Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

😚

14 hours ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

I’m about ready for a Tre ‘House/Electro/Dance’ comedy album. Dude is a Genius. 😂

I was gonna say that the Snoo songs sound like  something from a Tre's bedroom album. Hey may have programmed  all that music all by himself

• Like 2

I wonder if Popper Punk is somehow inspired by Amyl and the Sniffers (the band that was supposed to open for Hella Mega in Europe). Maybe the Network is trying to get their attention and steal their support act from Green Day as another act of this guerrilla war 39.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I'm starting to worry that the album won't show up in other shops. For NFM it was in other record stores and on Amazon at this point. 

Or I'm just really impatient. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

I'm starting to worry that the album won't show up in other shops. For NFM it was in other record stores and on Amazon at this point. 

Or I'm just really impatient. 

It would make sense for them to rush out NFM to other outlets sooner tho, it has the name "billie joe armstrong" on it yknow?

I bet MM2020 pt ii is gonna be in plenty of record stores once the LPs actually exist, they're probably just not pushing it as hard

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Man this still feels like an odd dream, a new The Network album!

I got my iPod classic in 2009 and had MM2020 on it since then and I've been revisiting it at least twice a year since then. It's so weird to click The Network on it now and find two entries, instead of just one. It's strange what your eyes gets to 😆

I've listened to album about 14 times since I last posted a few pages ago, I simply love it. 25 tracks and after this many listens; I only skip 2 or 3 songs (Theory of Reality, CUNT, Threat Level Midnight), basically the songs that sound most to me like Green Day, decent song but they just seem out of context in this album's listening experience.

Currently my highlights would be Fentanyl, Degenerate, Tarantula, Asphyxia, Cancer is The New Black, Popper Punk and That's How They Get You.

Fuckin Fentanyl though.. that vocal melody, the persisting riff played over the chorus, the keyboard solo. I won't lie;  got my eyes watering a couple of times.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Herroon said:

It would make sense for them to rush out NFM to other outlets sooner tho, it has the name "billie joe armstrong" on it yknow?

I bet MM2020 pt ii is gonna be in plenty of record stores once the LPs actually exist, they're probably just not pushing it as hard

I get that, but you would think with the all the attention the Network received this time, they would want to get those links up sooner. Green Day are more popular now than when they first debuted The Network, so chances are more people want the album. That's how I see it at least. 

I just hate waiting. I don't want to wait for release then find out I can only get it from their store and then have it sold out. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, The Grohl said:

I get that, but you would think with the all the attention the Network received this time, they would want to get those links up sooner. Green Day are more popular now than when they first debuted The Network, so chances are more people want the album. That's how I see it at least. 

I just hate waiting. I don't want to wait for release then find out I can only get it from their store and then have it sold out. 

I could be wrong, but I think in the grand scheme of things Green Day is a lot less popular than they were in the early 2000s.
I mean, I feel like general people (not just green day fans) in the early 2000s would be more interested in a side project then, than they would be in 2020.

I caved and ordered one online, but it would be cool to see the physical copies out in the wild.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Yeah I think if that's your concern, you're better off just ordering one from thenetworkband.com so you at least have the peace of mind knowing that your copy is reserved.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Freezing Melons said:

I could be wrong, but I think in the grand scheme of things Green Day is a lot less popular than they were in the early 2000s.
I mean, I feel like general people (not just green day fans) in the early 2000s would be more interested in a side project then, than they would be in 2020.

I caved and ordered one online, but it would be cool to see the physical copies out in the wild.

Correct, Green Day is less popular now than early 2000s. Its more just the hardcore Green Day fans that will accept anything right now that are hyping the album. I get why they did it in 2020, but if they were going to experiment now, The Network will take a huge hit cuz no one irl cares about Green Day anymore.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freezing Melons said:

Maybe but their fanbase is bigger now, so I would think there are more eyes on the Network as opposed to 2003 when they really weren't in the mainstream. 

Just now, Herroon said:

Yeah I think if that's your concern, you're better off just ordering one from thenetworkband.com so you at least have the peace of mind knowing that your copy is reserved.

