1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Billies Hair isnt red anymore. That clearly means we're getting no Album this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Green Day will NOT be the focus of the summer.

spring, autumn or winter?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Clockwise said:

Unfortunately, Weezer has a monopoly on all the SZNZ this year.

Ftfy

• Like 2

Happy Birthday, Mike! Should we expect anything from today?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, steve46 said:

Happy Birthday, Mike! Should we expect anything from today?

I wonder if he’s even in the mood to celebrate today, he posted last night that his dog died

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I took one song title from each album and made a totally legit tracklist for 1973 or whatever this is going to turn into.   If Green Day don't do something soon, RHCP are about to take the thrown for most listened to rock band.    Either them, Weezer or The Offspring.   POP ROCK FOREVER!!!!!!

1.       Gone From The Arena

2.       86’d From Hell

3.       Nice Guy

4.       Jock Cologne Vacuum

5.       Collected

6.       Happiness With A Why (Y?)

7.       Take Your Smelling Salt

8.       West Devil Somewhere 

9.       Demon Orange

10.   Gentlemen Giraffe

11.   1 Status Quo

12.   Extraordinary Cosmos

13.   Message of Love

This has to be the worst promotion gimmick/routine/plan i have ever seen. Last tease was months away..what are they playing at? Why start teasing in first place if you're gonna grind down to a halt few weeks later. 😓

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Jinxs said:

This has to be the worst promotion gimmick/routine/plan i have ever seen. Last tease was months away..what are they playing at? Why start teasing in first place if you're gonna grind down to a halt few weeks later. 😓

Although Brittany wrote 1972 in the caption for her post about Mike’s birthday yesterday!

https://www.instagram.com/p/CdKR5lALETL/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

Okay, yes, that’s the year he was born, but why would she put that instead of something like, “Happy 50th to my husband!”?

• Surprised 1

1 hour ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

GDC is dead right now.
Green Day killed it with their stupid teasing strategy.

You’re not wrong 😑 

How can the GDC be dead with recent shows and a supposed upcoming album?

Green Day = the greatest band of all time… They’re even the greatest at killing the hype of the hype-est fandom. 

Excited about the Longshot account being back online. I hope something happens there soon.

Still lots to look forward too but what a messy promotion strategy for Green Day.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

New album will be so good that you will forget what songs were on FOAM. Just wait for it... A little patience.

• Like 3

I miss how big Green Day releases used to feel. Maybe it was just being younger or knowing less leading up. 21CB wasn't my favorite album but the build up felt epic. Helps when the record isn't a dud. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

To me it feels like it was a change of plans completely. The way they were sharing teases and snippets of new music made it feel like they were ready to at least announce something a couple of months ago. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Jankowski576 said:

I’m thinking they turned an EP into a full album

Yeah! They went to London, came home, and then went back!!! They wouldn’t fly all the way there just to put finishing touches on a small EP, they have OTIS for that!!! This is definitely going to be a full album!!!!

• Like 2