1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 hours ago, BratReject23 said:

It's clear that 1972 became more of a project than just an EP. My question would be how ambitious will it be? How big will be the marketing they implement? Will there be a massive tour? I know the band doesn't owe us anything but how great it would be to have green day at the top of rock music again! 

It will be great. Can't wait.

• Like 3

Chris Dugan posted a pic of a console from Oakland, can't remember if you guys figured out they'd finished in London or not but this could mean the album is being mixes (and on a Neve console no less). Or potentially they're finalising desk mixes before sending everything off to a mix engineer.

Hoping though that Chris Dugan is just assisting another mix engineer because I'm not a big fan of his mixes when it comes to Green Day, barring Stop Drop and Roll

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Chris Dugan posted a pic of a console from Oakland, can't remember if you guys figured out they'd finished in London or not but this could mean the album is being mixes (and on a Neve console no less). Or potentially they're finalising desk mixes before sending everything off to a mix engineer.

Hoping though that Chris Dugan is just assisting another mix engineer because I'm not a big fan of his mixes when it comes to Green Day, barring Stop Drop and Roll

Hopefully not. He‘s a great engineer, but the songs that he mixes have sooo much low end and are so boomy. Maybe he mixed the Max Creeps stuff, because Melissa Reese commented the post

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Sara commented “Rock n roll!!” on it!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

1972 is a rock n’ roll album CONFIRMED!

game-changing-for-me-kendall-gray.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

1972 is a rock n’ roll album CONFIRMED!

38 minutes ago, Squashie said:

game-changing-for-me-kendall-gray.gif

What I meant was, the fact that Sara commented confirms the post is Green Day related

24 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

What I meant was, the fact that Sara commented confirms the post is Green Day related

And that it’s LOUD

• Like 2

Rob Cavallo vocals, anyone?

Imagine Rob in guy liner and skinny jeans.

No shirt.

Tatted up. 

6 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Rob Cavallo vocals, anyone?

Imagine Rob in guy liner and skinny jeans.

No shirt.

Tatted up. 

Green Day 2:

Rob Cavallo - vocals, guitars

Machine Gun Kelly - bass

Frankito Cool - drums and vocals. 

Fingers crossed this is the real Max Creeps.

Now that I think about it, it would be awesome if Billie, Mike and Tre's children forged ahead as Green Day of the future.  Somebody has to do Green Day for Gen Alpha or whoever.

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And that it’s LOUD

And the fact that it's tagged in Oakland, which means it's now in the mixing stage!!! Guys, I think it's almost time!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Listening to the #1972 teases I gotta say...it sounds like the trilogy and FOAM mixed up together. Take that as will

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

Listening to the #1972 teases I gotta say...it sounds like the trilogy and FOAM mixed up together. Take that as will

American Idiot too!!!

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Throwback album name suggestion to ~2008 here on GDC*: Coffee and Repent

* Man I feel old

Coffee and Repent, oh man.  In my mind, that is the best fake Green Day album.   Probably inspired my love of fake tracklists, changing how I live my life forever.

Somebody needs to Panicland THAT one !  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Squashie said:

And here is the link:

Or "Rob Cavallo tries to get into a really low riding car"

Lol Billie giving him a ride to the studio?

• Haha 1