video, Mike's photo, now the video from Tré. I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sanity Loan said:

As I said, I'm speculating. The TikTok video, Mike's photo, now the video from Tré. I don't think it's that big of a stretch.

Now just waiting for Billie to post something.....

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Alf said:

the recording process I know and understand, just the word 'tracking' that got me confused... just a language issue, no big deal

The really must have changed their plans if they are now recording at Ocean Way. May a Foo Fighters type of album with songs recorded in different places.

Would be really cool a multi part album, with different themes and sounds spanning their carreer

Sonic Highways 2!

So.. I saw a video of them in Oceanway with Rob Cavallo...

Sounds promising! I've been wanting for them to go back there for a long time. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sheenius said:

So.. I saw a video of them in Oceanway with Rob Cavallo...

Sounds promising! I've been wanting for them to go back there for a long time. 

We've been talking about this. Or did you see a new one?

• Like 1

Green Day presents Back to the Future

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

But there's no return from 85

The only number that you can't return from is 86, and even that one is debatable.  Green Day aren't even 86'd from Gilman anymore, ya know?

This 1985 date is rather interesting.  I'm going to ask 2 month old me if he remembers  any Green Day or Sweet Children activity going on back then.....

No.  No he doesn't.

Maybe 1972 has been so long in the making that its being called 1985 now, which would be awesome for those of us born in 1985.   Or maybe Black Crowes beat them to the 1972 name and they are ticked off.   A color band rivalry?  Days beat Crowes, hands down.

Or like we discussed before, maybe each song will be a different year or date.  

• Haha 2

So this project looks pretty fucken interesting

Obviously they've gone analogue

Wonder if they'll do a Foo Fighters and include a bit of the original tape with the purchase of a CD

• Like 2

December 23rd is a Friday this year, which is when new music typically gets released. Maybe it’s a release date. Or maybe it means nothing. Kinda hard to tell with them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 minutes ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

December 23rd is a Friday this year, which is when new music typically gets released. Maybe it’s a release date. Or maybe it means nothing. Kinda hard to tell with them.

Do artists ever release albums just a few days before Christmas?

Tré's birthday is December 9th (which is also a Friday), the last of the 3 members birthdays so it makes sense if December is when we get the singles and album. We might get a single on December 9th and the album release on the 23rd. I still don't know what the 1985 is referring to. The band didn't form until 1987

Although I feel like December is a weird time to release, especially 2 days before Christmas. Tré! was released in December but that was early December and it was supposed to release in November before it was delayed. But the album would have to release in 2022 to meet the whole 1972 / 50 years old theme

I imagine some people might be disappointed that if the release is December that it'll still be another 7 months before we hear the album, or even a single but I'm fine with it. For a project as big as this one seems to be, I'm expecting them to take their time and make sure it's an album that people remember fondly

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

December 23rd 1985
Birthday: Harry Judd, British drummer (McFly), born in Chelmsford, United Kingdom and Luke O'Loughlin, Australian actor, born in Adelaide, Australia
Death: James Vance (20) and Raymond Belknap (18) attempt suicide (Belknap dies). Their families later sue rock group Judas Priest for subliminal messages in song "Better By You, Better Than Me".
It was a Monday.

Is this info relevant? No.
Am I happy to have showed it to you? Yes.

One of those people will be on the album cover.  Remember Weezer's Hurley?   Just like that. 

Tre Cool will play drums like he's 13 years old and....Billie will once again be singing about guns. 

Judas Priest influences? Australian accents instead of faux-British?

Interesting. Realistic.

Want I want more than anything is some song titles.  That is more important than actually hearing the songs themselves.

• Like 1

It's a prequel song to Jimmy Eat World's 12.23.95

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned before and I've missed it.  Wasn't Billie teasing us at the end of 2019 with an IG live where he shows his sons playing video games and at the end he says, floppy disk, Nintendo, Mario Bros, Atari...I remember at the time we were trying to tie that into FOAM.  Then FOAM comes out and we were like, huh?  Maybe I'm remembering it all wrong.  Anyway, quick search of a few of these things he mentions reveal their 1972 beginnings.  Now they're teasing us again with old studios, old equipment...idk, just wondering if it all ties in with #1972 somehow and if it does, why was he teasing it back then?

I found the video:

• Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, Vintage Disciple said:

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned before and I've missed it.  Wasn't Billie teasing us at the end of 2019 with an IG live where he shows his sons playing video games and at the end he says, floppy disk, Nintendo, Mario Bros, Atari...I remember at the time we were trying to tie that into FOAM.  Then FOAM comes out and we were like, huh?  Maybe I'm remembering it all wrong.  Anyway, quick search of a few of these things he mentions reveal their 1972 beginnings.  Now they're teasing us again with old studios, old equipment...idk, just wondering if it all ties in with #1972 somehow and if it does, why was he teasing it back then?

I found the video:

Yeah not sure if it meant anything specific other than the fact that they’ve been focused on nostalgia for some time now, probably since RevRad really, that’s when with songs like Outlaws and TDTD I noticed them looking back more than looking forward.  Musically FOAM looks back. So they’re still doing that particularly here with the 1972, turning 50 and growing up in the eighties thing. Both FOAM (album art) and 1972 (studio) are looking back to American Idiot.

• Like 1