Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

I wonder if tomorrow and thursday we're gonna have side C and D?
We still need 
Popper Punk
Art of The Deal With The Devil
Tarantula
That's How They Get You
The Stranger
Cancer is the new black
Threat Level Midnight
Time Capsule
Amnesia Vagabond
Hey Elon
Pizzagate
Heard Immunity
Jerry Falwell's Pool Party

7 hours ago, The Grohl said:

Unfortunately, I've noticed with recent vinyl I've purchased that they no longer come with download links, which I hate. I'm all for physical media, but on the go I want to have my collection on my mp3 player. Do they expect me to pay for the album twice? This is why CDs are a great option - you can rip them - but if there's no CD release (like Love is For Losers) what then? It sucks.

It really depends on the person. As @Hermione mentioned vinyl is expensive. I collect both and sometimes I just can't justify a vinyl. But a CD is easy to do. Plus, vinyl is very tedious and not everyone wants to deal with it. I know sometimes I do not feel like dealing with my record player and will just put on a CD. Also there's more you can do with CDs. They're easy to transport, easy to rip and burn, and easy to replace (if you need to). CDs also don't necessarily require special equipment to play. There's only one way to play vinyl: record player. And if you want a decent one, you need to shell out at least 200 bucks. But CDs you can play in cars, on your computer, on game consoles, and DVD/blu ray players. 

As for vinyl is much more fun, again depends on the person. As someone who buys both I would disagree with that statement. I just think the act of getting physical music in itself is fun. Either way you get something to hold. And in some cases, you get a bit more with the CD. FOAM is the perfect example. The vinyl just had one lyric sheet. The CD had an actual booklet with new art for each song. And sometimes not every album justifies a vinyl purchase. I have a huge music collection. I'm not going to waste money trying to track down albums by Blaqk Audio or Slipknot or Metallica on vinyl. I love those artists, but it doesn't mean anything to me to have their stuff on vinyl. But bands and albums that mean a lot to me, like Green Day or The Cure, warrant getting the CD and vinyl.

Sorry if I'm rambling, but this is something I think about a lot because I constantly get asked why I bother with CDs.

TL, DR buy physical media for the things you love. 

Yeah it’s bullshit when vinyls don’t come with a free download (although that still seems like the exception not the rule). To each their own though, I personally love the vinyl experience and culture.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dudley dawson said:

Does it play mp3s?

Not everyone has a Bluetooth or Car Play enabled car...

the CD player in my car (a 2005 - bless that beast) doesn’t even work. It’s FM/AM radio or I have to use an FM transmitter.

• Sad 1

Just now, Gonzalo17 said:

Everyone has a computer with CD player... Only a few have vinyl player

I have a gaming computer worth $2,000 and I don't have any CD slot lol

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

USB DVD drives are pretty inexpensive, so there’s a solution to that.

6 minutes ago, Yosuke Hanamura said:

USB DVD drives are pretty inexpensive, so there’s a solution to that.

All the CD's I have bought in the last 5 years aren't even open. I'm always on Spotify or Youtube. But I love having them for my collection.

4 minutes ago, Eric said:

Lmao the singles and previews are terrible!

I find it hard to believe that you don't like a single one.

C'mon, admit that you like at least one preview.

Just now, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

I find it hard to believe that you don't like a single one.

C'mon, admit that you like at least one preview.

you guys only like it because it is Green Day. otherwise you would admit its shitty music too.

• Love 1

Just now, Eric said:

you guys only like it because it is Green Day. otherwise you would admit its shitty music too.

I'll give you this: Van Gough's songs are lyrical shit, Fink's are boring, and Snoo's are one dimensional. If The Network wasn't new wave, it would be the worst shit I've ever heard in my life.

For me, it's not that it's Green Day. I just like new wave. And I guess I like the weirdness of The Network. It's a musical mindfuck. It's terrible, but in a good way.

And it's better than FOAMF.

