NEW Green Day Song "Holy Toledo!" out Friday (5th Nov)

GuitarPunk94

Just now, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

71061b92bdba09d5659456b88cb91faea9c3d421

22c2ef626e7de0a60fa6231d9b0c1faadba14edd

That top video reminds me very much of the "Troubled Times" video. Wondering if something like that is coming. 

I keep checking for a tracklisting for the soundtrack.  I have a thing for tracklistings, lol. 

Curious as to what Stumpy has curiated along with this banger.

I want to see the movie 

too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, That Dude said:

I keep checking for a tracklisting for the soundtrack.  I have a thing for tracklistings, lol. 

Curious as to what Stumpy has curiated along with this banger.

I want to see the movie 

too.

Did Fall Out Boy and Weezer put out new songs for this too?

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, GDFan2019 said:

Did Fall Out Boy and Weezer put out new songs for this too?

We don't know any other songs yet, but it would be cool if all the song titles or lyrics connected to each other in some way. 

42 minutes ago, dirnt286 said:

Sounds like an unreleased track from FOAM. Meh.

Not so sure, this track sounds nothing like a FOAM track. It has no synths or clapping. It sounds like Green Day getting back to straight up rock!!! But on the other hand, if it is a FOAM outtake, this is probably the reason why it was cut, sounding out of place on the record.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GDFan2019 said:

Not so sure, this track sounds nothing like a FOAM track

I've heard this a few times now and honestly every time I listen to it the first other similar Green Day song that comes into my head is "Meet me on the Roof". Second would probably be Graffitia. 

Don't know that I'm mad about the lyrics but I accept it was written for a movie that they're relevant to. The tune is a bop

• Like 1

I like it. I've listened to it again unlike Here Comes the Shart and Pollyanna which I don't remember or care enough to go back to. It'll probably grow on me some more yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, solongfromthestars said:

I like it. I've listened to it again unlike Here Comes the Shart and Pollyanna which I don't remember or care enough to go back to. It'll probably grow on me some more yet.

I now really want them to make a song called Here Comes the Shart, about what happens after one eats too much deep dish pizza and then has to spend two hours on stage (*cough* @Squashie *cough*). 🤣

I'd say this song is so catchy. Reminds me of the trilogy era especially Stray Heart and even all the way back to Mother Mary (fbht). Totally enjoyed jamming to this song so I did a cover as a one man band. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Lady Mix-A-Lot said:

I now really want them to make a song called Here Comes the Shart, about what happens after one eats too much deep dish pizza and then has to spend two hours on stage (*cough* @Squashie *cough*). 🤣

All I remember about HCTS is that "shock" sounded like "shart," so you can always say it's open to interpretation! :ga:

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Stark said:

I'd say this song is so catchy. Reminds me of the trilogy era especially Stray Heart and even all the way back to Mother Mary (fbht). Totally enjoyed jamming to this song so I did a cover as a one man band. 

Wow this is really good!!!! Check out my cover of Meet Me on the Roof, I recorded it last year!!! https://soundcloud.app.goo.gl/1ak6gfsJMG3ydkrR9

• Like 1

Listening to the song at different speeds now.    

Why?    I'm a superfan, that's why ;)

My favorite part of the song is at 1:13 with the line "Crawling out of a dead man's bed" and the subsequent "we don't wanna know" lines.   

oooh, so good. 

What would this song be called if not Holy Toledo?  

Sex With Strangers?

Death Wish Cravers?

Talk of the Town?

Also, I just remembered that we keep forgetting about 

Dreaming. 

Dreaming is free.

Darn, we've got so much Green Day goodness lately.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Fantano said it was trash and refused to even say why. What a garbage reviewer. Just hates Green Day no matter what they put out.

I got to chat with Fantano on his tour (he was on right before my friends band!) and I told him I discovered him by searching for bad reviews of Green Day :)    

I don't know why, I just like hearing bad reviews of stuff I like.   

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, That Dude said:

I got to chat with Fantano on his tour (he was on right before my friends band!) and I told him I discovered him by searching for bad reviews of Green Day :)    

I don't know why, I just like hearing bad reviews of stuff I like.   

Love your channel, though!

• Like 2