1972 project speculation thread

GDFan2019

5 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

I care more about what the cover will be then the songs.

I care more about the booklet than either of those things.  

• Like 2

To give some perspective, they started recording the trilogy on February 14 2012 and Uno was released on September 21 2012. So roughly 7 months from the start of recording and release. And they recorded 3 albums during those sessions. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Yep. Definitely no reason they couldn't finish tracking and have the album mixed, mastered etc in a few months.

Having said that I fully expect Crush to do something weird again and we'll get a single in a few weeks followed by the full album the same date next year

Do you really think they’ll make us wait a whole year again?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Yep. Definitely no reason they couldn't finish tracking and have the album mixed, mastered etc in a few months.

Having said that I fully expect Crush to do something weird again and we'll get a single in a few weeks followed by the full album the same date next year

Another thing is SIX of the songs were recorded months and months ago, soooo theoretically those could be ready to go at any point, although no one should take that and run with it but if they’re releasing a few singles before then those will probably be spread out a bit

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Do you really think they’ll make us wait a whole year again?

Just trying not to get my hopes up, that's all 😄 I do think it'll be this year but we'll see what happens

7 minutes ago, MaxGD said:

Agreed! The video also seems like they are listening to a mix, so it could be all recorded and in the mixing stage, or at least some songs are

To me it seems like they're listening to the rough desk mix of what they've tracked, but it's unusual for bands to have the mix engineer work in the same studio they recorded it in so I doubt they're in the actual mixing stage right now.

Unless they've decided to pull a Foo Fighters (😔) and they're tracking the whole thing through that Neve console onto tape

• Like 3

Listening to the sample that's going around makes me half expect Billie Joe to come in and make that "SHUH!" noise he used to do all the time.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Just now, blackplanet said:

Listening to the sample that's going around makes me half expect Billie Joe to come in and make that "SHUH!" noise he used to do all the time.

Like the one in Geek Stink Breath?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, greendepent said:

Well, there you have it. Is probably their most 90's effort. It sounds like Longshot with Nimrod production. In itself is not a bad thing. I hope lyrics are just as good as the music.

God yes, this! bring back them good meaningful lyrics!

• Like 4

Are you sure 1972 is an album???   I am still waiting for musical spoilers.... 

What if 1972 is a book?

1972 - Audiobook, by Morgan Llywelyn | Chirp (chirpbooks.com)

just saying..,

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, BratReject23 said:

I think everything is happening this year. Single release before the tour, album in oct/Nov since more likely. But who knows at this point 🤪

OMG yes!!! So maybe a single in April or May? 

1972 double album? 🤔

off topic but the new RHCP album is pretty good. And I hear we gotta new smashing Pumpkins album coming out this year too, this could be a great year for classic 90s bands lol

• Surprised 1

7 hours ago, MaxGD said:

Agreed! The video also seems like they are listening to a mix, so it could be all recorded and in the mixing stage, or at least some songs are

Yeah that‘s what I was thinking, I think the release could be sooner than expected. Maybe only the Vocals are missing? But I of course don‘t know shit, just my speculation. 

Does the European Hella Mega tour dates throw a spanner in the works ?

As in, are they leas likely to talk about a new album whilst they still have those dates ?

8 hours ago, Redundantuserjinxboy said:

🤔

I hear we getta new smashing Pumpkins album coming out this year too, this could be a great year for classic 90s bands lol

Nah Smashing Pumpkins never stopped releasing albums they've just all been terrible, I don't see that changing