1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

27 minutes ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

I honestly don’t think they’re in the recording phase anymore. I think they documented a ton of the recording phase to use as teasers and now they’re either waiting for final mixes or for more information on an appropriate release timeline. If I were to guess I’d say we will know more in late May or early June. I’m feeling a Fall 2022 release.

They were clearly in London after the Innings Festival. Fans posted photos on social of meeting them on the streets. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Squashie said:

They were clearly in London after the Innings Festival. Fans posted photos on social of meeting them on the streets. 

They might have been just finishing the stuff they’ve worked on earlier. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The fact that they've been teasing this album since December of last year just tells me they must be really in love with it and excited to share it whenever it's ready.  

Exactly!!! It’s almost like FOAM was an afterthought to them. “Get ready for the Hella Mega Tour…oh and by the way, here’s an album.”

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

It's an album celebrating 50 years for all of them, and we all know that Billie never thought he'd make it to 50. So I think it's kinda sweet they're all hyping it up like this. Isn't this year also gonna be 30 years touring together as well? I know Tre played for them a few times in '91, but he didn't properly join until '92, right? 

I've never really been too into musical artists and stuff to look forward to an album, so this is my first time anticipating it. It really has a sense of childlike wonder around it to me! 

They definitely seem like they're celebrating.  Tre played with them first in late 1990, and was official by 1991.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, dreamykatie said:

It's an album celebrating 50 years for all of them, and we all know that Billie never thought he'd make it to 50. So I think it's kinda sweet they're all hyping it up like this. Isn't this year also gonna be 30 years touring together as well? I know Tre played for them a few times in '91, but he didn't properly join until '92, right? 

I've never really been too into musical artists and stuff to look forward to an album, so this is my first time anticipating it. It really has a sense of childlike wonder around it to me! 

Tre joined the band in late september/early october 1990

• Like 2

5 hours ago, WhereIsYourGraceland said:

I honestly don’t think they’re in the recording phase anymore. I think they documented a ton of the recording phase to use as teasers and now they’re either waiting for final mixes or for more information on an appropriate release timeline. If I were to guess I’d say we will know more in late May or early June. I’m feeling a Fall 2022 release.

They've literally been spending the last few weeks in a recording studio in London, posting pics of recording equipment.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Beerjeezus said:

Al Bum... read those two words quickly :ga:

Oh album thank you 😂 i read A I, like short for American Idiot 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"Our friend Al Bumm IS COMING TO TOWN. Can anyone help him out with a place to stay? A couch? A floor? A RECORD PLAYER?"

I think we're just days/weeks away from a statement.

• Like 4

5 hours ago, steve46 said:

"Our friend Al Bumm IS COMING TO TOWN. Can anyone help him out with a place to stay? A couch? A floor? A RECORD PLAYER?"

I hope that means we’ll at least have a single by May!!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

I hope that means we’ll at least have a single by May!!!

a first single before the european shows makes sense

• Like 2

9 hours ago, steve46 said:

Are you quoting something someone actually said?

2 minutes ago, Sanity Loan said:

Are you quoting something someone actually said?

Tré replying to someone on Instagram I think.

2 hours ago, GuitarPunk94 said:

a first single before the european shows makes sense

You think we’ll get an announcement later today?

Okay here’s a good sign of great things to come! They just announced, along with Weezer and Fall Out Boy, they’ll be playing at the Billboard Music Awards on May 15th!!!

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Okay here’s a good sign of great things to come! They just announced, along with Weezer and Fall Out Boy, they’ll be playing at the Billboard Music Awards on May 15th!!!

They're playing or they're nominated?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Didn’t see that they’ll be playing, just that the tour was nominated for an award

• Like 4

13 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They’re at the best when you get the sense that they’ve all contributed more or less equally

Imagine Father of All if there had been a couple of songs sung by Mike Dirnt. 

It's already perfect, but that would have sent it into the stratosphere.  

• Like 1