Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

I'm just glad to hear that other people aren't sure who's singing some of the songs. I thought it was just me. 

I love the music/instrumentals in Pool Party, even though it's a spoken/kind of rap song. It reminds me of Beck.

Degenerate and Art of the Deal--Damn Billie sounds good.

I don't care what anyone says, Squatter is hilarious. 

I get B52 vibes throughout this album, and that is a good thing.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Met Fan said:

My only problem with this album is visual; there was a big emphasis last time on The Network being a 6 piece band and now they're almost getting out of their way to show us there's 3 main guys, they're the ones on the t-shirts and the social media profile pictures, then there are.. 3 other guys, don't worry about them.

It's also evident in the videos released for this album, yeah the other guys are there but there's also an abundance of shots showing just the trio playing.

Yes, we know you don't care about concealing identities anymore, but this makes The Network band structure identical to Green Day's. There's the band and then there's some touring/occasionally session musicians.

5 hours ago, Hermione said:

I don't think it's that different, Jason/Balducci didn't even play on the first album, and on that album and during live performances it was only Fink/Van Gough/Snoo who sang lead or acted as frontmen. It was always them as the most prominent band members and the others more in the background. 

I don't see how they're any less concealed either. They still wear the same disguises, deny it's them and keep the "rivalry" going, it's no more or less obvious then or now. I'd also say the majority of people know it's Billie Mike and Tre (and maybe Jason) but aren't sure who the other two are, just the same as before. The denial was always tongue in cheek, it was never a serious attempt to remain concealed.

That's why I said visually, yeah Jason didn't record MM2020 with them but he's been there -or at least his character was- since we ever started seeing them in videos and pictures.

They're less concealed because they took over Green Day's social media pages, yeah the denial was tongue in cheek but it was fun and there was room for us to go along with it and be like "hmmmm 90% sure Green Day is The Network", if we wanna have fun with it like that, which I did.

What was the name of that band that was initially rumored to be the three other guys back in 03/04? Anybody remember that?

Just now, billiesblue said:

came back to gdc just to express how much I love threat level midnight. *this song would be soooo fun live* Billie really loves the office huh XD 

the album has one good song and thats degenerate 

• Like 1

Hey Elon's definitely Tre.  Heard Immunity is Mike.  I believe Cancer is Billie with Tre doing the title line.  I thought it might be possible Mike was doing the verses too, but think it's just Billie going back and forth between his normal voice and his Fink voice.

• Like 2

Still trying to like Squatter, That's How They Get You, Stranger, Elon and Popper Punk.     They are okay, but I'm not grooving with them yet.     

And The Pool Party was just lame, so I left.   There was a TV floating around in there and I thought I might get electric shock.   

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

I’m of the opinion that when I want to listen to Green Day, it’s for that core sound (Dookie/Nimrod/AI), when they do things like the Trilogy/FOAM, it just doesn’t feel right. Now, if those things were released under Foxboro/Network, it would be positively received by me...cause that’s what you expect of them. It’s all about expectation and what drew you to that band. And I feel that’s what Green Day is struggling with. 

I understand this 100%. Realistically though, with where they are in age and how many years have gone by I don't really believe there's a genuine way to come back to their 90's sound in any way. I could understand maybe going back to something that aligns with what they did in the 2000's as the band was often praised for maturing their sound at that time. The best thing for them to do is to try to push to the next step of where they left off in the 2000's which also includes keeping that pace and energy that they established in their 90's sound. 

I think Foam really did have a lot of new elements but at the same time there was still some of the same old. Despite being very short it's a completely mixed bag of songs and fails to be cohesive in any way. One of the reasons for GD deciding to move on with AI over C&V was this reason. C&V wasn't cohesive the way AI was and it was almost like it merged 3 different albums but only if you chose the 6 best songs from them. Even GD's older records were cohesive right from the debut through Warning. 

The thing is though you could take some Foam songs off of foam and throw it on another project and it works well like what we saw with this album they just dropped for The Network. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Eric said:

rock music is dead.

Yea mainstream rock has been dead for quite some time aha
(Although, PUP is sick)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

Yea mainstream rock has been dead for quite some time aha
(Although, PUP is sick)

Fucking love PUP

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Still trying to like Squatter, That's How They Get You, Stranger, Elon and Popper Punk.     They are okay, but I'm not grooving with them yet.     

