I used to be an anti-mask crusader
But now I'm on a respirator

(respirator)
(respirator)
(respirator)
(respirator)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DeJennsitized said:

No idea where Apple Music get their lyrics from anyway. Maybe they went to Genius lyrics too :lol: 

I think they just took them from other online sources everyone is sharing the wrong ones but it helps me narrow down the right words and repeated listening helps. I think my corrected versions are the right ones mostly

2 minutes ago, Bobbybarebum said:

I always heard it as "high tech anxiety store". Think "Apple Store".

Could be. I hear storm but they’re so close it’s possible. High tech is correct at least.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

I think they just took them from other online sources everyone is sharing the wrong ones but it helps me narrow down the right words and repeated listening helps. I think my corrected versions are the right ones mostly

Could be. I hear storm but they’re so close it’s possible. High tech is correct at least.

You're doing a good job, honestly I'm still in the 'damn this is catchy' mode, I haven't moved onto lyrics yet! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I went through my whole house and gathered together every Green Day related item and burned them today.

Just kidding!  I shot a video showing off my Green Day nerdiness and came across some interesting factoids along the way. 

I've got a Green Day issue of Kerrang from 2009ish and there's a little sidebar about The Network.   Billie Joe decries them with lots of f-bombs as usual, but then says "they will have a second album".    WHOA.  Billie knew about WE TOLD YA SO! in 2009.   

Here's the exact quote - 

by the time the fuss died down, critics were not impressed by the band doing something so different, and that wacky image didn't help either.   Armstrong confirmed this year that a second album will be released."    

Dude.  

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

Respirator (corrected):

Face down in bed
Awaiting death, struggling for every breath
Hydroxychloraquine injection
Covid-19 infection

I'm on a respirator
I'm about to meet my maker

I used to think it was conspiracy
Now through a catheter is how I pee
And now I know there is no deep state
And my own family will not resuscitate

La-de-da-de-da
La-de-da-de-da-e-a
La-de-da-de-da
La-de-da-de-da-e-a

I'm on a respirator
I'm about to meet my maker

(respirator)
(respirator)
(respirator)
(respirator)

Thank you for this correction because I was just about to correct the last posting of this and you saved me a lot of work LOL. 

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

I went through my whole house and gathered together every Green Day related item and burned them today.

Just kidding!  I shot a video showing off my Green Day nerdiness and came across some interesting factoids along the way. 

I've got a Green Day issue of Kerrang from 2009ish and there's a little sidebar about The Network.   Billie Joe decries them with lots of f-bombs as usual, but then says "they will have a second album".    WHOA.  Billie knew about WE TOLD YA SO! in 2009.   

Here's the exact quote - 

by the time the fuss died down, critics were not impressed by the band doing something so different, and that wacky image didn't help either.   Armstrong confirmed this year that a second album will be released."    

Dude.  

That’s wild I didn’t think he ever admitted to being The Network that he would say something like that

• Like 2

On 12/11/2020 at 9:45 PM, That Dude said:

Okay, this is my outline of the concept of the album.   

1. Van Gough stand atop a mountain, looking down at a world gone mad.   His army of monkey-freaks marches behind him, ready to destroy humanity.   He makes his prophesy and decides to call off his war on humanity.   They’re going to kill each other anyway. 

2.   drinking whiskey by the river and doing yeyo, Fink sees nuclear bombs falling from the sky and ponders on what is real, and what is fiction.  

3.  Van Gough send the flying monkeys away and jumps in his trans am, driving directly into the nuclear explosions.    

4.  Elsewhere, The Snoo is hanging by a rope and thinking about how stupid of a hobby this is. 

5.    Fink has escaped the nuclear blast but is getting into the Ohio bar scene.   He’s doing insane amounts of drugs, going on a bender with illegal tender. 

