1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

On 4/17/2022 at 2:00 AM, dirnt286 said:

Did someone already post this video of Rob Covallo from Gree Days Tik Tok? (Probably)

https://fb.watch/cr4vrzo_Sv/

Uhhh didn’t see this. So Rob confirmed, cool cool. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

Uhhh didn’t see this. So Rob confirmed, cool cool. 

Yeah this was posted a few pages back

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Plus Chris Dugan posted on Instagram a few days ago working on a mixing console in Oakland! I mean, who else could he possibly be working with other than Green Day right now?

A multitude of other bands.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Flashback said:

Well technically the only promo for Max Creeps that was GD-related was one instagram story post by Billie and two pics on instagram. So 1972 had much more promotion so far. And did MM2020 had any hints or teasers before the announcement on instagram? It was just us who took Max Creeps to the next level 😄

This is true. I don’t remember MM2020 release teases that well. It was fun when Fink took over BJA’s Instagram and stuff like that. That was interesting.

Max Creeps isn’t Green Day related but it seemed even more exciting than the build up for 1972.

I hope when 1972 is ready to be released there is that much fanfare and hype. It was very creative and fun to watch the mystery of Max Creeps even though it ended up not being Green Day related.

I just remembered MOOTIK. Green Day fans are very good at taking a small little crumb to the next level.

Just going to sit back and wait again for something exciting to happen…

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because they didn’t do the typical press and promo on the Hella Mega, we actually haven’t had a feature interview with the band since 2019 (maybe early 2020?). That’s what I’m most eager for.

I want to hear song titles before the album release, like the Breakdown promotion.

I was watching a bunch of Billie interviews last nights in hopes of making a funny fake interview, but didn't find any inspiration.  

Maybe soon.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Because they didn’t do the typical press and promo on the Hella Mega, we actually haven’t had a feature interview with the band since 2019 (maybe early 2020?). That’s what I’m most eager for.

You can probably blame the pandemic for that

• Like 1

1972 should have a VR release.

You live in 1972 for the length of the album, and at the very end, you witness the birth of the members of Green Day.  There are subliminal glimpses of a Trans Am in the background, hinting that The Network played a part or are even the parents of Green Day.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I want to hear song titles before the album release, like the Breakdown promotion.

I was watching a bunch of Billie interviews last nights in hopes of making a funny fake interview, but didn't find any inspiration.  

Maybe soon.

Has anyone made a “Y’know” compilation?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

With all of the shows and festivals coming up, I have a hard time imagining the band won't want to have something new out within the next two months.

I agree, it’s either before June or after July - or after September if things get really dire

51 minutes ago, That Dude said:

1972 should have a VR release.

You live in 1972 for the length of the album, and at the very end, you witness the birth of the members of Green Day.  There are subliminal glimpses of a Trans Am in the background, hinting that The Network played a part or are even the parents of Green Day.

NO 😤😤

33 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Has anyone made a “Y’know” compilation?

Yes, look on YouTube.

• Like 2

I'm feeling a single in early May

Or they could release it on the same day as Obi Wan Kenobi and make a very memorable occasion

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

I'm feeling a single in early May

Or they could release it on the same day as Obi Wan Kenobi and make a very memorable occasion

Plus that’s Mike’s birthday too!!!

• Like 1

May 4th is actually a horrible day for me so if Green Day releases anything that day it'll just make it 1000x better

• Like 3

5 hours ago, AnonymWarnerGermany said:

3 Days

1 hour ago, Sanity Loan said:

😶

15 minutes ago, legendary said:

👀

I mean, we are due for a teaser in the next few days

December 19

January 7

January 22

February 22

February 24

March 20 (Mike counting 1 9 7 2 on his fingers)

Wait.....19722222 4/20...........announcement tomorrow?!?!?!?!?!? 🤔

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Mike will be busy on 4/20.

They’ll all be “busy" on 4/20

• Haha 2