And The Pool Party was just lame, so I left.   There was a TV floating around in there and I thought I might get electric shock.   

Squatter is the only Snoo song that I refuse to listen to (I hate it). And I'll never like Popper Punk no matter how much I try.

As far as the other three go, try listening to them while hanging upside down, just dance to it until you love it, or listen with your eyes closed. That's what I do when I'm trying to like a song. 

Hey Elon and That's How They Get You are very weird songs. Try not to think too much about it, and just let it run through you.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, MarriedtoMikeDirnt said:

Squatter is the only Snoo song that I refuse to listen to (I hate it). And I'll never like Popper Punk no matter how much I try.

As far as the other three go, try listening to them while hanging upside down, just dance to it until you love it, or listen with your eyes closed. That's what I do when I'm trying to like a song. 

Hey Elon and That's How They Get You are very weird songs. Try not to think too much about it, and just let it run through you.

Popper Punk frustrates me because it's nearly 3 minutes.   Popper Punk could have been a 30 second song, and then something like Tarantula could have been expanded to make a more complete song.     

But what do I know, I'm just Captain Underpants and I get ZERO say in what happens.   and I'm fairly certain Z might have re-recorded all the keytar parts to make them less mainstream.   I'm a mainstream keytarist, darn it!  

What if the Foxboro Hot Tubs are on the same kind of schedule?   It's some kind of deal with the Church of Lushotology that you can only release albums ever 17 years, or risk an apocalypse that Fink doesn't believe in.

That mean's we'll get Stop, Drop and Roll 2:  We Continue to Burn in 2025!  

That actually sounds about right if we're starting over from The Network onward.    We get Network, Amazing Green Day, then Foxboro Hot Tubs and then the long awaited follow to to the amazing one.   

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Popper Punk frustrates me because it's nearly 3 minutes.   Popper Punk could have been a 30 second song, and then something like Tarantula could have been expanded to make a more complete song.     

Oh dude! I couldn't disagree more! Popper Punk is the most fun I've ever had doing the dishes since Daft Punk's Around The World, the consistent energetic repetition that's not too explosive to wear you out and at the same time it's just persistent and groovy enough to keep you working heh  

Tarantula could have been -and certainly tried to be- a perfect recreation of Hammer of The Gods, I don't know if the missing ingredient is time but it maybe the case. I still enjoy it though.

• Like 4

Okay, The Stranger has won me over.   I might get some Courvoisier later, in a completely unrelated matter.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Billie Joes Eyelids said:

I'm just glad to hear that other people aren't sure who's singing some of the songs. I thought it was just me. 

I tried to find the discussion you're referring to but failed, I suck at searching for posts heh

But here's my crack at it:

The Prophecy - Van Gough

Theory - Fink

Trans Am - Van Gough

Asphyxia - Van Gough (lead) & Snoo (back)

Fentanyl - Fink

Ivankkka - Fink 

Digital Black - Van Gough

Flat Earth - Snoo

Degenerate - Fink

CUNT - Fink 

Respirator - Snoo

Squatter - Snoo

That's How - Van Gough

Tarantula - Van Gough

Cancer - Fink

The Strange - Snoo

Hey Elon - Snoo

Popper - Van Gough (words), Fink (ehhhaw 😂)

Pool Party - Fink

Heard - Van Gough

Time - Van Gough

Threat - Fink

Amnesia - Van Gough

Art - Fink

Popper Punk is 100% Billie putting on an accent. The tonality of his voice is the giveaway.
The only one that got me was Cancer, Mike sounds like 90s Billie which is amazing. Mike and Billie trade lines and Tre brings it home with the Snoopy-esk “No Dogs Allowed/Cancer is the new black” 😂😂

• Like 4

Haven't had much chance to listen to the album in full but can't stop laughing at Flat Earth and Respirator (almost like Tré is going to start yodelling when he la de dahs) :lol:

Still mad there's no download with purchase. It sucks! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Rumpelstiltskin2000 said:

Haven't had much chance to listen to the album in full but can't stop laughing at Flat Earth and Respirator (almost like Tré is going to start yodelling when he la de dahs) :lol:

Part of me wishes he would start yodeling.

• Like 1