Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

Degenerate deserves a better video... all videos seems the same, except Trans Am.

I was imagine Green Day releasing Degenerate with Oh Love music video vibe, would be cool.

• Love 1

10 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I don't like the Trans AM video tbh. It's not the right style for The Network. Maybe if there were follow up videos in the same style that continued the story it could work, but alone among all the others that share the distinctive Network style it's a dud. 

Btw it's lucky Degenerate is such a good song because otherwise I'd have to complain about how badly shoehorned into the lyrics the title word is ("degenERate") :P 

I agree. I haven’t bothered to rewatch Trans Am because the boys aren’t in it. Already watched Degenerate five times 💀😍

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Hermione said:

Btw it's lucky Degenerate is such a good song because otherwise I'd have to complain about how badly shoehorned into the lyrics the title word is ("degenERate")

My problem is the way in which he says is. 

Duh-gen-air-ate. 

Pisses me off.

The entire song sounds like he's trying to speak French and English at the same time. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

My problem is the way in which he says is. 

Duh-gen-air-ate. 

Pisses me off.

The entire song sounds like he's trying to speak French and English at the same time. 

Putting the stress on the wrong syllables of words to fit them into the lyrics is quite a common thing in punk/pop punk. But it's the name of the damn song :P. Like if he said "Don't wanna be an ameRIcan idiot". I decided to forgive it because of how fabulous everything else about the song is though.

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

He's not saying Degenerate correctly? I don't understand lol

The American pronunciation stresses the r sound. It should be duh-gen-err-et.

He pronounced it as if it were spelled degenérate.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

The American pronunciation stresses the r sound. It should be duh-gen-err-et.

He pronounced it as if it were spelled degenérate.

Oh I didn't know. For me everything was fine lol

• Like 1

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

Oh I didn't know. For me everything was fine lol

That's probably because the way he said it is similar to the way you'd pronounce it in French.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bakabanas said:

NO FANGIRLING!!! This album is awesome even for a straigtht non-english speaking fucking male!

Who's fangirling?

13 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Who's fangirling?

I am drunk. I just assumed so. Playing the album right now, Kill The DJ remix right now.

• Like 2

Where are the two most important members of The Network in this video? 

Maybe they were off filming the greatest music video ever for Popper Punk, because one of them clearly sings it.

Wow, what a video! Shitty computer generated Fink skeletons isn't what I had in mind for Degenerate, but there we have it. Fink on the floor dangling the mic in front of his mouth is just perfect and something I didn't know I needed in my life until now!

Re the breakdancing video, I love how Billie just slides into that pose at the end. He's such an idiot! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How would Green Day fans feel is only 66.6% of the band showed up for the next video?

That's one whole band member and 99 percent of another. Which is horrifying.

Imagine Green Day' brand new 2021 single "Hoi Polloi" coming out and the video is Billie on guitar and vocals and then a PART of Mike Dirnt on bass and vocals. He's missing all his phosphorous or an eye or something.  Or 1% of his dna is gone.

I hope Z and Captain were okay not being in the video, or that they were behind the scenes somehow.

Trouble brewing in the  Network camp?

We know they are angry guys.  What if their anger has turned from Green Day.....

To themselves!

If a brawl broke out between the band, who would come out as the winner? 

Fight to the Death.

My money money is on Captain U.   

• Like 1

This whole thing with the lyrics reminds me of Smells Like Teen Spirit. When Nevermind came out everyone really wanted lyrics for SLTS because no one could understand what the fuck Kurt was saying. Nirvana finally provided lyrics on the single release of the song. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

This whole thing with the lyrics reminds me of Smells Like Teen Spirit. When Nevermind came out everyone really wanted lyrics for SLTS because no one could understand what the fuck Kurt was saying. Nirvana finally provided lyrics on the single release of the song. 

Why do they sometimes say "tribe" sometimes and "group" other times?

This has bothered me for oh so many years.

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Why do they sometimes say "tribe" sometimes and "group" other times?

This has bothered me for oh so many years.

It's probably whatever Kurt was feeling at the time. Or he could just never remember them. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm really interested in the lyrics for CUNT. What I can make out sounds like a criticism of Hollywood and potentially Netflix itself.

• Like 3