Sadly, I think I might have to. I'll wait to see how this week looks. I may contact a few record stores and see if they know anything about it. It's just bullshit. I don't want Warner to hold my money for months. 

• Like 2

So far, I haven't burned a cd version by using listentoyoutube, but I will at some point.  

I have been listening from youtube in the car, because free spotify sucks.  It shuffles to different bands after 2 songs.  I did discover Zebrahead, which was nice. 

I don't think I will ever completely give up physical media.  Because the streaming feels so easy to lose, so temporary.    These sites may be around forever, but probably not.   

• Like 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

Maybe but their fanbase is bigger now, so I would think there are more eyes on the Network as opposed to 2003 when they really weren't in the mainstream. 

Sadly, I think I might have to. I'll wait to see how this week looks. I may contact a few record stores and see if they know anything about it. It's just bullshit. I don't want Warner to hold my money for months. 

Exactly, I caved last night and ordered online, been checking other sites and not seeing it come up to pre-order, daren’t miss it.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, jengd said:

Exactly, I caved last night and ordered online, been checking other sites and not seeing it come up to pre-order, daren’t miss it.

Will they let you cancel a pre-order? I know they charge you right away but not sure what their cancellation policy is.

My only problem with this album is visual; there was a big emphasis last time on The Network being a 6 piece band and now they're almost getting out of their way to show us there's 3 main guys, they're the ones on the t-shirts and the social media profile pictures, then there are.. 3 other guys, don't worry about them.

It's also evident in the videos released for this album, yeah the other guys are there but there's also an abundance of shots showing just the trio playing.

Yes, we know you don't care about concealing identities anymore, but this makes The Network band structure identical to Green Day's. There's the band and then there's some touring/occasionally session musicians.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, dudley dawson said:

Will they let you cancel a pre-order? I know they charge you right away but not sure what their cancellation policy is.

As long as they haven't generated a shipping label, you can cancel the pre order. You just have to bug the hell out of them. I had to cancel a foam coffee order because I wanted to change it. Once I contacted them it was no problem.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, That Dude said:

So far, I haven't burned a cd version by using listentoyoutube, but I will at some point.  

I have been listening from youtube in the car, because free spotify sucks.  It shuffles to different bands after 2 songs.  I did discover Zebrahead, which was nice. 

I don't think I will ever completely give up physical media.  Because the streaming feels so easy to lose, so temporary.    These sites may be around forever, but probably not.   

Well my thing with that is sound quality, I would rather have lossless audio files than CDs, when I see physical media I see clutter at this point. But I pretty much stay clear of streaming as much as I can, I wanna have the files on my local disk, iPod, etc.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

My only problem with this album is visual; there was a big emphasis last time on The Network being a 6 piece band and now they're almost getting out of their way to show us there's 3 main guys, they're the ones on the t-shirts and the social media profile pictures, then there are.. 3 other guys, don't worry about them.

It's also evident in the videos released for this album, yeah the other guys are there but there's also an abundance of shots showing just the trio playing.

Yes, we know you don't care about concealing identities anymore, but this makes The Network band structure identical to Green Day's. There's the band and then there's some touring/occasionally session musicians

yeah this was kinda bugging me too..

I NEED MORE NETWORK BOBA FETT Z!!

• Like 2

Just now, Little Boy Named Booze said:

This album is amazing can't stop listening!

same, whenever I've gone to put on music the last few days (which is very often) I always find myself wanting to listen to the new record again

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Met Fan said:

Yes, we know you don't care about concealing identities anymore, but this makes The Network band structure identical to Green Day's. There's the band and then there's some touring/occasionally session musicians.

I don't think it's that different, Jason/Balducci didn't even play on the first album, and on that album and during live performances it was only Fink/Van Gough/Snoo who sang lead or acted as frontmen. It was always them as the most prominent band members and the others more in the background. 

I don't see how they're any less concealed either. They still wear the same disguises, deny it's them and keep the "rivalry" going, it's no more or less obvious then or now. I'd also say the majority of people know it's Billie Mike and Tre (and maybe Jason) but aren't sure who the other two are, just the same as before. The denial was always tongue in cheek, it was never a serious attempt to remain concealed.

• Like 4