21 minutes ago, Eric said:

I really only like the Longshot out of all the GD side projects. With this I'm keeping an open mind. I don't really care for songs that aren't sung by Billie but I'll give them all a chance. It's all subjective anyway so when I see posts saying this is "better" than FOAM or Rev Rad etc I just scroll since nobody will change anyone's mind. 

• Like 1

For the return of network for 2020 I think they were planning all this since quite some time but obviously the pandemic gave them with more time to work on more songs. Not to mention that probably a good bunch of Foam leftovers will appear here too.

This are very nice times for following this guys

• Like 3

We're having like 25 songs but we don't have a sequel for Spike named Brandon... it's sad.

• Sad 3

18 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

We're having like 25 songs but we don't have a sequel for Spike named Brandon... it's sad.

Spike was my introduction to the Network back in the day when I was just getting into Green Day. It would have been nice to hear a follow up, but ehhh it's not really necessary in my opinion. I think Spike's great just the way it is 🤐😄

2 hours ago, Eric said:

It wouldn't exist if Green Day didn't exist. So that kind of argument makes absolutely no sense.

1 hour ago, Eric said:

Foam is better than any of this Money Money 2020 bullshit

In my opinion it's not. A lot more work seems to have been put into these songs and it shows. Just look at the art for example taking actual effort vs the badly thrown together AI rip off art.

41 minutes ago, greendepent said:

For the return of network for 2020 I think they were planning all this since quite some time but obviously the pandemic gave them with more time to work on more songs. Not to mention that probably a good bunch of Foam leftovers will appear here too.

This are very nice times for following this guys

I'd like to believe that to be the case, but I think Green Day would have been way too busy doing tours and stuff right now to even think about doing The Network again. I think they may have had a few songs up their sleeve, but I believe that this didn't become a serious full blown project until the boys knew they'd be in lockdown for a good chunk of the year.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Little Boy Named Booze said:

You have USB ports and that can fix that dilemma

• Like 1

Can’t believe people aren’t more batshit about how amazing this sounds. This is going to be a ridiculously fun album. That ‘Netflix tweet’ hook is superstellar.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Squashie said:

Not everyone has a Bluetooth or Car Play enabled car...

the CD player in my car (a 2005 - bless that beast) doesn’t even work. It’s FM/AM radio or I have to use an FM transmitter.

Saaaaaaame. Mine is a 2007 and luckily has a working CD player, but all it has is that and the radio. I use an FM transmitter with bluetooth to connect it to my phone. Useless if I'm out of radio signal like if I drive into the mountains. Gotta have CDs or a cassette adapter for that shit. Only problem is my car has no cassette player, so if I'm out of range and I don't have a CD I'm screwed.

5 hours ago, Eric said:

Untrue. Totally fine if you don't like it. As for me, I don't care who it is. I think it's fun music whether or not it's Green Day. Please don't make blanket statements about other people's musical tastes. :)

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Slave To The Network said:

Saaaaaaame. Mine is a 2007 and luckily has a working CD player, but all it has is that and the radio. I use an FM transmitter with bluetooth to connect it to my phone. Useless if I'm out of radio signal like if I drive into the mountains. Gotta have CDs or a cassette adapter for that shit. Only problem is my car has no cassette player, so if I'm out of range and I don't have a CD I'm screwed.

Untrue. Totally fine if you don't like it. As for me, I don't care who it is. I think it's fun music whether or not it's Green Day. Please don't make blanket statements about other people's musical tastes. :)

well I really dig money money 2020, I liked nearly every song it had.... GD or not I like playing it times to times even now. For this new album, I really like the trans AM ep, and the snippets we've got so far are (for me) are a good sign, I have my doubts about asphyxia and squatter, but I like what I'm earing so far.
it's not because you like a band that you should like everything they do I like the smashing pumpkins for example, it doesn't mean they didn't do shitty songs/albums (and trust me they done many shit) just as Green Day or any other band in the world do sometimes.... and the network is not Green Day for god sake 😂 they may have the same members, they sound different that's cool as it is whether people like it or not, it's just fun for them

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Eric said:

Foam is better than any of this Money Money 2020 bullshit

After release. 
We were right. You were wrong. We were right. You were wrong and We told you so.