Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

I'm gonna lose lose lose my mind. 
My CD is still in St Bernardino!!!!! Since April 15th.... AAAAAAARGH

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Still waiting on my vinyl - but it looks like it has reached Canada as of yesterday, so hopefully this week!

• Like 2

Apparently my vinyl/CD are in the UK so hopefully will be with me soon. Just hoping somehow there's no customs charge (although that's probably where it is right now!) 

• Like 2

On 4/27/2021 at 6:19 PM, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Finally I received my CD!
giphy.gif

Does popper punk sounds better on cd?

• Sad 1

Very happy to report that after the shipping tracking has shown the vinyl being in the UK since 24th April that it arrived today, with NO customs charges! I’m both stoked and shocked at the same time. 

• Like 2

Is there any difference in the cd and vinyl packaging? 

*Other than the obvious!

3 hours ago, proud_ginge said:

Very happy to report that after the shipping tracking has shown the vinyl being in the UK since 24th April that it arrived today, with NO customs charges! I’m both stoked and shocked at the same time. 

Me too! Did you notice that it says on the packaging "From: The Network"! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, proud_ginge said:

so what does customs charges normally look like on your receiving end? I do mailorder fulfillment like this as a job, and my boss/the owner of the label tells me to always mark down $1 or something as the item value when I'm shipping international orders. does that make things easier on your end or something? very curious

Not had it happen very often but at around £25 you get charged about £12, sure there is probably proper detail on .gov website.

• Like 2

I think it's either anything over $15 or £15 and there's an admin fee on top of the customs charges. The admin charge is £8 or about $11

Often on ebay the customs charges are added at the checkout 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Herroon said:

so what does customs charges normally look like on your receiving end? I do mailorder fulfillment like this as a job, and my boss/the owner of the label tells me to always mark down $1 or something as the item value when I'm shipping international orders. does that make things easier on your end or something? very curious

The one that made me most mad was the American Idiot red swirl from Hot Topic. I remember seething about it at the time so still have all the charges in an old email. 

The disc itself was a reasonable $28, postage was $44 with no cheaper options. Once it hit UK Customs I was charged import duty at 20%. 

However it isn’t just 20% of the cost of the goods, they include the cost of shipping too so I had a £10.37 charge, plus a non negotiable £13.50 handling charge for the privilege of them facilitating it. So for a $28 record, it ended up costing over $110. 

It still makes me a bit annoyed when I think about it 😁

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, proud_ginge said:

The one that made me most mad was the American Idiot red swirl from Hot Topic. I remember seething about it at the time so still have all the charges in an old email. 

The disc itself was a reasonable $28, postage was $44 with no cheaper options. Once it hit UK Customs I was charged import duty at 20%. 

However it isn’t just 20% of the cost of the goods, they include the cost of shipping too so I had a £10.37 charge, plus a non negotiable £13.50 handling charge for the privilege of them facilitating it. So for a $28 record, it ended up costing over $110. 

It's really bad. I've lost count of the times this has happened. Magazines, vinyls, shirts, everything and it all adds up :(

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, proud_ginge said:

jeez, that sucks. very very glad I'm lying on customs forms about item values then lol, especially if it's helping the people ordering the records from getting totally shafted like that

thanks for the info yall! :) 

• Like 3

Anybody else still waiting for their record?
This might be the last time I officially buy anything from Warner ....

(famous last words)

6 hours ago, Freezing Melons said:

Anybody else still waiting for their record?
This might be the last time I officially buy anything from Warner ....

(famous last words)

It just came in aha.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Pereprimus said:

Still waiting…..

Hopefully your time is soon!