1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Vintage Disciple said:

I took it to mean Tre was talking about the new song. Because when Rob mentions big slow song, he does the big drum intro to Are We the Waiting and Tre nods like it’s that big. Also, Homecoming playing, the studio and another video’s reference to Green Day sound, it seems like they are channeling AI.

I agree…we can only hope!  🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻

And judging by the positioning of the mic and Billie clapping into it, I can picture a big heavy studio reverb sound to that slow song!!!

• Like 3

I was thinking that the only difference between this pre era and revrad is the video teasers. I mean, they teased us with the revrad hashtag like... 8 months or something? And I remember they finished the record on June of that year. So be patient, easily they could drop an album by Sept or Oct. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

I was thinking that the only difference between this pre era and revrad is the video teasers. I mean, they teased us with the revrad hashtag like... 8 months or something? And I remember they finished the record on June of that year. So be patient, easily they could drop an album by Sept or Oct. 

This is more like the lead up to the Trilogy. They posted studio videos on Youtube every week that year

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Not gonna lie, part of me is kind of concerned about all this. Like, yeah everything sounds good. But idk if this is just a "Well people didn't like FOAMF, I guess we need to do an AI type album now, we gotta get Rob back in here and do what people expect of us" kind of deal and if it is, my worry would be that this is damage control & they've not really been inspired to make an album like this

You could say the same thing about Rev Rad after the trilogy (minus Rob). Ultimately it comes down to whether you feel like it’s coming from a genuine place.

• Like 4

It’s like they got lost in a creative twillight zone where they go from making the trilogy to trying to come back to their 2000s era and it’s been repeating for the last 10 years… I still enjoy their recent music, but there’s something so sad about it, you know, it’s like something broke and it can’t come back together. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

I know lightning doesn't strike twice...

but just put everything exactly how it was on American Idiot. 

Write new songs, but record them the same way.   

There, I said it and I feel better now.  

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I know lightning doesn't strike twice...

but just put everything exactly how it was on American Idiot. 

Write new songs, but record them the same way.   

There, I said it and I feel better now.  

I mean it has for Green Day…Dookie…AI…we’re looking for lighting to strike 3 times…and that’s a charm :)

Edited by rev
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, rev said:

I mean it has for Green Day…Dookie…AI…we’re looking for lighting to strike 3 times…and that’s a charm :)

That would be highly unlikely, at least in the eyes of the mainstream. It could still turn out to be an album we love

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

That would be highly unlikely, at least in the eyes of the mainstream. It could still turn out to be an album we love

I hope they win a Grammy for this!!!!

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope they win a Grammy for this!!!!

If they’re not competing with Foo Fighters they have a decent shot. Who’s left in the field?

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

43 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

If they’re not competing with Foo Fighters they have a decent shot. Who’s left in the field?

And it also depends on the release window. Hopefully it gets released before October!!!

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Muse and Black Keys are recent winners who are going to release albums soon, doesn't look like they are going to be masterpieces tho lol

My prediction is we’ll get a single in the summer and the album in the fall, probably September or October

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, PleasedToMeetMe said:

My prediction is we’ll get a single in the summer and the album in the fall, probably September or October

When in the summer do you think we'll get the single? June, July, or August?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Not gonna lie, part of me is kind of concerned about all this. Like, yeah everything sounds good. But idk if this is just a "Well people didn't like FOAMF, I guess we need to do an AI type album now, we gotta get Rob back in here and do what people expect of us" kind of deal and if it is, my worry would be that this is damage control & they've not really been inspired to make an album like this

I don't want Billie to think he can't make any album that has a Foxboro or trilogy kind of sound without everyone hating it and I don't want them to feel obligated to make another AI if they don't want to.

Now I'm not saying that I think this is what's happening. It is very likely that they just want to make an album like this now. And I don't think the band has ever really cared about what other people think. But this is just something that I'm a bit concerned about. Especially since FOAM was only 2 years ago. I hope they're not rushing into anything

Maybe it's both damage control and what they feel inspired to do.  Even at their gnarliest, these guys aim to please fans and want the whole world to be fans. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Green Day has always been a very reactionary band. 1972 will certainly be informed by the response to FOAM, just like Rev Rad was informed by the response to the trilogy, and like Insomniac was informed by the response to Dookie. It's not necessarily a bad thing.

Don’t forget 21CB being the follow up to American Idiot!!

• Like 3

I have heard from a very reliable source that we will be getting an announcement… in September. With an EP to follow in February.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3