Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

^ Beautiful artwork, still don’t get why they didn’t do a variant to go with it 🤔. Guessing they’ll milk it down the road with one.

1 minute ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine if they put this much artistic effort into Green Day albums.

It is funny that they had a graphic artist do all this stuff for this album a few hundred people would buy and for the last Green Day album Billie scribbled on an old album cover and went there you go.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PluckyJokerhead said:

Anyone else notice there's no mention of Warner anywhere on the CD?

Weird considering Warner posted a joke tweet about signing them

I'm working on an unboxing video now.  

Glad I didn't get scammed into preordering, I purchased it last night on amazon and got it this morning.   

Pre-orders are lame.  

• Like 2

16 hours ago, DookieLukie said:

Imagine if they put this much artistic effort into Green Day albums.

Except they do. Now if is not well recieved, is another story. But that's how art/music works.

My friend got her notification on shipping of the vynil! Now wait 2 months more :lol:

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I'm working on an unboxing video now.  

Glad I didn't get scammed into preordering, I purchased it last night on amazon and got it this morning.   

Pre-orders are lame.  

very excited to see your unboxing, that dude.

About to go flip through the book and figure out exactly what the heck they are saying.   

Perhaps this album is not all sunshine and puppy dogs like we thought.   

Maybe it's mayhem.   Maybe it's Maybelline.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I can't believe that some of the lyrics that I thought were pretty clear are different.  

I just knew The Snoo said "dissecting a man" but apparently he's dissecting the MATH.   

WTH.   

On Fentanyl it is "torture, lies, death and pressure"   when I hear "...dark fantasy"  

From a stupid person

that's how they get you! 

that's what the translation is.  

• Like 1

If the lyrics is 2099 instead of "2000" in Time Capsule, I'm not hearing it.   Unless it's a backing vocal that's muffled beyond comprehension. 

11 minutes ago, That Dude said:

If the lyrics is 2099 instead of "2000" in Time Capsule, I'm not hearing it.   Unless it's a backing vocal that's muffled beyond comprehension. 

I think it is a backing vocal. The lead says “two thousand...” and the backing says 2099

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think it is a backing vocal. The lead says “two thousand...” and the backing says 2099

They must have had whoever it was go outside the studio and whisper it through the walls or something.   

I can imagine one of the guys standing against the wall, whispering "99" as low as possible.   Because....I don't THINK I hear it.   

Also, I'm finding lots of errors in the booklet.   There was a few "it's" for Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet that aren't actually sung.    It's like they hired the doofus that does Green Day booklets or something.     He needs to be fired or given a new position.   Heck, let him sing or something.    Get him a mask and a keytar.  

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, That Dude said:

They must have had whoever it was go outside the studio and whisper it through the walls or something.   

I can imagine one of the guys standing against the wall, whispering "99" as low as possible.   Because....I don't THINK I hear it.   

Also, I'm finding lots of errors in the booklet.   There was a few "it's" for Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet that aren't actually sung.    It's like they hired the doofus that does Green Day booklets or something.     He needs to be fired or given a new position.   Heck, let him sing or something.    Get him a mask and a keytar.  

I think it’s under a lot of heavy vocal effects. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I think the mistakes on the booklets happen because the lyrics that are printed on it are the original lyrics they send up to register... And then those lyrics got minor reajustments between that and the time they record them... And that is where the 'mistakes' happen

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Great unboxing @That Dude, made me laugh out loud but I just loved your enthusiasm, and there was me thinking I was the only one who sniffed a new CD!  So agree with you re actual, physical copies and pre-ordering aaarrrgggh, my copy still in transit, in fact seems to be going backwards now!

• Like 1
  • Surprised 1

2 hours ago, jengd said:

Great unboxing @That Dude, made me laugh out loud but I just loved your enthusiasm, and there was me thinking I was the only one who sniffed a new CD!  So agree with you re actual, physical copies and pre-ordering aaarrrgggh, my copy still in transit, in fact seems to be going backwards now!

The new CD booklet smell is something kids these days would never understand.

I like to think it's completely normal though :P

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Red said:

The new CD booklet smell is something kids these days would never understand.

I like to think it's completely normal though :P

The future of streaming needs a scratch n sniff feature.  And digital black...I mean digital booklets.

Itunes always promised a "digital booklet" but it was just the cover. 

Lots of lyrics related to breathing, or the lack of.

choking, hanging, nooses, axphexia. 

A sign of the times for sure. 

• Like 1

Goddamn it the CD won't work in my CD player. It has no scratches on it whatsoever so first I thought the CD player was broken. Nope, other CDs work fine. But I tried playing it on my computer with a disc drive and it worked perfectly, so the CD isn't broken either.

It's really weird, a song will play for like 2 seconds, then 2 seconds from near the end of the previous song will cut in, then another 2 seconds of the new song, then another 2 seconds of the previous song, eventually just switching between a different 2 second section of the new song one after the other, and so on. Same on every track. It doesn't sound like a damaged CD, it just plays 2 second pieces of the songs in the wrong order. Never heard anything like it before.

I guess it's incompatible with the CD player somehow, maybe because it's a very new CD? I can just burn it on a blank disc instead but it's weird and a bit annoying.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

This one is weird like The Network is weird.  Also a consise unboxing that shows you everything contained within.

Can't understand me?  That's the point, I'm trying to be more like Mongo. 

More Like Mongo has a nice ring to it.....must....fight...urge to make fake tracklists..

Oh man the Vinyl sounds so good!

I don’t have the best set up but it sounds so much more punchy than Spotify and the synths sound so delicious!

• Like 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Still waiting for it 😡

Same. Mine is coming Thursday apparently 🙄 that pre order was super useful 😤

• Like 3
  • Surprised 1