1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

I have heard from a very reliable source that we will be getting an announcement… in September. With an EP to follow in February.

FOAM all over again 😆

Late July feels reasonable to announce whatever the fuck

1 hour ago, BratReject23 said:

So the tour begins on June 1st. If the band doesn't release anything by the next 3 weeks we must embrace the idea of a fall release. 

And maybe an August single?

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

You know things are dire when GDFan is predicting things beyond next week

Or judging by that TikTok video, hopefully sooner?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Sanity Loan said:

I'm speculating, but assuming that TikTok from a few days ago wasn't old, that was likely Tré tracking (recording) his drum parts. There are a lot of different ways to do this, but a lot of time the order of operations for tracking finals is drums, bass, guitar, and then vocals. So Tré's parts may be done and now Mike is tracking his bass parts against Tré's drums.

How do you get this from a picture of his bass?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

I'm speculating, but assuming that TikTok from a few days ago wasn't old, that was likely Tré tracking (recording) his drum parts. There are a lot of different ways to do this, but a lot of time the order of operations for tracking finals is drums, bass, guitar, and then vocals. So Tré's parts may be done and now Mike is tracking his bass parts against Tré's drums.

the recording process I know and understand, just the word 'tracking' that got me confused... just a language issue, no big deal

The really must have changed their plans if they are now recording at Ocean Way. May a Foo Fighters type of album with songs recorded in different places.

Would be really cool a multi part album, with different themes and sounds spanning their carreer

• Like 3
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Alf said:

the recording process I know and understand, just the word 'tracking' that got me confused... just a language issue, no big deal

The really must have changed their plans if they are now recording at Ocean Way. May a Foo Fighters type of album with songs recorded in different places.

Would be really cool a multi part album, with different themes and sounds spanning their carreer

And they went to London twice

• Like 2

It will be interesting to find out what was recorded where. I do hope it still has some British charm to it.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, DookieLukie said:

How do you get this from a picture of his bass?

Mike posted it on his own instagram...

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Weird how he didn't use the #1972 hashtag

To be fair, Mike has YET to use that hashtag on any of his posts that could relate to 1972.

• Surprised 1

Just now, Squashie said:

Mike posted it on his own instagram...

That wasn't what they were asking.  It was wondering how you can conclude they are tracking in the studio from just a photo of a bass.

• Like 2

I have zero understanding of the recording phase. How many days or weeks does this tracking process take to finish?

22 minutes ago, Jhonib said:

I have zero understanding of the recording phase. How many days or weeks does this tracking process take to finish?

Quite a bit depending on how it’s structured. If it’s done straight, it can take anywhere from three weeks to a few months. Insomniac was a few weeks and AI was months. The disjoint way they’re doing it probably doesn’t lend itself overly well to it taking on the shorter side

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

Quite a bit depending on how it’s structured. If it’s done straight, it can take anywhere from three weeks to a few months. Insomniac was a few weeks and AI was months. The disjoint way they’re doing it probably doesn’t lend itself overly well to it taking on the shorter side

Nah, they could knock it out in a few days if they've rehearsed the songs.

4 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Nah, they could knock it out in a few days if they've rehearsed the songs.

Not a whole big rock album - that is barely ever done in history, and is certainly not something GD has ever come close to doing since kerplunk, which was not a big rock album

14 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

Not a whole big rock album - that is barely ever done in history, and is certainly not something GD has ever come close to doing since kerplunk, which was not a big rock album

Well no, they've been working on this album for quite some time already. If they are tracking finals it shouldn't take very long, because of all the work they've already put into it these last months. For example. Billie recorded all of his vocals for the trilogy in two days.

But again, we're just giving educated guesses here. Who the fuck knows what part of the process they are in.

• Like 3