1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

1 hour ago, Zebahar said:

Something I am really hoping to see from this project is better pacing between the songs. I remember FOAM felt way too fast for me with just the rapid first of 2 minute songs. I liked their previous albums where they had some fast songs, some slow songs, and maybe an acoustic diddy in there too.

Even if their isn't a true "story" to this one, I like when an album feels like there is a beginning, middle, and end.

There are only 2 short songs on the album, Fire Ready Aim and Sugar Youth both roughly 1:54. I was a Teenage Teenager is the longest at 3:45. The rest are between 2:30 to 3 minutes long. It just feels short because there are only 10 songs. But yes, I hope 1972 has 5 minute songs, and I hope the album is between 60 and 70 minutes long!!!

1 hour ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

Very exciting teaser!

Would’ve been better with a tease of a new song. Although Homecoming fits perfectly because they’re back at Ocean Way!

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I so hope we’re getting a documentary out of this! They’re shooting so much film 😍

I was hoping for the same thing 

3 minutes ago, Radiation Fear said:

how old is this footage? 

How would we know

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I so hope we’re getting a documentary out of this! They’re shooting so much film 😍

1 hour ago, Cunt said:

I was hoping for the same thing 

I immediately thought of this when we got the first teaser back in December!!!

They started recording in London, and now they’re at Ocean Way, so I have a theory. Weren’t they in London for someone’s wedding or something? I’m thinking they used RAK to record rough demos and now they’re at Ocean Way to record the proper master takes!!

6 hours ago, Jankowski576 said:

How would we know

🤧I just get so worried! That maybe they can't finish recording everything they were supposed to before the European leg (June '22!!!), and then no new musics for da rest of summer! I need a worry rock now, to rub it! Gosh! ☘️

But if it is 1972, then Tre hasn't even been born yet (hehe) and there's still time to finish up the album/s before December (the month of Tre).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jengd said:

Chris Dugan, their engineer.

Oh that‘s Chris, I always have a different picture of him in my mind 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

what if 1972 started off as a conceptual  EP but they liked it so much they hired Robb to produce an actual album and it eventually snowballed into a 4-disk sprawling double album and that's why things are taking so long 🤔🤔🤔

But that's just a theory, a Green theory. 😎

• Haha 2

Just now, PluckyJokerhead said:

Hoping most of all to see a reappearance of Captain Hey on this new record

He’ll only do it if he’s feeling particularly charitable 😜 Looks like you got Captain Clap though, how’s that? 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, legendary said:

Tré Cool: "This is a big slow song... " 

So a new ballad hit is coming

Big ballads and Mike Dirnt vocals on one track.   That's the only items on my wishlist.

I am a FOAM supporter, but it would have done it so much good to have one epic anthem on there.   It sounds strange, but a 21 Guns right in the middle or toward the back end.   Oh Yeah! 

Right now, I'm still in End of an Era denial.  Just like the Trilogy and Rev Rad,   the Foam era didn't get to live it's full promotional life.     I am still waiting for a Teenage Teenager single and video I'll never get, just like Forever Now and a host of Trilogy singles.

Maybe Green Day want to make sure 1972 isn't screwed up by anything.  No family, health, drug, pandemic or war problems.  

They need a complete win, with 4-5 singles and a tour with no cancelations.  It's been too long. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Looking at screenshots Billie has black nail polish on like he did at Shaky Knees so maybe it’s new?

Maybe. Although he had nail polish on at one of the other shows earlier this year as well so it could possibly be from way back too.

• Like 2

So now that they are still recording, I don't think that we will get an album before September. But maybe they're close to finish the recording sessions, when we think about the tiktok video with Rob Cavallo in the car, maybe they we're already recording in the US when this video was posted a few weeks ago.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jengd said:

With Rob Cavallo!!

I thought Tre’s comment about the big slow song was about Homecoming playing in the background but maybe they just added that for the TikTok.

Beginning to feel like you guys who’ve been saying they are aiming big may be right. 🤞🏼🤞🏼🙏🙏

I took it to mean Tre was talking about the new song. Because when Rob mentions big slow song, he does the big drum intro to Are We the Waiting and Tre nods like it’s that big. Also, Homecoming playing, the studio and another video’s reference to Green Day sound, it seems like they are channeling AI.

I agree…we can only hope!  🤞🏻🤞🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