NEW Green Day Song "Holy Toledo!" out Friday (5th Nov)

GuitarPunk94

TUBBIES VIBES

The sound quality is kinda bad in this video, I'm gonna wait until it drops on spotify or something to listen to the full thing but I really love the 40 seconds I've heard so far!!! :woot:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, AlissaGoesRAWR said:

Mother Mary Pt. 2

... Catchy, but I can't understand anything he's saying. Why does the mix sound so weird?

I also thought of Mother Mary and totally agree about the mix sound 
I wish his voice was more clear 

I agree with the mixing issues comments.  After one listen- if it was the first song I ever heard, I'd like it a lot, but all I could think was that I've heard this before.  I was hearing Iggy Pop's Lust for Life in parts.  Also heard Devil's Kind.  6/10.  Better than HCTS, not as good as Pollyanna.

• Like 2

I mean I love Insomniac so if I’m complaining about how I can’t hear his voice, you know it’s bad. :lol: 

Still SO glad it’s not like the garbage that is HCTS. I’m just going to bleach that from my brain. 

• Like 4

The quality of that audio is so shite I’m shitting my pants. Waiting for a decent one 😕 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, HAPPY FINKING UNICORN said:

The quality of that audio is so shite I’m shitting my pants. Waiting for a decent one 😕 

I have audio directly from the YouTube release and it’s not any better 

• Like 1

Ok travelled to NZ to get the official YouTube version 😛 Cute song, really nice considering it was such an unexpected release out of nowhere. 
Those drums kicking in at 150% volume really woke me up tho 😂

4 minutes ago, Verycool99 said:

I have audio directly from the YouTube release and it’s not any better 

Nah it’s 100 times better than that super compressed reupload. 

• Like 3

It does feel very Trilogy-esque to it, and I do like it aside from the garbled vocals. I am imagining the official version will sound better. Bear in mind that this is written for a movie about an open marriage, so it had to fit kind of a party theme. I do think it is a big step up from FOAM and also from Pollyanna. Lyric-wise much better than HCTS but I do love the hard rock sound of HCTS too. 

Also, we are sure this is the real song right? I mean that is definitely Billie's voice, but we have been scammed before LOL. 

7 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

Also, we are sure this is the real song right? I mean that is definitely Billie's voice, but we have been scammed before LOL. 

Yeah it's the real song. It's out in NZ.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

It does feel very Trilogy-esque to it, and I do like it aside from the garbled vocals. I am imagining the official version will sound better. Bear in mind that this is written for a movie about an open marriage, so it had to fit kind of a party theme. I do think it is a big step up from FOAM and also from Pollyanna. Lyric-wise much better than HCTS but I do love the hard rock sound of HCTS too. 

it was produced by Butch Walker, so I guess it still is a FOAM Leftover

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Yeah it's the real song. It's out in NZ.

I have to get a VPN or something so I can live in the future with New Zealand, Australia and those islands.  

OR the world could get on global time. 

This is a good place to discuss political time zone issues, right?  Well I CAN'T right now because I'm rocking out to HOLY TOLEDO!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I can confirm that the original YT release sounds so much clearer, don't worry people.

Anyway it's a mash up of Stray Heart, Mother Mary and Devil's Kind...And I like it.

• Like 2

I just heard the full hq of the song and my fucking God!! It's so damn good! 🙌🏼So much better than pollyanna & hcts

• Like 3