1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

Not to say a collab - however unlikely - wouldn't be fun. We'd all love to check out Dookerton.

• Like 1

I Was a Teenage Teenager almost sounds like a Weezer song! I'd like to see Weezer cover that in the future!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, localinsomniac said:

Not to say a collab - however unlikely - wouldn't be fun. We'd all love to check out Dookerton.

Or... Red Album of All??? 

No? Just me? 

• Like 1

You know who is due for a comeback and would be perfect for partnering with Green Day for a song?   

Mark Freaking Hoppus.  

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Travis Barker and Tré Cool bonking drums together and selling tickets and breaking records.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jengd said:

Gotta love duel drumming but I don’t really need them collaborating with anyone else.

Agreed....

They can continue utilizing the only featured artist on Green Day records....Lady Cobra. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

… and U2 😅

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

Agreed....

They can continue utilizing the only featured artist on Green Day records....Lady Cobra. 

… and U2 😅

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm still all for a Green Day and NIN collab 😆

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jengd said:

I agree but the Grammy’s make me slightly crazy.  They seem so comfortable with some of their beloved acts who win so often regardless of quality and competition, yet I want GD to win more!

Me too. I don't know why I care, maybe it's the reputation the Academy Awards still carry as the pinnacle of achievement and mainstream acceptance but I want them to win more because they deserve to. It's nice to see them get the recognition they deserve, when they deserve it.

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

I agree but the Grammy’s make me slightly crazy.  They seem so comfortable with some of their beloved acts who win so often regardless of quality and competition, yet I want GD to win more!

I thought it was interesting that they had the Foos scheduled to perform, but the 3 categories they were nominated in were not presented during the televised broadcast. 

How this decision went down in my head:

Academy: "Let's have a rock/alternative act perform! Like the Foo Fighters."

TV: "Okay! But we can't show that genre winning awards because 'popularity'."

Academy: "Works for us!"

• Like 3

They should give GD a Grammy award for biggest cock-tease in rock.

cmon already!

• Haha 2

Anyone else wondering why on April 4th we still all have this profile picture?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is gonna be a permanent thing :lol:

Regarding the whole grammy thing, I don't really care at all at this point. I mean if they do win one or even just get nominated, then that's cool. But I think whether they get nominated will largely depend on when they release their album/singles. I think the main reason RevRad wasn't nominated is when it was released. By the time the grammies came along, everyone sort of forgot about it. FOA was released in a better time for the grammies I think but also was an album that wasn't very liked by most. Also, if they don't have a pretty big commercial single on this next album (like at least Still Breathing level), it's unlikely that they'll win anything. The only songs/albums that ever win these awards are big singles (or albums that contain these big singles). The actual quality of the songs have next to nothing to do with it. Also the fact that the rock categories aren't gonna air means that I care even less. I do hope that at some point, rock music in general makes a comeback at some point in the 2020's. It's really sad the state it's in right now commercially

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Flashback said:

… and U2 😅

… and U2 😅

Not on a Green Day album, but one of the greatest songs ever. 

49 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

Anyone else wondering why on April 4th we still all have this profile picture?

I'm beginning to wonder if this is gonna be a permanent thing :lol:

Regarding the whole grammy thing, I don't really care at all at this point. I mean if they do win one or even just get nominated, then that's cool. But I think whether they get nominated will largely depend on when they release their album/singles. I think the main reason RevRad wasn't nominated is when it was released. By the time the grammies came along, everyone sort of forgot about it. FOA was released in a better time for the grammies I think but also was an album that wasn't very liked by most. Also, if they don't have a pretty big commercial single on this next album (like at least Still Breathing level), it's unlikely that they'll win anything. The only songs/albums that ever win these awards are big singles (or albums that contain these big singles). The actual quality of the songs have next to nothing to do with it. Also the fact that the rock categories aren't gonna air means that I care even less. I do hope that at some point, rock music in general makes a comeback at some point in the 2020's. It's really sad the state it's in right now commercially

So let's say we get a single in July/August and the album in September/October. What's the Grammys' cut off date?

22 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

So let's say we get a single in July/August and the album in September/October. What's the Grammys' cut off date?

For 2022 Awards consideration, the eligibility period was Sep 2020-Sep 2021

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

For 2022 Awards consideration, the eligibility period was Sep 2020-Sep 2021

So that means unless 1972 comes out by September, they won’t be eligible for a 2023 Grammy (2024 if it comes out October 2022 or later)

• Like 2

13 hours ago, That Dude said:

Agreed....

Miranda Lambert has entered the chat 😂 

(Yes I know that wasn't on an album but still, their features are definitely questionable to say the least)

• Like 3