6.  Fink is so high and drunk that he mistakenly ends up in a Nazi bar.   There’s a whole musical number of him running around, trying to escape a robot Ivanka who is shooting laser from her fembot parts

7.  In digital black, Van Gough believes he has died.   He and the Trans Am are in complete darkness and he tries to devise a way out.   A way…. back from grave! 

8.    Snoo was just about to die of strangulation with the wormhole opened and swallowed him.   He giggles a bit and looks around.   He’s in a Nazi bar.   Oh GEEZ.   He plays the FLAT EARTH song, which the idiots love and he high tails it out of there.  

9.   The Snoo and Fink meet up, running away from Nazis.   They do a Fear and Loathing across the country and get really, really bent.   They also eat 7 pizzas a piece and feel very ugh. 

10.   They tweet about things they think are funny while toasted.

11.   The Snoo catches Covid, and it’ no laughing matter.  He opens the mouth hole of his mask a bit, and revisits the Nazi bar.   Best to spread the love. 

12.  The Snoo returns home to find Z and Captain Underpants crashing at his pad.   The Snoo is terribly upset with them, but keeping up appearances, says nothing about them being gross in his flat.   He is rather concerned with their nuclear mutated cat, but again says nothing.  

13.   Van Gough’s voice can be heard rattling through the stratosphere.   He’s singing in his car, and he accidently butt dialed Earth.     So embarrassing. 

14.   Van Gough has started coming upon things in the darkness, but they are scary, horrific things.  He has nightmares about his facial scars.    As he drives across scorched Earth, he encounters 2 billion feet tall Tarantulas.    He is traversing dimensions.   

15.   The bands all back together at Snoo’s place, and they are rocking.   They bang out a new song about Cancer being the New Black.

16.  The Snoo tries out something a bit safer than hanging yourself.   Stranger Danger is no danger at all.  It is strange however that he tries this while all his housemates are present.   

17.  For some reason, the wormhole that activated when he was choking activates again, and just in time to save Z from STRANGER DANGER!     From now on, any act like that will send Snoo into another location, or worse!  He is beamed inside Elon’s spaceship, where Elon first asks Snoo to put his pants back on.   Then explains that Van Gough has survived the explosion but is lost in Netherworld between dimensions.   They must rescue him before it’s too late!  But the Snoo leaves the radio on, leaving Elon and himself to drift in space.  

18.   Fink has witnessed his two best friends vanish before his eyes.   He does a whole, whole bunch of drugs.      900 different ones. 

19.   With the Snoo gone, Fink, Z and Captain Underpants throw THE ULTIMATE PARTY, nearly flattening Snoo’s Flat. 

20.   Van Gough comes across a group of mutants like live under the Earth.   They are his people, but he must keep going.  

21.  Van Gough has driven the Trans Am through a wormhole and is now in 1983.  He uses his limited psychic ability, reaching Captain Underpants.   He tells him to use his flying keytar and fly to the year 2000.   What Van Gough has left in the Time Capsule will be at the perfect age in that year.    If Captain can just get there in time!     Captain launches himself upward.    *blast off noises*

22.  Fink and Z stand in the ruins of Snoo’s flat, watching spike TV.   They watch so many bad things on the tele, that Z finally turns it off.   Everyone is dying.    Those not taken by the illness have been bombed into hell.  And things are getting worse.   Elon and Snoo come crashing down in the hills, and Fink and Z go to see if there are any survivors. 

23.    In creating the contents of the Time Capsule, Van Gough has disfigured himself even more and lost his memory.   He’s got the Trans Am flying through Outer Space and functioning, but he doesn’t know how are why.   He remembers Earth but has no idea how to get there.    He sees a Yellow shooting star with a keytar and wonders what that’s about.     WHO AM IIIIIIIIII?   He screams, but then in the distance…. he sees the familiar blue planet coming closer!    He just may have some hope after all! 

