Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! Official Lyrics

Hermione

22 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And WTF is CUNT about?  Herpes and Cheerios??

I think it's about Hollywood's pedophile problem.

18 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

And WTF is CUNT about?  Herpes and Cheerios??

my friends and I's theory was that it's about the whole swmrs / lydia situation...

Spoiler

"rhymes with chlamidya" - lydia / chlamidya

"makes pretty faces with laryngitis" - there was that whole thing where the regrettes cancelled some shows because she had laryngitis? but then there was some instagram post or something where she seemed fine and I believe Max sicked people on her over it. correct me if i'm misremembering though

"a child actor" - lydia was a child actor

carolina's ultimate netflix tweet means nothing other than abbreviating to cunt.

this is just our speculation. I feel like we had more that we were pointing to, but that's what I remember off the top of my head

2 minutes ago, Herroon said:

my friends and I's theory was that it's about the whole swmrs / lydia situation...

Hide contents

"makes pretty faces with laryngitis" - there was that whole thing where the regrettes cancelled some shows because she had laryngitis? but then there was some instagram post or something where she seemed fine and I believe Max sicked people on her over it. correct me if i'm misremembering though

carolina's ultimate netflix tweet means nothing other than abbreviating to cunt.

this is just our speculation. I feel like we had more that we were pointing to, but that's what I remember off the top of my head

That would be ballsy of Billie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

That would be ballsy of Billie.

awfully ballsy indeed, if true. but it's vague enough to provide plausible deniability, and it's network rather than GD (so it's not as widespread), which led me to considering the possibility more seriously

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Herroon said:

Hide contents

Wow I did not think of that. Could be a stretch but yes the laryngitis was a thing  and an ultimate tweet at least could be her online statement. Probably not but it’s weird.

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

Wow I did not think of that. Could be a stretch but yes the laryngitis was a thing  and an ultimate tweet at least could be her online statement. Probably not but it’s weird.

yeah, I'm not saying it isn't a stretch by any means haha. but it just felt like too many of those pieces were there for it to be a coincidence...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Herroon said:

yeah, I'm not saying it isn't a stretch by any means haha. but it just felt like too many of those pieces were there for it to be a coincidence...

Well if it is we now know Billie’s position on it, no need to speculate any longer if true.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Consistently fucked

This got me thinking if there’s an album he wrote that doesn’t mention any drug use. Maybe Nimrod, Warning and the trilogy if I don’t count alcohol :P

1 minute ago, Beerjeezus said:

This got me thinking if there’s an album he wrote that doesn’t mention any drug use. Maybe Nimrod, Warning and the trilogy if I don’t count alcohol :P

Not sure if there are no mentions at all, but I consider Warning and RevRad to be the sober albums

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Not sure if there are no mentions at all, but I consider Warning and RevRad to be the sober albums

Revrad has some nostalgia about smoking weed, but yeah that’s still pretty sober

29 minutes ago, Herroon said:

Reveal hidden contents

Well, the theory makes surprisingly a lot of sense for a song that seemed nonsensical...

yo that last verse to Time Capsule is cool. I'm liking the official versions of a lot of these lyrics more than what we were hearing lol

3 minutes ago, Beerjeezus said:

Well, the theory makes surprisingly a lot of sense for a song that seemed nonsensical...

Yeah- that's the thing I keep getting hung up on... the boot seems to fit lol

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Herroon said:

yo that last verse to Time Capsule is cool. I'm liking the official versions of a lot of these lyrics more than what we were hearing lol

I've got more thoughts but I'm gonna move them to the Joey thread to not derail this

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Herroon said:

Me too! I love the whole topic of life melding together with technology.

It does. The second verse with lines about a starfucker that wants to get famous seems like it could be the story SWMRS aren’t telling us (because they know damn well how shitty it sounds).

"The moral of the story is a righteous fairytale
Because the nitty gritty is a life led by the tale"

How is it not "tail"?! Spelling error or it's actually meant to be tale I wonder? Considering this is the man who gave us "it'll be a pole" I'm guessing the former :P 

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ta So! Official Lyrics
1 hour ago, Hermione said:

All done :banana: 

That was quite fun. I feel like I've thoroughly studied the holy text of The Network now.

I bet you loved typing out the lyrics to Tarantula. ;)

Surprising ones for me were "The violence, das fuhrer" in IIAN; I thought it was "Her father, das fuhrer"; "star fucking idiots with hepatitis" in CUNT; thought it was "stop fucking idiots"; and "we kneel and pray to a god that doesn't exist" in TLM; I know he said this in the Corden version, but on the album it sounds like he says "we kneel and pray for a god that doesn't exist" which is more interesting to me.

Thank you for doing this!

• Like 1

OK so I always thought he said the bomb landed in Ohio in “Theory of Reality” but I figured I was just being crazy and it had to be something else. What the hell? Why? :lol: 

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Montclare said:

I bet you loved typing out the lyrics to Tarantula. ;)

Surprising ones for me were "The violence, das fuhrer" in IIAN; I thought it was "Her father, das fuhrer"; "star fucking idiots with hepatitis" in CUNT; thought it was "stop fucking idiots"; and "we kneel and pray to a god that doesn't exist" in TLM; I know he said this in the Corden version, but on the album it sounds like he says "we kneel and pray for a god that doesn't exist" which is more interesting to me.

Thank you for doing this!

I do kind of like it because it sums up how I feel about spiders so perfectly. But the downside is it reminds me that they exist :P 

I didn't realise it said "Her daddy is Hitler" in Ivankkka. Also writing out/reading the Ivankkka lyrics really made me realise how brutal they are. The best thing is knowing the Cancer Is The New Black lyrics! None of them are really surprising though, now I read them it all makes sense and I'm surprised I couldn't make out more of them before. The detailed Popper Punk ones are awesome (I'll have to listen to see if they're totally accurate) although I feel "la la la la oh" is a poor representation of that lyric lol.

And no problem! I'm glad to have them written out as well, beats squinting at the booklet.

"The moral of the story is a righteous fairytale
Because the nitty gritty is a life led by the tale"

How is it not "tail"?! Spelling error or it's actually meant to be tale I wonder? Considering this is the man who gave us "it'll be a pole" I'm guessing the former :P 

I always thought it was a play on words again, as in “tiger by the tail” but he is talking tale, what was the thing about a lizard they had, maybe it was just on sm?

• Like 1

• Hermione changed the title to Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! Official Lyrics
3 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I still refuse to believe it is anything other than "dissecting a man" in Flat Earth. Even @Rumpelstiltskin2000 agrees with me in her rank. 🤣

Also Popper Punk better be "anal nitrate." 

Not sure if this is where this is going, but just putting out there that that is very obviously NOT a pro-drug song LOL. 

Damn! Gonna have to change my custom title! :lol:

7 minutes ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Damn! Gonna have to change my custom title! :lol:

Oh yeah, that was another one.  I also hear dissecting a man.

• Like 1

So, this album wasn't a breather, but this tumor is a bleeder. Damn. I thought this album was breather. But now it seems there is a tumor, and that tumor is a real bleeder.

At least I now have official Popper Punk lyrics. It's "la la la...", not "whaa whaa whaa...", make sure not to use "w" while singing along. 

So many revelations.

• Haha 1

I didn't realise it said "Her daddy is Hitler" in Ivankkka.

I didn’t either. I love it! :lol: 

• Like 1

I preferred my interpretation of Threat Level Midnight's bridge as "like Nazi renaissance."