Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

1 minute ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The sharp gasp in the middle of the long note is what gets me

That too

6 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Part of me wishes he would start yodeling.

Knowing Tre he probably can! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

Popper Punk is 100% Billie putting on an accent. The tonality of his voice is the giveaway.
The only one that got me was Cancer, Mike sounds like 90s Billie which is amazing. Mike and Billie trade lines and Tre brings it home with the Snoopy-esk “No Dogs Allowed/Cancer is the new black” 😂😂

Oh yeah! The only way it stands out to me, now that I read your post, is Fink's vocals pre-chorus, that's where the difference shows.  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Hermione said:

Just woke up to this. You're literally just here to make personal attacks and be confrontational to try to get a reaction/troll now. Stop it.

I think it's pretty much the same thing, almost everyone knows it's them but it's fun to play along. It is slightly different since the social media aspect makes it a bigger thing but I think it's just as fun now.

It was Devo! No idea where that originated lol. Just because of the style and era I guess.

YES! Devo! Thank you!

Back then it was very believable, I bought it! We didn't really know who Jason Freeze was before American Idiot so that was off the table.

Do we still think the 6th guy is Reto Peter?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

YES! Devo! Thank you!

Back then it was very believable, I bought it! We didn't really know who Jason Freeze was before American Idiot so that was off the table.

Do we still think the 6th guy is Reto Peter?

I think so yes, I don't think they'd replace a member and have the new one with the exact same costume, and looks like the same person. Captain Underpants = Reto Peter and Z = Chris Dugan.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Hermione said:

I think so yes, I don't think they'd replace a member and have the new one with the exact same costume, and looks like the same person. Captain Underpants = Reto Peter and Z = Chris Dugan.

Oh I thought either Z or Captain Underpants was Jason Freeze! Good to know.

• Like 1

I am very late to this but I think Cancer is the new black is Mike then Billie turn about with Tre doing the one line.  The reason  is that Mike has a monotone to his voice that Billie just doesn’t.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Met Fan said:

Oh I thought either Z or Captain Underpants was Jason Freeze! Good to know.

Looks like they are still keeping secrets well!

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, jengd said:

I am very late to this but I think Cancer is the new black is Mike then Billie turn about with Tre doing the one line.  The reason  is that Mike has a monotone to his voice that Billie just doesn’t.  

I only hear Billie and Tre in the song. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

Z definitely looks like Chris Dugan. 

Captain Undies and Reto Peter are both pretty mysterious, but from what little of the face and general body shape, yes.  They look very much alike. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, jengd said:

I just had a vision of this album winning the Grammy, The Network turning up to get their award and the chaos that ensured! 🤣 🤣

Can you imagine half the audience..... so confused!

And the other half dancing 🕺 

• Like 3

There are so many songs that even on shuffle, I very rarely get to Art of the Deal.   So this morning I listened to it first.

Also, can someone name all the pop culture references they can spot? I believe That's How they Get you to be about The Matrix, although I'm sure it's actually about something much older and punk rock than that. 

And another thing!

Back during FOAM, I talked about Green Day traveling through time as part of the concept. 

Ironicly, my timing was wrong but I was right, and I was wrong.  I was right I was wrong but I told me so.

Green Day and the Network are sharing the time travelling space ship.

25 minutes ago, jengd said:

I just had a vision of this album winning the Grammy, The Network turning up to get their award and the chaos that ensured! 🤣 🤣

I don't know about this half and half scenario.

80/20 maybe?  

99/1? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

80/20 maybe?  

99/1? 

Who's the 1? Elon?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, jengd said:

We can agree that we want that kind of confused crowds massively haha

• Like 2

1 hour ago, That Dude said:

There are so many songs that even on shuffle, I very rarely get to Art of the Deal.   So this morning I listened to it first.

Also, can someone name all the pop culture references they can spot? I believe That's How they Get you to be about The Matrix, although I'm sure it's actually about something much older and punk rock than that. 

And another thing!

Back during FOAM, I talked about Green Day traveling through time as part of the concept. 

Ironicly, my timing was wrong but I was right, and I was wrong.  I was right I was wrong but I told me so.

Green Day and the Network are sharing the time travelling space ship.

80/20 maybe?  

99/1? 

I'm pretty sure Asphyxia has several references to Michael Hutchence. There's even one point where they say "in excess." The lyrics also mention a "new sensation" which is an INXS song. I get it but Hutchence committed suicide. Him dying to autoerotic asphyxiation is just a rumor.

• Like 1

OOO! Can we get a "Cancer is the New Black" poll up? I think the singing goes low Fink ("this party is benign",) higher Fink ("existential"etc.), and then the lowest voice in the chorus = The Snooooo!

• Like 3

Money Money 2020: The Movie! 

Because The Network are too good for Broadway.  Is there a German version of Broadway?  Too good for that too.

Tre Cool is off German decent.  I bet the Network are related to Green Day.  Ya know, like cartoon relations that look exactly like the main charactor , but with a hat or mustache.

We told ya so!

Popper Punk doesn't sound like anyone from Green Day or The Network. 

Can't find any vocal hint at all. And I stand by my wanting it shorter.  Longer could work also.  Just that 2:58 doesn't fit.   If it were 33 minutes, sure.  But 2:58.  Go to heck, Network.  

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, SqueekBatHalloweenBlaster said:

OOO! Can we get a "Cancer is the New Black" poll up? I think the singing goes low Fink ("this party is benign",) higher Fink ("existential"etc.), and then the lowest voice in the chorus = The Snooooo!

It's this 100%!

18 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Popper Punk doesn't sound like anyone from Green Day or The Network. 

Can't find any vocal hint at all. And I stand by my wanting it shorter.  Longer could work also.  Just that 2:58 doesn't fit.   If it were 33 minutes, sure.  But 2:58.  Go to heck, Network.  

It sounds like Billie Fink doing a dodgy cockney accent. Listen to that last "nitrate", it's certainly him.

• Like 4