NEW Green Day Song "Holy Toledo!" out Friday (5th Nov)

GuitarPunk94

1 hour ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I can't wait to see what scene this got put to. 🤣

The end credit lol I'm not gonna upload it. Don't wanna fight Youtube over a credit video lol
Like in The Campaign I think 99 Revolutions was in the end credit too

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FluffyGD said:

Which is kinda weird if you think about it, because I'm pretty sure he's not one night stand kinda guy. You know, being married most of his life and stuff...

Well, one doesn't really negate the other. Some people are in long term relationships and still have one night stands or get otherwise involved with other people. You can't really assume what kind of relationship someone is in when you don't know them.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

The end credit lol I'm not gonna upload it. Don't wanna fight Youtube over a credit video lol

What about J.A.R. from the movie Angus and Espionage from Austin Powers? What scenes were they put into? Or were they too in the end credits?

1 minute ago, GDFan2019 said:

What about J.A.R. from the movie Angus and Espionage from Austin Powers? What scenes were they put into? Or were they too in the end credits?

Mmmmh I don't know. The only song I can remember being during the movie is Holiday in Accepted.

3 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Mmmmh I don't know. The only song I can remember being during the movie is Holiday in Accepted.

Also, 21 Guns was included in the Transformers soundtrack and The Forgotten was part of the Twilight: Breaking Dawn soundtrack

• Like 2

Wasn't expecting it to be this good. Strong Tubbies vibes. Mix is hot garbage like everyone's been saying, but that's my only complaint and it's a mild one. Hot diggity damn.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

That's lame LOL. But also makes sense.

14 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

J.A.R was in a scene in Angus, but was also played in the credits.

We watched a Disney film recently and Know Your Enemy was played during it!  Sorry, can’t remember what it was though, obviously not too memorable.

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

5 minutes ago, localinsomniac said:

Wasn't expecting it to be this good. Strong Tubbies vibes. Mix is hot garbage like everyone's been saying, but that's my only complaint and it's a mild one. Hot diggity damn.

Chris Dugan has been mixing their one offs (HCTS, Polly) and I would assume the same occurred here.

• Like 1

So I just listened to this again on the official Green Day Youtube channel, and it is so much better! Does not sound garbled. I think the initial upload was just shitty quality. 

2 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

So I just listened to this again on the official Green Day Youtube channel, and it is so much better! Does not sound garbled. I think the initial upload was just shitty quality. 

Yeah, the leak was extremely bad quality, super compressed.

My first impression was that it was very meh. Second time listening, it's a little better. Probably one that has to grow on me. I'm just not a fan of the "death party, sex and drugs all night, and not giving a fuck" style that BJA has been writing about now for FOAM, HCTS, and this. But that's just me. It is kinda catchy, and pretty in-line with Foxboro Hot Tubs. I just hope this was a one-off for the movie, and not reflecting what the new album will be like.

4/10 my first listen, 6/10 my second listen. Overall, a catchy dance tune that sounds like it fits in with the movie. 

Edit: Also, I'm not gonna be one of those who says "Green Day is dead" or whatever gets thrown around when they release something because of this song.

Edited by bastard of young
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, jengd said:

We watched a Disney film recently and Know Your Enemy was played during it!  Sorry, can’t remember what it was though, obviously not too memorable.

Peter Rabbit 2?

7 hours ago, Red said:

That's it!

We've figured out the next album title will be "Bottle Rockets & Razor Blades!“ and will be the first in a new trilogy of " _____ & _____!" albums that ends with the long awaited "Cigarettes & Valentines!" 

The only mystery now would be what the 2nd album's title will be... bonus points for whoever can figure it out. 

Edit: Cracked the code! 

Album 1: Rainy Days & Razor Blades! 
Album 2: Bottle Rockets & Bratwurst! 
Album 3: Cigarettes & Valentines! 

I'll be taking my bonus points now kthx. 

My kind of speculation! 

I believe Billie has sang about hearts more than anything else in his life. 

Razorblade Hearts - A Death Wish..

an album that is equal parts polished and punk rock. 

An Inglorious return to form for a band that is still bring us new sounds.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GDFan2019 said:

Espionage is in the scene in Austin powers 2 where will Ferrell's character mustafa chases Mike Myers and heather Graham in their car

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, X-Kid_88 said:

Espionage is in the scene in Austin powers 2 where will Ferrell's character mustafa chases Mike Myers and heather Graham in their car

We have 86 in Joe's Apartment too

3 hours ago, That Dude said:

That what I meant, Rev Rad and Tre are the only albums where the songs all have the title in the lyrics.

Lazy Bones, Dirty Rotten Bastards and Forever Now all do not mention the song title

• Like 2

Certainly their best since pre-FOAMF, although does anyone else feel like the recycling of lyrics, melodies, riffs is progressively becoming worse and more obvious? They're almost starting to sound like a parody of themselves.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BronniIsGod said:

Certainly their best since pre-FOAMF, although does anyone else feel like the recycling of lyrics, melodies, riffs is progressively becoming worse and more obvious? They're almost starting to sound like a parody of themselves.

I think it's ok for these standalone singles. These are intended to just be fun tracks, not too serious lyrically or anything like that & nothing too ambitious musically. I'd wait to see what they have in store for the next album before getting too concerned. The important thing is the quality of these standalone tracks are getting better (Holy Toledo > Pollyanna > HCTS) so I'm not concerned right now

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Christian's Inferno! said:

I think it's ok for these standalone singles. These are intended to just be fun tracks, not too serious lyrically or anything like that & nothing too ambitious musically. I'd wait to see what they have in store for the next album before getting too concerned. The important thing is the quality of these standalone tracks are getting better (Holy Toledo > Pollyanna > HCTS) so I'm not concerned right now

With the holidays coming up in just 3 weeks, I wonder if they’ll ever put out another Christmas song

• Like 1