Money Money 2020 Part II: We Told Ya So! - Out Friday

A Worry Rock

For anyone unaware of "recent-ish" developments in the record world (within a year or so), one of the remaining major plants actually burned down completely.

If I recall correctly there is ONE remaining major vinyl pressing plant left in the world. One.

That repress may fall low in any prioritising.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Brian said:

This is what I heard when I tried figuring out the lyrics. IDK what a tornado in a coffin is, but that's the only thing I can hear from that lol

Yeah, the coffin thing is baffling.  Maybe someone was buried alive?

Most of the references are from 1983, with a couple from 1985.

I guess the song is about people in 1985 burying a time capsule and planning on opening it up in the year 2000. 

I imagine a video with Van Gough in a graveyard and all this 80s stuff starts coming out of the graves.  

It's intercut with a school group putting together their time capsule. 

6 hours ago, cav9mm said:

Any “mainstream” album reviews in yet ?

I'm curious to see if non green day fans like this album .

So far on youtube, it's just the unknown tubers laying down reviews.  The guys lucky to get 20 views.  But hey, those guys seem to like it.   One of these weirdos even wore a mask, which I thought was a nice touch.  

19 hours ago, Sheenius said:

Do you mean that everyone's opinion doesn't matter? :cry:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the point was actually the opposite: that all opinions matter equally. Too many people get all offended if someone else has a different opinion, and that really isn't healthy.

Favorite by Fink: Theory Of Reality
Favorite by Van Gough: Amnesia Vagabond (can say this many many many times)
Favorite by Snoo: (it was harder than I thought but) Flat Earth

I like all the songs except for Jerry Falwell's Pool Party (yet I'd love to have a confirmation that is indeed Fink playing the harmonica) 
My one critic is that some are way too short.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

All right I love this album. I actually think I like it more than the first Network record. It's not perfect, there are quite a few songs I'm just not into like The Stranger, Amnesia Vagabond, and Asphyxia, man, are there some bangers here! I think what I like so much about the record is how diverse it is. It doesn't just feel like a carbon copy of the first Network album. There are definitely songs that have that feel, but there's more straight up punk songs along with funky, groove based songs that the first album didn't have. And for an album with 25 songs it doesn't feel very long - that's not the case with most lengthy albums. But so many of the songs have the same issue as FOAM, they're too short!! Songs like Theory of Reality, Pizzagate, and Carolina's Ultimate Netflix Tweet feel like they end just as they're getting good! Then you have something like That's How They Get You, the most disappointing song on the album, that overstays its welcome. All in all, I love the record. It doesn't feel old or stale though after a while I don't know if I would listen to it front to back. Compared to FOAM, so far I think I like them both about the same. They're two different beasts so I can't really compare them. Why would I anyway? FOAM is a Green Day album afterall. :P

That’s How They Get You is Top 5. I fucking LOVE all the dance tracks. This, Popper Punk and Pool Party are out of control 😂

A few more thoughts; 

Vagabond is very close to the Dracula Song from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Jason Segal could have written it haha.

Theory of Reality is still Billie’s weakest Network effort ever.

Also, just gonna leave this here.

”Open up to, open up two-thouuusand”

”Money money, two-thousand tweeenntty”.

Both Hammer and Money have been reused.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Greenday_Aussie said:

That’s How They Get You is Top 5. I fucking LOVE all the dance tracks. This, Popper Punk and Pool Party are out of control 😂

A few more thoughts; 

Vagabond is very close to the Dracula Song from Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Jason Segal could have written it haha.

Theory of Reality is still Billie’s weakest Network effort ever.

Also, just gonna leave this here.

”Open up to, open up two-thouuusand”

”Money money, two-thousand tweeenntty”.

Both Hammer and Money have been reused.

THTGY is too repetitive for me. That song goes nowhere. If it were a minute long then it wouldn't be so bad.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, The Grohl said:

THTGY is too repetitive for me. That song goes nowhere. If it were a minute long then it wouldn't be so bad.

I’m about ready for a Tre ‘House/Electro/Dance’ comedy album. Dude is a Genius. 😂

• Like 4

Whoever gets the vinyl first, make sure to play it backwards.   

If an album ever were to contain backmasking, what better album than an album made be the ultimate pro-maskers.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, That Dude said:

Do we have any information about where this album was recorded?  

Wikipedia says OTIS.   

The FOAM tracks would have been in Butch Walker’s LA studio. Any later tracks done in 2020 may have been in one of Green Day’s studios either Otis North or South, but no evidence 

• Like 1

Not sure if anyone else felt this way, but the "Don't push me" part on Degenerate reminds me of "Don't test me" from East Jesus Nowhere.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, pacejunkie punk said:

The FOAM tracks would have been in Butch Walker’s LA studio. Any later tracks done in 2020 may have been in one of Green Day’s studios either Otis North or South, but no evidence 

You mean stolen from Butch Walker's LA studio.  ;)    

Maybe during their third album, I'll be able to just say "It's clearly Green Day, Jason White, Chris Dugan and Reto Peter".   But I'm not there just yet.  Maybe even after this album is done,  I'll be there.     But not yet.  

I'm currently spiraling waaaay down a Green Day rabbit hole.   I'm listening to bands that John Kiffmeyer managed, played in or produced after leaving Green day.    Some interesting stuff.   

That would be a twist, if John is in the Network.   But he's not.   

Just now, pacejunkie punk said:

The Network have taken over the Oakland Coffee Spotify playlist now

Ahahah it's only Network songs now!

• Haha 2

Too all the naysayers saying that if we weren't Green Day fans we wouldn't even be listening to The Network

Of course that's true! But that's exactly why we love it it's because the band are able to do whatever the hell they want and make the weirdest shit while showcasing their sense of humour we already know. It would be a total disaster as a Green Day release (like, I hate FOAMF but love Money Money part 2)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Doggins said:

Too all the naysayers saying that if we weren't Green Day fans we wouldn't even be listening to The Network

Of course that's true! But that's exactly why we love it it's because the band are able to do whatever the hell they want and make the weirdest shit while showcasing their sense of humour we already know. It would be a total disaster as a Green Day release (like, I hate FOAMF but love Money Money part 2)

if they did whatever they wanted to they do it under the Green Day name and not this silly network b/s, FOAMF is better.

13 minutes ago, Eric said:

if they did whatever they wanted to they do it under the Green Day name and not this silly network b/s, FOAMF is better.

Damn this guy sure loves to bitch a lot. I love it.

4 minutes ago, Little Boy Named Submarine said:

Damn this guy sure loves to bitch a lot. I love it.

I like to state my opinion in conversations. I don't "love to bitch"

6 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

I can't speak for anyone else, but I think the point was actually the opposite: that all opinions matter equally. Too many people get all offended if someone else has a different opinion, and that really isn't healthy.

I was being sarcastic when I wrote that lmao

4 hours ago, pacejunkie punk said:

They could have also been done remotely. That's the beauty of home studios now. 

3 hours ago, BillieMyLove said:

It really is not healthy 😥