24.  Captain underpants comes back with a time capsule, but he’s fighting hard not to lose his memories.   Fink gives him a little something something from his personal pharmacy and he’s good to go.   Along with Z, they rescue Elon, Snoo and Svengali is also there for no reason at all.   He has COVID-19 and is being a jerk and sneezing on everyone.  Captain Underpants opens the capsule and along with a ton of 1980s memorabilia…. the cure for COVID-19 pops out and The Earth is saved!    Everyone is cured!  Everyone loves each other and the world is darn near perfect.      As Van Gough land on top of The Snoo’s house and the mutant cat runs out, Fink approaches him before the others can get there.    He doesn’t want Van Gough getting praised for his selfless act, so he tells Van Gough that he made a deal with the devil, and that it’s his fault the world was messed up before.   Fink explains that it was his debauchery that saved mankind, and that Van Gough should bow down before him and worship them!     

Lightning strikes Fink just a little bit on the head, and he lightens up a little.   “Well, maybe you helped me save the Earth.   Just a little, ya know?”  

The Network, along with Donald Trump, Elon and Svengali….pile up in the Trans Am and blast off into Outer Space to record MONEY MONEY 2020 Part III:   How the West was Wrong.

*any and all spelling or grammar errors are on purpose.   Thank you.  

^This.

I'm speechless.

• Thanks 1

I'm not sure why, but Captain Underpants blasting off at the 1:43 mark in the Threat Level Midnight music video is my favorite part of this whole era.  

Z looks particularly cool in the video as well.  

I want to learn to play the keyboard like that.  

22 hours ago, Met Fan said:

I think you mean the "feel alive" parts, I've always assumed that's still Van Gough with a robotic high pitch effect, but it maybe Fink, there's no "in fact" with that one 🤔

I feel the same about the "do you hear them" or "could you see them" lines in Tarantula

I'm still convinced it's FInk's vocals. It sounds way more like him than Van Gough. There's definitely still a filter effect happening, though. Whatever it is, I love it!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Met Fan said:

Oh wow! I thought for sure he said "she says that she is cultured but we know she's a bigot"

That is definitely the line.

21 minutes ago, Bobbybarebum said:

That is definitely the line.

The lyrics posted by DeJennsitized on the previous page says "kosher". I still hear "cultured" too.

5 hours ago, That Dude said:

The Snoo is the easiest to understand.

Van Gough trips up on Trans Am and Time Capsule, but otherwise his english is on point. 

Fink on the other hand.  He needs a vocal coach, because he sounds like he's going down the dark, crazied vocal styling path of Eddie Vedder, who goes as far to HAVE a lyric sheet and just draw squiggles in them. 

Fink needs to go. 

You're right. It's easier for me to understand Van and Snoo, but I struggle with Fink :lol: 

He's so cute, there's no way to leave him out btw

21 hours ago, That Dude said:

Here's the exact quote - 

Dude.  

:blink: wow

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

The lyrics posted by DeJennsitized on the previous page says "kosher". I still hear "cultured" too.

I mean, she does claim to be Jewish so it's possible... hmm

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Bobbybarebum said:

I mean, she does claim to be Jewish so it's possible... hmm

The culture war's in your heart and your mind. 

I thought it was "She says that she is kosher but we know she's a brunette" and "we know that she's a vegan."

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Today is the first day since the album dropped that I didn't listen to any Network or Green Day music.  

I'm thinking I may pull out some older Green Day cds for the car, maybe Dookie.  I haven't listened to Dookie in a long time. 

Now I am thinking about which Green Day albums I have played into the ground and which ones I haven't. 

As far as studio albums, it's the first four that I haven't played  a million times.

Superhits and Shenanigans got played at a lot but their other compilations and live albums, not so much.  

I think God's Favorite Band and Demolicious are my least played. 

Anyway.  I needed a break today. 

It's about time for Green Day 14, right?

• Haha 1

Here are the songs where I can't understand them:  

Trans Am (that last really fast verse)

Degenerate

Cancer is the New Black

The end of Time Capsule 

Thread Level Midnight -   I think this is the worst one for me.   I can't understand anything besides the title.

All the others one I think I've got figured out.   Any questions on ones other than this?