1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

2 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

So that means unless 1972 comes out by September, they won’t be eligible for a 2023 Grammy (2024 if it comes out October 2022 or later)

Do you think they'll ever dominate the MTV VMAs again?

3 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you think they'll ever dominate the MTV VMAs again?

Probably not but those don’t mean as much anymore, I’m surprised it’s even still a thing 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Probably not but those don’t mean as much anymore, I’m surprised it’s even still a thing 

Right! The most important thing now is streaming! I just checked FOAM on Spotify and it actually has millions of plays! The title track actually has over 31 million!!!

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

That's not that much. Compared to RevRad's streaming figures, it's very underwhelming and even though RR has had more time to gather these streams, it was released 4 years earlier to a smaller streaming market

Over a year ago, I made a reddit post about how FOAM did commercially where I compared it to Green Day's other more recent albums in terms of streams, album sales, chart positions, metacritic scores & at this time, FOAMF was only gaining streams slightly faster than RevRad https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/mut1k5/father_of_all_was_an_absolute_commercial_failure/

9 months ago, I made another reddit post about Green Day spotify streams where I noted the stream counts for every GD album song at 2 times and the gains each song/album made between those 2 time and at this time, RR was gaining streams at over 1.5x the rate that FOA was despite FOA being the more recent album. https://www.reddit.com/r/greenday/comments/ol346i/green_day_album_spotify_streams/

I've not done any other reddit posts on this topic since but I imagine if I were to do another one, Uno might be gaining more streams than FOA at this point

Very interesting, thanks for sharing!

• Like 2

On 4/5/2022 at 4:21 AM, jengd said:

Lady Cobra was better than Miranda Lambert, I think she’s awful.

Mystic Knights of the Cobra were fantastic.

How about a Beiber feature?

• Sad 1

So Tré just posted this tagged #1972

71958c950ea2b71450e8c9d8ceeb79766ce920ae

5439c3f5c4c1e3e7dc18bfc14f7a92d3bdfd1c62

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Nice! Album confirmed then lol

Thanks for the head up lol I dont even understand word play in french so I was lost on this one 😅

Nice !!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Otávio Vidal said:

Anyone seen this comment from Tre? Don't remember what it was replying to but "Al Bumm"

rFO0QRMl.jpg

TRÉ! 😆 Hints and lol all in one.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

Anyone seen this comment from Tre? Don't remember what it was replying to but "Al Bumm"

rFO0QRMl.jpg

Can somebody please explain AI Bumm to me? 😂

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, Flashback said:

Can somebody please explain AI Bumm to me? 😂

Al Bum... read those two words quickly :ga:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Wonder if him saying that means it is happening soon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Otávio Vidal said:

rFO0QRMl.jpg

I have all three, Tre.    Hit me up!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Wonder if him saying that means it is happening soon.

At least it debunks the EP theory

Do you think they'll drop a single or something special on record store day in two weeks?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I'm so confused by the strong hints happening while they're still in the recording phase. 

I honestly don’t think they’re in the recording phase anymore. I think they documented a ton of the recording phase to use as teasers and now they’re either waiting for final mixes or for more information on an appropriate release timeline. If I were to guess I’d say we will know more in late May or early June. I’m feeling a Fall 2022 release.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Do you think they'll drop a single or something special on record store day in two weeks?

If that were the case, the announcement should be coming any day now. Tré clearly said it’s an album (“Al Bumm”), so I don’t think they’ll just shadow drop a single for something this big

• Like 2