1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

14 minutes ago, Clockwise said:

Again, Green Day don't have to deal with a typical album roll-out anymore. They could put the record out tomorrow if they wanted to. 

Or Record Store Day, Saturday, April 23!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Clockwise said:

Again, Green Day don't have to deal with a typical album roll-out anymore. They could put the record out tomorrow if they wanted to. 

They could, but why would they?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

idk I think we should just be patient. Everything they've been teasing so far has been from when they were in the studio, and they were teasing when they were recording too. Now that they're back in the U.S. and recording is (for now, as far as we know) done it could be they have nothing more to tease without giving away too much or they were told to cut back. 

• Like 1

Given how long they have teased other projects, I think we could be ages away from a release.  I think the “6 track EP” may have evolved into an album.  Feels like they teased Revrad for a long time.

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I don’t think it ever was a 6 track EP. They just started with six songs and split the recording schedule up to maybe suit everyone’s schedules since that’s a long time to be away all at once (May have been covid reasons or visa restrictions)

Didn’t Billie tell a fan they were going to release 6 songs in the new year though? That’s why there’s this idea of them either deciding to re-record them or expand the project.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Billie bleaching his hair is typically good news.

So it's not an old pic?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

So it's not an old pic?

No one knows, but it’s probably safe to assume it’s current

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jankowski576 said:

No one knows, but it’s probably safe to assume it’s current

I assume it’s old because he’s been posting pics from over the last two years and we know he’s been blonde already at least once. Plus he has a Green Day show coming up and he’s only had black hair for Green Day gigs for the past six years. But whatever, if it’s new that’s great

• Like 4

imo we have to possibilities:

1) a short run of marketing and releasing single(s) and a full LP release just before/during hellamega shows in europe

2) teasing continues, and we wont get anything until hellamega is over

peoples attention span is very short nowadays, so i dont see them releasing single(s) for months

a quick intense marketing is what i expect, but we are running out of time for option 1, so maybe option 2 is more likely (sadly)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

imo we have to possibilities:

1) a short run of marketing and releasing single(s) and a full LP release just before/during hellamega shows in europe

2) teasing continues, and we wont get anything until hellamega is over

peoples attention span is very short nowadays, so i dont see them releasing single(s) for months

a quick intense marketing is what i expect, but we are running out of time for option 1, so maybe option 2 is more likely (sadly)

I still think maybe a single in May, and the album in September

• Like 1

If 1972 is an album I expect 3 or more singles ahead of the release

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, jengd said:

Sep/Oct is one of their favourite times to release new music.

For the album, but what about the single?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

For the album, but what about the single?

Who knows.

• Like 1