1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

The Black Crowes just announced a covers EP called 1972. Not sure if GD already moved on from the title 1972, but I bet they will now.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 3

16 minutes ago, aahhhh said:

The Black Crowes just announced a covers EP called 1972. Not sure if GD already moved on from the title 1972, but I bet they will now.

The bastards!

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, aahhhh said:

Just saw the info.  Adding insult to injury, they're releasing it on Mike's birthday, May 4!!! The double bastards!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I've also split Max Creeps into its own thread for now ... happy speculating!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Kevin Preston insta story. He is at Warner studios. Are they recording a video clip for 1972?
giphy.gif

• Like 2

Not sure if this has been pointed out recently, but how long has the songsforassholes account been at 72 posts?  I thought I remembered fewer but I don’t check it that often.  Could be a coincidence but if that happened recently maybe an announcement is imminent.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Xelgrim said:

Not sure if this has been pointed out recently, but how long has the songsforassholes account been at 72 posts?  I thought I remembered fewer but I don’t check it that often.  Could be a coincidence but if that happened recently maybe an announcement is imminent.

It's at 72 since FOAM release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

May I ask what the songsforassholes account is? It's privated but obviously associated with Green Day, but I can't quite figure out what it is from looking thru old posts on this thread. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dreamykatie said:

May I ask what the songsforassholes account is? It's privated but obviously associated with Green Day, but I can't quite figure out what it is from looking thru old posts on this thread. 

Supposedly the band documenting the FOAM sessions for themselves

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

What is going on? 

The thread has been separated. Go here:

• Thanks 2

With this Max Creeps thing going on now, when do you guys think we’ll get another 1972 teaser?

• Like 1

I can't tell which is the bigger cockblocker right now, Max Creeps or Black Crowes. Poor 1972 😢

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I can't tell which is the bigger cockblocker right now, Max Creeps or Black Crowes. Poor 1972 😢

That's what they get for teasing so long.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • Haha 1

The Interrupters just announced their new album and it comes out in August so I think we're looking at a Fall release no matter what at this point.  Single, who knows? They just finished recording so at least a few months. Late summer?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The Interrupters just announced their new album and it comes out in August so I think we're looking at a Fall release no matter what at this point.  Single, who knows? They just finished recording so at least a few months. Late summer?

Do you think all those London posts were posted as they were happening or do you think they were already done at that point?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think all those London posts were posted as they were happening or do you think they were already done at that point?

As they were happening

• Like 1

Again, Green Day don't have to deal with a typical album roll-out anymore. They could put the record out tomorrow if they wanted to. 

• Like 3